The Callisto Protocall - No Protocall

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Pretty bummed out, was waiting years for this. Dead Space is one of my favorite games of all time. Reading the reviews it looks like the games problems run too deep to be fixed with patches or tweaks. Its not just buggy, its simply not a good game. While I have a much higher tolerance of anything survival horror, like I literally own every one ever made on any console (pre-shovelware era anyways), Will wait for the $5 bin.
Good news is that the Dead Space Remake looks pretty on point so at least you'll have a reason to revisit and reenjoy the game with a new updated coat of paint.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@CriticalGaming, I found a comment of great importance in that Castle Superbeast video. I got a quote from the commenter right here.
Kapkan't
1 day ago (edited)
So fun fact about Glen Schofield and his relationship with crunch. His previous studio Sledgehammer games was known as probably the worst of the three main CoD studios to work at, Glassdoor and employee interviews described a "brutal" and "unwelcoming" environment where devs were treated poorly by the higher ups at the studio, with some describing it as bullying at times. So any attempts by him to deflect by saying things like "It's just this one time guys no for real honest" are very clearly not true in the slightest. In 2018 Glen and fellow head Michael "don't ask me to balance Advanced Warfare" Condrey left the studio and recent reviews mysteriously talk about heavy improvements to studio culture, with many employees recommending working there suddenly. Funny little coincidence.

Also in a less serious example CoD: WWII's multiplayer magically stopped being the worst thing designed by a human once they left.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Late to the discussion so I'll just say I dodged a bullet because I wasn't really feeling this game it just looked so fucking generic.

Like if Dead Space's setting felt derivative of already famous things like Alien or Doom 3 and what have you.

This is a generic derivative of a derivative. And an example of a problem I have with people desiring spiritual successors to established games that hasn't gotten anything new or is changed direction so much.

If there is this massive demand for a new Dead Space game, make a Dead Space 4 already. Don't make something new if its gonna be so fucking similar to it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
there is this massive demand for a new Dead Space game, make a Dead Space 4 already. Don't make something new if its gonna be so fucking similar to it
But you have a point, the major problem is this: Fucking EA! They're part of the problem of why there isn't a dead space War to begin with, nor would there would have been much reason for it. They should have just stopped at 2, then move on to something else. But you know, the usual need for 🤑 and greed. There's a reason why spiritual successors exist. Not all or winners, but when a good one hits, it hits. Plus, some people just want a fun ass game but of a different flavor, yet familiar in certain circumstances.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"Sold below expectations!" Deja vu!
This came as a surprise only to marketing people, who think that ($budget x $marketing = $sales).

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This came as a surprise only to marketing people, who think that ($budget x $marketing = $sales).
Krafton has the gall to call CP a "AAAA game" and expected to sell 5 million copies shows how idiotic and delusional they are. It's EA all over again, but with a different face. If any other developer or publishers tries the AAAA shit, they're immediately on my fuck you and die list.

Last edited: