The Big Picture: Junk Drawer Rises

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Nobody ever brings up the greatest failing and betrayal of the Modern Warfare franchise.

They.Fucking.Killed.GHOST.

[sub]You will be remembered...[/sub]

I just can't bring myself to play another MW game after that...
The pain... It's just too much...
Damn you Infinity Ward... [small]Damn you...[/small]

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I must say, Wreck-it Ralph actually looks really good. I think I might see it when it comes out.

Also I guess Batman should take a little break. As much as I love our caped vigilante, even he can get tired of him after a while.

notimeforlulz

Mar 18, 2011
I don't see what's wrong with the django film.

This sketch is one of chapelle's best ( I fall under the definition of white though )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxcwlW3rrkg

Or is it going to be considered rude or ignorant if I laugh my ass off watching slave owners get killed.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
RaikuFA said:
I was actually praising what you said. And I don't like it either. Innovation damned. The stuff is still fun.
My apologies then, I misread what you said.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
While I appreciated New Super Mario Bros. on the DS as a nostalgic throwback, I am afraid that this trend of 2D side-scrolling Mario games might stunt real innovation. But after the direct sequel Super Mario Galaxy 2, I shouldn't be too surprised.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
A video game that based on a sport over 100 years old, has some leeway for lack of change. At least they try to innovate how it is controlled every now and then.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
I'm pretty much in full agreement with all of this Bob.

However I do have to admit that I'll be giving Arrow a shot, it seems interesting.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Two new NSMB games is too much, just like another Galaxy would be. As much as I would love having another set of Galaxy levels Mario seems to be at its best when it keeps moving and I think staying in the same place for two games is about the most it could handle.

Wargamer said:
Even from the player's perspective, that kind of design is welcome. Yes, it might function mechanically much like the M3&3/4 assault rifle, but visually you have a very distinct firing firing animation as all three sets of barrels rotate on their own axis, and then rotate around each other as well.
It also feels a lot better because it folds out of a much less threatening gun

Caramel Frappe said:
Come now guys, does it matter? I know he isn't evil nor a villain- but look at our main protagonist of Wreck-It-Ralph. He isn't evil nor a bad guy ether yet he does fill in as the antagonist of the game he stars in so that's why he is considered bad, not evil but the role of bad guy. See?
The line people are getting annoyed about is actually just this. People don't seem to have noticed...

Jarlaxl

Oct 14, 2010
Personally, I've had enough Batman for just about forever. Once we hit Batman: The Animated Series, I was Bat'd out.

Then again, I prefer Moon Knight to Batman, so maybe I'm just a lunatic.

Etteparg

May 24, 2011
I always thought that the different modes in the some of the sports titles and maybe to a lesser extent zombie modes in Cod were atleast slightly innovative.

DemBones

Apr 20, 2012
Wreck-It-Ralph: I hope this film will be good, but I'm still tempering my expectations based on the rest of the trailer, particular the eye-roll inducing zombie. This is movie from Disney Animations, which would relegate the film to the "not Pixar" category. Also according to the Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme, Zangief was one of Bison's goons. I know that every self respecting Street Fighter fan counts that film as official canon.

Django: I'm surprised it's taken this long for Tarantino to do a riff on westerns. I am very psyched to see it and I hope it frightens a lot of the bible belt, white, lower middle class people who think Obama was born in Kenya and is trying to turn them into a Communist utopia (a group of people that can be labeled as "morons"). Hopefully the film will drive more of them into their backyard bomb shelters for a prolonged period of time.

Mario: I actually don't think your comparison to the Beatles is very apt. The Beatles aren't making new music and driving the industry. Nintendo is still a dominant force in the industry and drives industry practices. They should have more leeway than anyone to take risks. They should be making an effort to not lower themselves to the same release practices as Activision or EA. Ideally Activision and EA would try to innovate as well, but this isn't about them. Nintendo still has an effect, so they cannot waste that opportunity.

Batman: The riskiest thing people can do with Batman now is go back to the camp and silliness of the Adam West show. That's kind of what they tried to do with The Brave and the Bold though, isn't it. When you say no more Batman I assume you mean "serious and gritty Frank Miller inspired" Batman. It would probably be nice to see a new version of Batman that seems to enjoy being Batman as much as his fans would. That, or as Batman from Red Son.

