The Big Picture: The Other Street Fighter

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Ok,the spinning bird-kick was pretty awesome.Other than that it´s cringe-worthy. But i stillhave to find this gem.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
MovieBob said:
The Other Street Fighter

There's one Street Fighter you've probably never seen, but really, really should.

Watch Video
I think it proves a point. When it comes to movies like this, the fans (for whom you're undoubtedly making the movie) aren't looking for you to "grit" it up or make it "realistic." They mostly just want to see their favorite character(s) on the big screen.

This sounds like an excuse to make shit, but really it's not. It means that studios should focus a bit more on making the game-like elements familiar and fun, and not try so hard to shoehorn formulaic story into the process. It's a simple matter of letting the movie emphasize what people loved about the source material, rather than trying to turn it into a "serious" movie. (Hint: Most Street Fighter fans weren't that into the storyline)

Thedark1owns

Sexy Pharaoh Wizard
Feb 7, 2010
As a kid who grew up in a Chinese household. I actually watched this movie as a child. BOOYY did I love it. At the time I didn't understand why didn't just call it street fighter, but I loved it all the same. It was corny, but it had Andy Lau in it so it was an instant classic for me.

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
I gotta see that, also flawless logic. Bison's weakness being completely obliterated. But for him it was tuesday

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Street fighter, super mario AND Dragonball all in the same movie.
Give this movie an academy award!

pheipl

Jun 24, 2010
Who would watch this ? even two decades ago even 3 ... even 6 -_- 100 ? ok 100 would do

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
you can't tell us this exists and not tell us where to see it! that's just cruel! Me and my friends love these things

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
lmao so much wtf in one place! my god i'm not sure if this would be incredibly painful or enjoyable to watch (or both). It couldn't be worse than megashark vs giant octopus though. It was funny until it got old a half hour later and then i couldn't continue watching.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
Another "_____ are weird" episode, lol, this was a good one. I really am more and more impressed with Bob coming up with this kind of stuff that I never even heard of. Thumbs up.

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
Sakurazaki1023 said:
It's like a horrifying fanfic in movie form...

I suddenly have the urge to find I copy of this if only to MST3K the hell out of it

EDIT:

Holy shit, Amazon actually has copies (in VHS of course)
I call dibs on Crow's seat.

Birthe

Apr 26, 2010
This movie really has the most effective way to finish of a villain... they should use that in more horror movies would have spared us from quite a few bad sequences... on the otherhand I mean some of the killers there get shot down several times and still get back up, so I guess even an a-bomb might not stop them

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Okysho said:
this is still the best street fighter tribute ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Psls1ngwM
I disagree, though Jackie Chan is the man. This one is my choice for best tribute ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ZXSzaUIBQ