The Big Picture: Maddening

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I will show my support by continuing to never play or buy madden games or watch football. Anyways I don't care about the issue that much. I don't know anything about football and if the fans want to put the face of a animal abuser on a cover a game then fuck it what can you do? As for what I think about the animal abuse, well he did his time and now is moving on with his career. If this was about a nobody who was caught on the same charge and was trying to get back to his job as a cashier at wallmart and was up for employ of the month. I doubt anyone would be having much of a issue with this. You could argue Vicks he's in a role model position so it matters. But does it really?

Langwulf

Mar 20, 2009
Thanks for reminding me of all the reasons why I should go vote for Vick. Because I believe in rehabilitation and second chances and forgiveness. Because he's a talented football player. Because it's just a Madden cover.

aim99

Apr 12, 2011
First off, if I almost want him to win just to see if EA would be dumb enough to actually put him on the cover then market it. I doubt it but, you never know.

To the people defending slaughterhouses, fishing, hunting etc. while simultaneously attacking Vick: would you be more OK with it had he eaten the dogs and made stylish clothing afterwards?

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Velocirapture07 said:
All in all, you're dead wrong.
Velocirapture07 said:
spew your opinion and spout it off like fact
Irony!

aim99 said:
To the people defending slaughterhouses, fishing, hunting etc. while simultaneously attacking Vick: would you be more OK with it had he eaten the dogs and made stylish clothing afterwards?
Nope. And if slaugherhouses put their animals through lengthy "training" that involves torturing them until they have nothing but rage toward the entire world and everything in it, then setting them on defenseless animals who weren't put through said training, and then setting them on each other so they can watch some barbaric bloodsport... I'd probably become a vegetarian on the spot.

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
If there are any Aussies reading I'm sure you know the deal about AFL players and things like this.
Even some of the minor blemishes disqualify you for that years personal achievement medals.
(Or something like that, I don't actually follow it)

How should this be any different?

Mangue Surfer

May 29, 2010
Bravo!
Congratulation to EA, you guys did it again!

No, seriously. No matter what, EA always successfully made this polemic PR stunt. Like, FUCKING EVER!

I have no interesting at all in american football, real or virtual. Dudes, I don't aware of one single football rule But still, I know everything about Michael Vick. Every fuck game related site in the universe is discussing this. don't you guys see the big picture here?! No matter if you are against or in favor. EA just wanna you talking about. For them, we're just ducks.

"EA Games: Playing Everybody"

feeqmatic

Jun 19, 2009
Azure Sky said:
If there are any Aussies reading I'm sure you know the deal about AFL players and things like this.
Even some of the minor blemishes disqualify you for that years personal achievement medals.

He was disqualified for two years, went to jail and lost millions of dollars

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
feeqmatic said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
He's a fag that got rich playing a game, and he still felt the need to do illegal shit. If I had millions of dollars aside from putting most of it in a bank, i'd open up as many business ventures and just let the money roll in. So I say fuck him, take away all of his money and make him live in the ghetto, he had his chance and done goofed.
Case study in subdued veiled and subliminal raci.... i mean ignorance.
Maybe i'm missing something but that made no sense at all. You seem to have something to say about anyone that has something negative to say about him. If you don't agree cool, state your opinion in your own post and don't go around belittling other members whose opinion differs from yours.

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
feeqmatic said:
Azure Sky said:

Your point? If something like that happened here, getting out of jail and slinking off into the shadows in one piece would have been his second chance. Forget ever getting back into the sport.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
I guess morally it's not great to put a figure on a magazine cover [ie promote to Role Model] when he's [purportedly] done such things, but then I'm not a sports fan, there's a chance some of his fans don't care. Or we could go the purist route and ignore everything that does not relate to professional sports because that's the topic of the magazine.

I don't condone lab testing on animals though. Green lighting that is like the California ban on 18+ games sales to minors - it opens up way too many doorways. I digress...

feeqmatic

Jun 19, 2009
Vault boy Eddie said:
feeqmatic said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
He's a fag that got rich playing a game, and he still felt the need to do illegal shit. If I had millions of dollars aside from putting most of it in a bank, i'd open up as many business ventures and just let the money roll in. So I say fuck him, take away all of his money and make him live in the ghetto, he had his chance and done goofed.
Case study in subdued veiled and subliminal raci.... i mean ignorance.
Maybe i'm missing something but that made no sense at all. You seem to have something to say about anyone that has something negative to say about him. If you don't agree cool, state your opinion in your own post and don't go around belittling other members whose opinion differs from yours.
... not really, in fact i think you are the first person i have responded to directly other than clarifying or asking for clarification.

Your post was devoid of any type of intelligent opinion based on the issue at hand. You, like a lot of people seem more satisfied with watching the man fall than what he actually fell for. And the idea that he has the audacity to TRY let alone SUCCEED in rising again brings out a bit of ugly in you and a lot of people.

As I have stated before, I dont think having him on the cover of Madden is a good idea, but this disdain for his existince based on dogfighting charges is ridiculous when coming from bug stomping, meat eating, leather wearing normal people. What it says to me is that it has little to do with the actual crime at hand and more to do with other "factors" of the person who did it.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
Wish he'd refuted the "It's just a dog" thing.

Because really... they are just dogs. I don't get why cruelty to dogs gets such an immensely worse rep than a lot of other animal cruelty. Every dog owner I've met has been an irrational overexcited mess. Between them and their dogs, the dogs were usually the smart ones - and that's saying a lot, looking at those empty hurrdurr-faces of dogs.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I completely agree with this. Even if I could not care in the slightest about EA or its smelly sports games, having this guy on the cover is just... ugh. I'm not just saying that because I am a dog owner either. What that guy did is just wrong. Actually I am shocked he is back playing again, though it is not like I would have known since I don't follow American Football or any professional sport. I do hope that if the voting doesn't take him out of the running, someone at EA will.

A good opinion piece MovieBob, and one I can totally agree with. :3

feeqmatic

Jun 19, 2009
Azure Sky said:
feeqmatic said:
Azure Sky said:

Your point? If something like that happened here, getting out of jail and slinking off into the shadows in one piece would have been his second chance. Forget ever getting back into the sport.
... well if that is the case Im sure he is happy he isnt Australian... i kind of find that hard to believe however. You are talking about a highly talented bankable athlete. Truth of the matter is they get better second chances than normal people do, ill look into it, but i doubt that there haven't been any cases where a footballer was given a second shot after getting in trouble.

feeqmatic

Jun 19, 2009
Azure Sky said:
feeqmatic said:
Azure Sky said:

Holy crap talk about Irony and the power of google... this took all of 3 minutes.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/rugby-player-photo-simulating-sex-with-dog/

This guy finished out the season and is playing in England as we speak. LOL!

Doesnt make what Vick did right, just makes some people hypocrites.

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
Yureina said:
I completely agree with this. Even if I could not care in the slightest about EA or its smelly sports games, having this guy on the cover is just... ugh. I'm not just saying that because I am a dog owner either. What that guy did is just wrong. Actually I am shocked he is back playing again, though it is not like I would have known since I don't follow American Football or any professional sport. I do hope that if the voting doesn't take him out of the running, someone at EA will.

A good opinion piece MovieBob, and one I can totally agree with. :3
Haven't seen you around often these days. =3

But as usual I am going to have to agree with you. XD