The Callisto Protocall - No Protocall

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It is almost like a games budget doesnt automatically mean it will be a good game. Look at Bethesda. They are a bunch of jokers with money. 16x the money even.

Reactions: BrawlMan

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I haven't played the game but I was watching a friend stream his playthrough and I have to say, it feels a bit confused. Like it's half trying to be Dark Souls/Sekiro or something with its emphasis on the baton dodge combat which just looks incredibly unfun and clumsy.

For a game that touts itself(or maybe it was just the fans touting it I'm not sure) as the spiritual successor to Dead Space, it seemed to not have some of the more interesting aspects of the game. Namely the whole plasma cutter + delimbing mechanics, which I would say is the one thing that sets DS aside from other sci fi horror type games.

Game does look REALLY NICE though. I'll give it that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Like it's half trying to be Dark Souls/Sekiro or something with its emphasis on the baton dodge combat which just looks incredibly unfun and clumsy.
Silent Hill Homecoming & RE3 Remake is what you were looking for.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It's what you should have had in the first place. I really don't know what it is with Western AAA developers recently thinking not having a New Game+ is a good idea and add it later in a patch after two or three months.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I want you should have had in the first place. I really don't know what it is with Western AAA developers recently thinking not having a new game plus is a good idea and add it later in a patch after two or three months.
You know what makes a bad game more fun? Playing it again.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
You can make a separate Dead Space Remake thread, if you want at this point. The thread really has no purpose anymore. I highly doubt I'm going to play Callisto. Even at a super discounted price.
I could but I'm not going to really discuss Dead Space much. I'm posting the videos here to sort of compare the difference between two games that are trying to be basically the same thing.

I don't think Dead Space needs a thread because it's Dead Space, and it's still good remade or not.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I could but I'm not going to really discuss Dead Space much. I'm posting the videos here to sort of compare the difference between two games that are trying to be basically the same thing.

I don't think Dead Space needs a thread because it's Dead Space, and it's still good remade or not.
Ok then. What I noticed about the Remake is that they added more content in environments. The entire Ishamura is open ended now and fully explorable. You can backtrack even when you're at a later chapter. So now the game is even more like System Shock. Suck it Yahtzee! They even added new things and more content than the original game. Which means Capcom is going to have to step up theirs. Capcom has a knack for recently cutting things or cutting content out for their recent remakes. Though they cut out unnecessary fluff from the original RE4, I am not going to complain or whine about it too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Ok then. What I noticed about the Remake is that they added more continent environments. The entire Ishamura is open in the now and fully explorable. You can backtrack even when you're at a later chapter. So now the game is even more like System Shock. Suck it Yahtzee! They even added new things and more content than the original game. Which means Capcom is going to have to step up theirs. Capcom has a knack for recently cutting things or cutting content out for their recent remakes. Though they cut out unnecessary fluff from the original RE4, I am not going to complain or whine about it too much.
Apparently there are side quests AND exclusive side quests that only appear in NG+ in Dead Space which is available at launch (gasp imagine that). So yeah it's a great example of what a Remake can be.

However Capcom is odd, like I don't mind if the Remakes are JUST the original game and nothing more. That wouldn't really bother me. But Remaking a game, and cutting content for no reason is dumb.

Either make the game 1 to 1, or ADD to the original. Dead Space and FF7Remake both add to the originals. Don't even @ me about trying to poop on FF7Remake, it adds it doesn't take away, the difference in story is a totally different situation.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
However Capcom is odd, like I don't mind if the Remakes are JUST the original game and nothing more. That wouldn't really bother me. But Remaking a game, and cutting content for no reason is dumb.
They removed the zapping system from RE2 remake in the campaigns function more like they did and RE1 and RE1 Remake. To make up for this, they added some new extra bonus scenarios as free DLC. But battle mode was also removed. Something that was in the original game. RE3 Remake removed the clock tower and made puzzles easier, but I didn't have a problem with this. The water treatment puzzle sucks, and the clock tower just felt like a another version of The Mansion or RPD station. I didn't like how they remove self defense items. If you wanted to nerf them, just nerf them. Outside of boss fights, Nemesis could have been done better. They definitely needed more time in the city. The problem with RE3 remake was the game was rushed. They should have spent a couple more months on it, and added a couple more environments, the game would have been better overall. Another problem with the remake, was that they removed the mercenaries mode. RE3 was the first game to have mercenaries mode. There was no reason to remove this in the remake, nor not given a free DLC. I know covid happened and everything, but they could have waited. What's even more ironic, is that the team for the new Dead Space Remake had way less of a staff and had an even tighter deadline, they were able to pull all this off. For for the irony, RE3 Remake was outsourced to a developer. The developer was Platinum Games. Was explained why the dodge mechanics are so good. RE4 Remake looks like Capcom has got their pack together, and I highly doubt they're going to cut anything major. If they cut some minor fluff, I'm not going to care. We already know mercenaries mode will be there, along with new stuff. It's RE4, they can't afford to screw it up.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
If they cut some minor fluff, I'm not going to care. We already know mercenaries mode will be there, along with new stuff. It's RE4, they can't afford to screw it up.
Can they cut out Ashley screaming "Leon!" Every 5 seconds. That would be nice.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Day One Edition is on sale for $5 at GameStop. It's been like that for the whole week now. Apparently it was pro week. The sale is still on going. Forspoken is 75% off as well for those interested. I went ahead and picked up CP. That's a steal at that price with all of the updates.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The Day One Edition is on sale for $5 at GameStop. It's been like that for the whole week now. Apparently it was pro week. The sale is still on going. Forspoken is 75% off as well for those interested. I went ahead and picked up CP. That's a steal at that price with all of the updates.
Did you finally get a Ps5?

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah. Remember? I got it on my birthday and announced it back in late July. They have CP on a deep sale for the PS5 version. For some reason, the Series X version is only $9.99.
Dunno about the Xbox side, but it was one of the October freebies on ps plus. So it'd be a tough sell when most of the install base just got handed it for free.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dunno about the Xbox side, but it was one of the October freebies on ps plus. So it'd be a tough sell when most of the install base just got handed it for free.
I'm not paying 80 bucks just to play a "free" game on PSN. I know there are shorter months for cheaper pay, but Sony can still screw off for that too. I would still have to pay over 10 something dollars just to play a free game. So the $5 for the day one edition with the actual disc is more appealing. It's only a good deal if you already have PS Plus. If you don't or if you're trying to really save on cash, then the $5 is mor appealing or the $9 on the Xbox version.