The Big Picture: The Big Picture of Boston

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
On the whole "subway actually above ground" thing, don't feel too bad, despite being called "The London Underground", only 45% of the London Underground is actually under ground. I will say that all of it actually uses trains, though.

Hyperactiveman

Oct 26, 2008
It felt weird watching bob talk... And everything felt normal when it went back to... Well normal.

Also this video reminds me of how compared to other cities there is absolutely nothing to do in mine (Adelaide, Australia).

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
very informative. Unfortunately I have no plans on going to America, never mind Boston so I now have new knowledge I will never use

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Hyperactiveman said:
Also this video reminds me of how compared to other cities there is absolutely nothing to do in mine (Adelaide, Australia).
Don't worry, I've got the same feeling (Perth, Australia).

But damn, I've always wanted to go to Boston if I ever went to America and now you've strengthened my conviction.
Might actively start planning and saving to go soon.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
I think this video could have benifitted from a little more "Fahck yaself", "How's ya mutha?", or "Laddi Fahckin' Dah".

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Pppfff, You call that a Leif Eriksson statue

...is a Leif Eriksson statue

Btw, loving the accent there Bob

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Glad to see the Boston Museum of Science listed, especially with the call outs for the omni dome theater, dinosaurs, and VdG generator - all fond memories of my childhood.

I also fondly remember them putting that Big Dig exhibit in, and loudly pronouncing it would be there for the duration of the construction project. I don't believe any of its interactive computer programs worked the last time I was there, and that was years before the Big Dig was actually completed. :D

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Very Funny! :) and informative! Shame I'm so British.

Also is Bob waving his arms around so much as a parody or reference, or just intentionally over-animated?

Capcha: come clean
OH No! Capcha knows my secret!

Stormtyrant

Nov 5, 2011
Figuring out how to use the T seems a doddle compared to London's Tube. Seriously. Naming train lines after the colour you'll use on the map? Amateurs...

KeikakuKat

Feb 10, 2011
So that's what Bob looks like. I was way off. For some reason I pictured him with long hair. Don't ask....

Anyway, it's nice to see him act so jolly in his videos like this. Judging by his Twitter feed, I assumed he was angry and grumpy most of the time. Thanks for the info, Bob!

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Can't attend myself unfortunately. But if anyone wants to pick me up a souvenir Ska band while they're in town I'll gladly pay you back.

jecht35

Jul 2, 2011

there is also the boston opera house. It is always good to see what shows they're performing. And really there are a lot of big events held in boston especailly during the spring and summer time, I would do a quick check of upcoming boston events

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
I remember my visit to Boston, went to the actual 'Cheers' bar. The outside is just like it is on the show. The inside, not so much. Apparently there is a second 'Cheers' that seems to be more restaurant oriented, and all the dishes are named after characters from the show.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
It's pretty cool to see my hometown get it's own episode.

I'm always surprised when I see a picture of Bob. For some reason his voice just gives me a very different image of what he ought to look like. Even when I see him in the video, it almost feels like I'm watching him dubbing over footage of someone else. No idea why.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Is it bad that it took me to the end of the video to realize those were in fact red socks on his shirt?

yunabomb

Nov 29, 2011
I'm so upset over not living in Chestnut Hill anymore right now.

I only really experienced the (hilarious) Green Line when I was there. Transferring from the Green line to the red line at Park Street during the holidays was a freaking nightmare.