The Big Picture: Maddening

M Rotter

Dec 18, 2010
Are you real, strangely polite and random internet dweller? took some of the themes repeated throughout the entire thread and gave them a unique spin, im really impressed, no condescension or sarcasm intended.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
M Rotter said:
Are you real, strangely polite and random internet dweller? took some of the themes repeated throughout the entire thread and gave them a unique spin, im really impressed, no condescension or sarcasm intended.
It's isn't that rare of an occurence here on the Escapist my good sir. It is after all the last bastion of human intelligence on the internet.

Ps. Please excuse my bad English, I am not a native speaker.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Peyton Hills won!!!

We did it everybody!

Michael Vick is NOT on the cover of Madden 12!

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
FUCK YEAH!

No forgiveness, Vick. He should be tortured to such an extent that he did to animals. Putting him in a rusty cell won't change shit. End of story.

My faith in Bob has been restored (even after all that story shit with TGO...).

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
Speaking as someone who has volunteered with the ASPCA and animal shelters for nearly a decade and who has supported a total shutdown of all puppy mills along with much stricter regulations on dog breeders, FUCK PETA!!!!! QUIT PRETENDING TO BE ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVISTS YOU WORTHLESS ATTENTION WHORES!!!

Okay i think i'm better now. Still, as far as Vick goes, his claims about trying to turn his life around, all i can say is BULLSHIT. Torturing animals like that isn't something that can be erased by two years of prison, and i'm also unimpressed with his "Talants." Yeah. He can throw a ball. Fuck-a-doodle-doo. Football is a stupid game anyway. At least golfing lets you look at people who humiliate themselves in stupid outfits as they try to convince themselves they're real athletes, like the sporting equivalent of a clown in deep denial trying to convince itself it's a real entertainer.

VioletHorizon

May 6, 2011
This felt like just a big rant. Celebrities have the power of their reputation. If people who buy sports games care enough about animal rights, the sales will show.

munkymp3

Dec 19, 2009
Animal rights activist here and, yeah, I hate Vick. I mean, why the hell did he need to do that for? He has plenty of money. I don't understand. Personally, I think a lot of people in the NFL need to be fired. If they can't act like human beings and treat women and animal with respect, they shouldn't be able to be handed millions to throw around a ball around.

To those who say "It's just a dog", have you ever kicked a dog? Just imagine yourself killing an actual dog. It's not exactly something you can do with a whole lot of compassion and pride.

Not even gonna start ranting/raving about PETA because I have a love-hate relationship with them.

ronnieraccoon

May 25, 2011
I don't want to be an instigator here, but Bob: according to this logic--does that mean we should not buy Street Fighter games? Or Megaman games? Or any of the Mario spin-offs? Why is it that gamers only find it "wrong" to churn out annual updates or sequels when EA does it?

As for Michael Vick, I'm in agreement: f**k him. And that goes for anyone who would stand up for him by saying "It's only a dog." Really? Well what if he killed YOUR dog!? To be fair, he did his time, but that doesn't mean we have to LIKE him.

antman890

Jul 10, 2012
JoJo said:
Sorry Bob, but I don't agree with a lot of this, there are much worse crimes this man could have done; murder, rape, child abuse etc than simply making dogs fight each other. Sure, it's cruel alright and I wouldn't do it personally, but just as bad things go on in nature every day. Also I didn't like in your video how you dismissed a lot of the oppositions potential arguments without even explaining why you did so. I happen to believe that morals don't apply in the same way to animals as they do to humans, I don't see an issue here.

Perhaps it's time to forgive and forget, he's done his time and if he says he's sorry, then I'll accept that. Anyway, just being on the front of what quite frankly is an unimportant video game cover for just one year is hardly worth being worked up about.
just out of curiosity where in nature does one find an animal that forces two other animals to fight for its pleasure? seriously dude animals fight, yes; animals kill, of course; do animals (other than Vick) place bets on which one lives or dies?

sure we can forgive but not when the man makes more money than (possibly)everyone who's commented on this topic combined, without needing to torture living creatures. he get forgiveness when he donates ALL the money he's made up to this point to WWF or starts up a animal protect agency.