The Chinese vaccine MAY not be that effective.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I mean...
That's against the Chinese Government, which isn't a race last I checked, and its not prejudicial, because that's pre-judging, and what I said was just a judgement based on what they're doing, its not discriminatory in any way because Im not denying them anything, and its not antagonistic because its not hostility.
I mean guys seriously, no joke, words have definitions. You're not just supposedly to just use them in a willy nilly haphazard way. Careless use of words does nothing but lower the quality of arguments, and that's where we've come from such usage.

Reactions: Hawki

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
You know what else has a similar degrading effect on the discussion?

Ludicrous, impossible exaggerations.
Sure, I agree. A hundred thousand times higher death toll is currently too high. Definitely less than that. But many times higher than the current "official" count.
But still, calling people various isms or ists? That's cancel culture shit, that's sloppy language.
Yeah my numbers were too high, but my larger point that the CCP is lying about their numbers and ruthlessly enforcing that lie, and don't care about the Chinese people and treat them as disposable and openly lie about treatments? Yeah, that's all true, and its not anti-Chinese or racist to point that out any more than criticizing Israel's foreign policy is anti-Semitic.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Yeah my numbers were too high, but my larger point that the CCP is lying about their numbers and ruthlessly enforcing that lie, and don't care about the Chinese people and treat them as disposable and openly lie about treatments? Yeah, that's all true
Sources: Dude, trust me

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
SInce when is criticizing a government racist?
Well...

Fun fact, book I'm reading now deals a lot with how the CCP operates. Any attack on the CCP is presented as an attack on the Chinese people, as the party "is" the people, so to speak.

Pony's definitely exagerating on death rates, but there's little reason to believe the CCP about anything at this point.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Sources: Dude, trust me
Well, almost. The 4,500 number is transparently unbelievable. And if they cared about protecting life above PR, they wouldn't have rushed through a vaccine with an efficacy only just enough to meet the WHO threshold.

But that said, other aspects of their public health response has almost certainly been miles more effective than the USA's or UK's. They responded quickly and drastically in terms of public policy, and thus avoided the endless national lockdowns in the UK. They provided the full sequenced genome of the virus, which the US and UK failed to make use of in preparation. And it is the USA and UK which have placed corporate profit above safety: pushing to avoid any and all early restrictions so that businesses can continue to operate; refusing to adequately compensate those isolating; handing covid contracts to Conservative Party cronies.

China's government has acted abominably, but the USA has more blood on its hands by almost any reasonable measure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satinavian

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
China-bashing is of course very credible.
Why bring up an irrelevant article? Anyway, not really going to bother at all, SilentPoney clearly exaggerated and you have already shown your pro Chinese Fascism stance in the past.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Why bring up an irrelevant article? Anyway, not really going to bother at all, SilentPoney clearly exaggerated and you have already shown your pro Chinese Fascism stance in the past.
Your heroic defense of the establishment narrative will surely reverberate through history.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Just like your heroic defense of the Chinese establishment narrative, I guess we'll both end up in history books.
By the standards that you've applied to Israel, you don't think that the allegations against China even constitute genocide. Consistency is a little too much for you.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
By the standards that you've applied to Israel, you don't think that the allegations against China even constitute genocide. Consistency is a little too much for you.
I thought I had outlined the differences and why China's policy against Uyghurs was at best a cultural genocide but likely a "genocide" as we commonly understand it (not sure anymore). On the other hand you seem pretty happy with calling and accusing Israel of everything while repeating China's official statements on the Uyghur "Issue". You are applying a clear double standard which consists of continuously giving nations at odds with the US free passes while doing the exact opposite to the US and "Friends". Your entire moral judgement is based on plain and simple anti-Americans. You don't care about genocides, oppression or anything else. You just care about who is doing it.

Reactions: Hawki

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Just got the Chinese vaccine. AMA. If I don't post in a a couple of weeks I'm dead.
When making curried chicken, do you marinade over night, or just the morning of? Also if you could be any Marvel superhero in a stand alone Marvel movie, what model and color would the Toyota pickup truck in scene 4 be?

Reactions: Hawki and Kwak

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
When making curried chicken, do you marinade over night, or just the morning of? Also if you could be any Marvel superhero in a stand alone Marvel movie, what model and color would the Toyota pickup truck in scene 4 be?
Morning of, gunmetal gray.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Aren’t they also discussing boosters for Pfizer over the Delta variant? Seems entirely possible the general mishandling of Coronavirus has led to enough mutated strains that none of the vaccines will be effective long term.

Edit: meaning you’ll have to get more shots, not that you shouldn’t take them, I’m no vaccine skeptic.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Aren’t they also discussing boosters for Pfizer over the Delta variant? Seems entirely possible the general mishandling of Coronavirus has led to enough mutated strains that none of the vaccines will be effective long term.

Edit: meaning you’ll have to get more shots, not that you shouldn’t take them, I’m no vaccine skeptic.
Only like Pfizer is discussing boosters, I wonder why? There's no reason to worry about variants, it's not like previous viruses didn't mutate before.