The Big Picture: The Devil You Know - Part II

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Reincarnatedwolfgod said:
LordLundar said:
That was pretty entertaining. I may have see more episode of animaniacs.
I vaguely recall seeing animaniacs when I was younger but I don't remember any of it. From what see in that episode humor for adults which should make entertaining to watch some other animaniacs episode.
You have no idea. There is a LOT in that show that had (and still has come to think of it) asking how the hell they got it past the censors. :D

Bbleds

Sep 6, 2011
Trishbot said:
I guess you could argue that since EVIL is most definitely "real", and Satan is the personification of "evil", that Satan is real, even just in a moral, psychological, or implicit sense. If Satan IS evil, and evil does exist, than Satan exists, or at least how the phrasing goes.

Granted, where "evil" originates from is another thing to speculate upon. No man is born hating another, and yet our society is filled with hate. "Satan" is a go-to answer for the "source" of it, a shorthand. Satan, either in actuality or mere concept, is basically akin to "Mother Nature" in terms of what he/it is and represents. Mother Nature may not be "real", but it's simple an anthropomorphism of nature, just as Satan is the anthropomorphism of the concept of evil.

... That's way too high-brow. My brain wants to go back to the child-scarring Hell scene from All Dogs Go To Heaven now.
Sorry, I know you posted this a few days ago, but wanted to try to bend the brain a bit more. Think about how you decided "Satan" is evil. Continuing simple personification, guess we could say "God" is the good of society. When you start thinking that way, things start to get complicated

Just reading the Bible's text verbatim, the OT God was noted commanding the utter destruction of several groups of people and strongly indicates that "holy" law condones slavery. Now all I am saying with that is the common "good" character is shown to be involved in what we easily recognize as evil today. Also, didn't "God" create "Satan"?

Based on that, fun questions to chew on before returning to an adorable german shepherd being tortured again. Does good also contain evil, and vice versa? Pretty standard "yin-yang" theory, but leads to better questions. Did good create evil, or evil produce good? Was it a necessity? If there was never a concept of evil, there would never be concept of good. Then if we assume these produced eachother at the same time, who and how was it decided which one was right and normal?

Now to help with the thoughts of cute dog damnation. Just remember those are Burt Reynold's screams hopefully in atonement for attempting to sing in the movie.

linforcer

Sep 10, 2012
I remember cow and chicken all too well. I had a cow and chicken day planner in elementary school.

Also Bob, I wouldn't mind 5 more episodes of this.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The escapist way want to cosndier taking meatbag & co out of their end montra video. either that or put in some Urealms as well.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Norix596 said:
My favorite fictional satan/devil is Lucifer Neil Gaiman's Sandman - of course the angel kicked out for arrogance would be super-bishi
I've just started reading Sandman I'm on book 4 (skipped book 3 since the guy I'm borrowing them from doesn't own it!) Don't you think when you first meet Satan that he looks like David Bowie?