The Big Picture: Next Light

WoahDan

Sep 7, 2011
I actually read The Host (before Meyer became famous as a bad writer) its... not quite as bad as Twilight.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Danial said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Can someone tell me what Bob didn't want to spoil about Mortal Instruments?
Quote from Wiki PS: MASSIVE SPOILER

"During the attack, Luke and Clary get inside Valentine's lair. While Luke is distracted, Clary finds Valentine and Jace. Valentine reveals to them that he is actually Jace's father as well, making them siblings, shocking and horrifying both Jace and Clary, who by then realized that they have fallen in love with each other. Luke then returns to fight Valentine, along with Jace's help, but Valentine escapes to the Shadowhunter capital, Idris, where he has now hidden the Mortal Cup, which can used to create Shadowhunters. The Mortal Cup is one of three Mortal Instruments given to the first Shadowhunter by the angel Raziel, and if Valentine has them, he will create a whole army of Shadowhunters. Clary finds her mother, who is in a coma caused by a potion, and takes her to a hospital. In the meantime, Alec has been healed by Magnus Bane and he and Clary decide to start fresh. Afterwards, Clary and Jace meet at the Institute and express their frustration that they cannot be together like they once believed."

So yeah Incest

I see what Bob means
Kudos for this. I went and read it myself after watching the video to see what Bob is taking about. Wow.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Ugh.

That perfectely good Evora chromed to hell in The Host clip.

UGH.

People who do that to their cars should be shot.

Oh, and, Bob.

How's the WiiU. :p

Jan 12, 2012
Danial said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Quote from Wiki PS: MASSIVE SPOILER

"During the attack, Luke and Clary get inside Valentine's lair. While Luke is distracted, Clary finds Valentine and Jace. Valentine reveals to them that he is actually Jace's father as well, making them siblings, shocking and horrifying both Jace and Clary, who by then realized that they have fallen in love with each other. Luke then returns to fight Valentine, along with Jace's help, but Valentine escapes to the Shadowhunter capital, Idris, where he has now hidden the Mortal Cup, which can used to create Shadowhunters. The Mortal Cup is one of three Mortal Instruments given to the first Shadowhunter by the angel Raziel, and if Valentine has them, he will create a whole army of Shadowhunters. Clary finds her mother, who is in a coma caused by a potion, and takes her to a hospital. In the meantime, Alec has been healed by Magnus Bane and he and Clary decide to start fresh. Afterwards, Clary and Jace meet at the Institute and express their frustration that they cannot be together like they once believed."

So yeah Incest

I see what Bob means
I dunno, I think that someone pulled it off before...

Though I don't know how far they take their relationship in Mortal Instruments, I'm guessing it stays PG-13 (or they'll edit it to make it so).

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
The only people who should ever say "this is the future" are actual f@$%ing time travelers.

soh45400

Jun 1, 2012
I don't know why but I always get too angry at seeing two guy-one girl love triangles.
I always try to find to opposite after seeing those by mistake but never succeed. This episode kind of angered me again because of that reason.
Does anyone know any movie that features the opposite love triangle?

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Honestly the only one that I'm going to dread in the future is the film adaption to 50 Shade of Grey which apparently is in the work.
Need I remind you that book originally start off as a Twilight fanfic.
If that movie ever comes up (still hoping it will end up in development hell but pretty sure it will still be made) I'm pretty sure they will cast those hacks from CW shows more specifically Gossip Girl.

Absolutionis said:
I'm surprised that The Hunger Games wasn't mentioned. It's yet another blandly written love-triangle book series with an inexplicably "special" female lead based on a mythos mostly ripped from other sources. I guess the only thing it's lacking is monsters.
For some reason my straight A younger sister likes Hunger Games.
The mythos you are talking about is Battle Royale. Which its author claims she didn't even know BR when writing it. Yeah, typical American plagiarism. I'm surprised she gotten away and made a crapton of money with it.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
canadamus_prime said:
DVS BSTrD said:
If at first you do succeed
Twi, Twi, Twi again.
Yep that's Hollywood for you.

Incidentally, that Warm Bodies looks incredibly stupid, at least based on the scene where the zombie "falls" for the girl. Oh god... *facepalm*
But she has a shotgun! <3
I thought that when she shot him, the buckshot actually restarted his heart somehow.
Maybe, but it was still absurd, esp. when the romantic music started up.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
See these concepts all sound like gold on paper to me. But then a lot of ideas sound good on paper and it is usually the execution that determines how good or bad it is. To quote Bob "You can make a movie out of anything. Even if you have to rip its guts out to do it."

SO maybe this host movie will be good because of the writter involved. Gattaca is still one of the most compelling, thoughtful, entertaining, and smart Science Fiction movies I have ever seen. So if that writer(Andrew Niccol) is working on "The Host" or whatever its called I have hope it will be good despite its roots.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
ZOMBIES!? A supernatural romance flick where one of the people involved should be a shambling flesh/brain eating corpse!? Are you fucking with me!? At least vampires are known for talking and NOT rotting!

Oh lord. That's it. We're done people. Pack it in, sanity has left the building. Nothing left but to try and enjoy insanity.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Falterfire said:
I'll third the surprise that Hunger Games wasn't mentioned at all. It completely fits the whole 'appealing to teenage girls' thing and has the added bonus of having already had one very successful movie. Obviously with only 3 books total it won't be the Next Big Thing for many years, but I think it's got a pretty good shot at least for the next year or two.
They could milk it for up to 4 more movies spanning the next 6 years I'd think, but the Wikipedia synopsis makes it sound like a major, near un-film-able bummer. I think, given how much money the first one made someone has got to try!
EDIT:
Looks like they'll try: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951264/

ZZoMBiE13 said:
I'm very depressed.
Chill. At least we got Super Heroes going on.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
4:21 - This was my EXACT verbatim reaction to the twist at the end of the first episode of The Walking Dead. I haven't picked up the show since.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
MichaelMaverick said:
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Seconded. Too lazy to look it up, the series looks like a decent clusterfuck.
Here's the very short version:
The main character is a (seemingly) ordinary teenage girl who falls for a magical demon-hunting guy. Turns out he likes her too and they have a bit of a smooch. At the end they discover that they're actually brother and sister. Ouch.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Absolutionis said:
I'm surprised that The Hunger Games wasn't mentioned. It's yet another blandly written love-triangle book series with an inexplicably "special" female lead based on a mythos mostly ripped from other sources. I guess the only thing it's lacking is monsters.
Probably because it wasn't bad on all counts like Twilight was.
Their love triangle has depth. Katniss (I still hate some of the names) isn't sure if she likes Pita (Seriously, it's just Peter. Call him Peter) or not, but can't tell anyone because she might get killed.

In Twilight it's basically "I like the pale one better but the warm one keeps stalking me."

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Oh God... it will never end, will it? But that's what girls are into these days, so they have to make more of it, just like they do with boys and repetative shooter/sports games. ...I hate people, I really do.

I'm not saying these will turn out bad... though I'm not partial to the one with the zombies. Isn't that necrophilia?