The Big Picture: Maddening

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
feeqmatic said:
Holy crap talk about Irony and the power of google... this took all of 3 minutes.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/rugby-player-photo-simulating-sex-with-dog/

This guy finished out the season and is playing in England as we speak. LOL!

Doesnt make what Vick did right, just makes some people hypocrites.
Ben Cousins
Brendan Fevola

One got a bigger second chance than the other.
You also have to keep in mind that the offenses are quite minor when compared to Vick's.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
I'm not a sports fan and only knew about Vick due to bits on Leno, but I'll agree in principle that we can be far too forgiving to celebrities that commit crimes. I'm all for second chances, but they have to be earned. PR apoligies don't impress me much in the first place, let alone for a pre-meditated act of cruelity.

Alphamarigi

Mar 22, 2009
Ooh this gonna suck but I must say
YOUR CONSENSUS STATEMENT CONFLICTED WITH YOUR ARGUMENT.
Maybe it's cause I don't understand have asper... NO I got to stop using that as an excuse
I have to be brave and YOUR CONSENSUS STATEMENT TOTALLY CONFLICTED WITH YOUR ARGUMENT it does not make sense to me at all.
And I disagree but I admit I have a bias cause I don't like dogs.
I knew this would suck.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Azure Sky said:
Yureina said:
I completely agree with this. Even if I could not care in the slightest about EA or its smelly sports games, having this guy on the cover is just... ugh. I'm not just saying that because I am a dog owner either. What that guy did is just wrong. Actually I am shocked he is back playing again, though it is not like I would have known since I don't follow American Football or any professional sport. I do hope that if the voting doesn't take him out of the running, someone at EA will.

A good opinion piece MovieBob, and one I can totally agree with. :3
Haven't seen you around often these days. =3

But as usual I am going to have to agree with you. XD
I don't know you, I don't think. :s

Sorry. :(

aim99

Apr 12, 2011
feeqmatic said:
disdain for his existince based on dogfighting charges is ridiculous when coming from bug stomping, meat eating, leather wearing normal people.
That's what's confounding to me. Apparently you're allowed to torture but only to a point, then your irredeemably bad. Funnily enough, some of the things do to make slaughtering animals "more humane" are eerily similar to what Vick went to jail for.

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
Yureina said:
I don't know you, I don't think. :s

Sorry. :(
It was only in passing because you often said what I was thinking, but it was like... over a year ago. XD

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Eugh.

A) By your logic, my pocket watch is the most innocent being in the world.

IT KNOWS NO EVIL.

No, not having a capacity for moral reasoning doesn't make an animal "innocent". It makes them "less than human". In the same way that a lion is "less than human" because they have no restraint in goring small children. In the same way that ants are "less than human" because they scatter all over your food and fuck picnics up. Dogs aren't "innocent"; they're just dumb.

Moral backbone comes from one's conscious decision to do no harm. An animal would never be capable of that to great extent.

B) That being the case, I have no respect for animals.

...Yep. Deal with it.

C) If you can't forgive a person after he's tried to turn a new leaf, then you're part of the problem.

Not that Michael Vick has necessarily done so, but saying that anything is completely beyond and sort of redemption is ridiculous.

D) Even moreso if they're just dogfighting.

Look, dogs are just animals, okay? Cows are delicious, chickens are too, and if you hunt, animals are already suffering for your amusement. The difference between animals suffering for your amusement and animals suffering for your taste buds is so arbitrary that I couldn't care less. In the end, they're just animals.

Now, putting aside animal rights, much could be said about a man that revels in this kind of violence, but hey, he's a professional athlete.

E) The fact that so many fans are voting for him shows that there are many people that would, in fact, like to see him on the cover.

Not so much "ruining their reputation" as much "having good marketing".

F) A Wild Growlithe Appeared!

GO! HOUNDOOM! I choose you!

hightide

Kittenkiller
Jun 17, 2009
Just wow, this is what i hate about humans. Look at me! I think Michael Vick should die! I must be such a good person!

Seriously, lets get a timemachine and go back in time and kill Michael Vick because he is a bad person. And while we are at it, lets kill George Washington and Thomas Jefferson cause they where slave owners and thats a million times worse than dog fighting.

[/rant]

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
Yureina said:
Wait... did you change your name? :eek:
Waitamin...
*Realises that he did change it at some point*
Now I feel silly. XD

I think it was SilentLycoris, or something similar to that effect.
It was so long ago that I forget. =(

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
I dont see the issue. If they want to vote in a dog muderer, then thats fine, we can now label them the people who voted in a dog muderer. Just as I label republicans the people who voted in bush. twice.

Edit: wait, green lighting another transformer movie? I think being forced to fight to the death for money is a bit worse then sitting through another transformers movie.. though maybe not by much

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Azure Sky said:
Yureina said:
Waitamin...
Now I feel silly. XD

I don't recognize that name either. Also not friended. Sorry. ;_;

Azure Sky

Dec 17, 2009
Yureina said:
Azure Sky said:
Yureina said:
Waitamin...
Now I feel silly. XD

I don't recognize that name either. Also not friended. Sorry. ;_;
Well, it was ages ago, don't worry about it. =3

Seddo

Jul 6, 2010
Dear Bob.

Here's the quote from you that has me livid:
"We're talking about Michael Vick, the guy who catches and throws a ball pretty good. He ain't really worth cutting a lot of slack to, you know what I mean?"
To suggest that we should make Michael Vick's life more difficult in part because you don't think his job is worth anything is ridiculous. It's not ANYONE'S right to judge a life based on a profession.

We SHOULDN'T overlook Vick's case or dismiss him as a thug because he's a talented football player. For one, athletes ARE valuable.
Many of us spend just as much time being entertained and inspired by their hard work than those who are entertained by blog talks like the one you write.

Today you belittled another person and encouraged your fans to make his life worse because "He ain't really worth cutting a lot of slack to, you know what I mean?" You have a wide and dedicated audience of people that listen to you. I'd hope that in future you write things with a little more responsibility and a little forethought.

Thank you for you time.

-Sebastien

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
So Bob if you do really believe in forgiveness and rehabilitation, extend it to Vick. It happened years ago, he has been focusing on his career and not being the pokemon wiz-kid of dog-fighting.

There is too much emotion behind your statements. You don't forgive, you don't think he can suffer enough. Look up forgiveness and consider how you contradict yourself in the video.

Also Bob, the term murder only applies to the killing of one human being by another. A nice attempt at pathos there, but killing an animal is never murder.