CaptOfSerenity

Mar 8, 2011
Since I only pay attention to the good Batman shit ( the new movies, the games, and the new 52 run by Scott Snyder), I say DC can do whatever the hell they want with the rest of the media.

tobimaro

Nov 23, 2010
So Zangeif gets to be treated as a "bad guy". I'd consider him more of a product of his times rather than he being a "bad guy". Oh, and I've heard more controversy over whether to call him Dr. Robotnik or Dr. Eggman.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
shadowmagus said:
saintdane05 said:
NO! THERE CAN NEVER BE ENOUGH BATMAN!!!!!!!!
If it continues in the vein of AA/AC and the Begins trilogy, yeah I totally agree with this

Captcha" get over it. LOL
People might change their mind when Beware the Batman comes out though.

I seriously don't understand why WB has made so many Batman animated series. The first one was great, we all know that. Then we have "The Batman," which was okay, and then started getting pretty good before they stopped it. Then "Brave and the Bold" was also really popular before it got stopped too and now we have a new show. Why can't there just be one show? We all know WB cannot for the life of them make an Avengers style film universe, so they might as well go with what's worked in the past, an animated TV series universe.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Grimh said:
Nobody ever brings up the greatest failing and betrayal of the Modern Warfare franchise.

They.Fucking.Killed.GHOST.

[sub]You will be remembered...[/sub]

I just can't bring myself to play another MW game after that...
The pain... It's just too much...
Damn you Infinity Ward... [small]Damn you...[/small]
Gaz was cooler.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Yeah...I'll have to agree. Batman needs a rest. It was cool when, you know, Batman Begins came out and made me get interested in Batman again. And then Batman: Arkham Asylum/City was cool. But it's getting kinda old now. Batman has earned his badass status already...over and over again. So why don't we focus on Superman instead? I'd like for a game developer company to prove me wrong because I really think Superman sucks. I like the folklore that was brought to my attention thanks to Kill Bill: A superhero who disguises himself as a human and not the other way around. So yeah, let's work on that, yes?

Wreck-it Ralph? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to this movie. The fact that Disney managed to get Nintendo, Capcom, Sega, Namco and who knows who else in the same room, literally, is pretty awesome. That's obviously fan service and boy, do they know how to cater! So yeah, that alone is worth my money.

And can we talk about how rich is Disney to bring all of those guys together for the first time?!

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
DemBones said:
Wreck-It-Ralph: I hope this film will be good, but I'm still tempering my expectations based on the rest of the trailer, particular the eye-roll inducing zombie. This is movie from Disney Animations, which would relegate the film to the "not Pixar" category. Also according to the Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme, Zangief was one of Bison's goons. I know that every self respecting Street Fighter fan counts that film as official canon.

Django: I'm surprised it's taken this long for Tarantino to do a riff on westerns. I am very psyched to see it and I hope it frightens a lot of the bible belt, white, lower middle class people who think Obama was born in Kenya and is trying to turn them into a Communist utopia (a group of people that can be labeled as "morons"). Hopefully the film will drive more of them into their backyard bomb shelters for a prolonged period of time.

Mario: I actually don't think your comparison to the Beatles is very apt. The Beatles aren't making new music and driving the industry. Nintendo is still a dominant force in the industry and drives industry practices. They should have more leeway than anyone to take risks. They should be making an effort to not lower themselves to the same release practices as Activision or EA. Ideally Activision and EA would try to innovate as well, but this isn't about them. Nintendo still has an effect, so they cannot waste that opportunity.

Batman: The riskiest thing people can do with Batman now is go back to the camp and silliness of the Adam West show. That's kind of what they tried to do with The Brave and the Bold though, isn't it. When you say no more Batman I assume you mean "serious and gritty Frank Miller inspired" Batman. It would probably be nice to see a new version of Batman that seems to enjoy being Batman as much as his fans would. That, or as Batman from Red Son.
Actually, it's the upper middle class that is more likely to be against Obama than lower to mid middle class. The poor who don't live in the South are a Democratic base, especially if they are unionized. Suburbia just loves them some GOP though.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Wargamer said:
In this list we have everything from the nifty but near useless to the outright insane. Does any weapon in 90% of modern shooters deserve to be anywhere near this list? Honestly, the only gun I can think of in FPS land that feels half as fun as this is... not in an FPS. It's the Patriot from MGS4 - an infinite-ammo SMG that plays the Snake Eater song when you shoot with it. Even then, however, it's just a less ludicrous (and thus less hillarious) version of the RYNO-V.
What about the Rail gun? Or the dolls?
Don't tell me you didn't have some fun with the rail gun? That thing was damned awesome.

Admittedly metal gear has always had some pretty sweet weapons available, so i'll forgive this transgression this time.

I agree with everything else though.

Urameshi13

Jan 18, 2011
Too much Batman?! NEVAH!

As long as the Dark Knight keeps being featured in awesome games, cartoons, movies, etc. I say let there be more!

BTW, I am pretty sure there's also a new Blue Beetle live-action series coming out. I'm surprised you didn't mention that.