The Collectable Doodad Commandments

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
moshineko said:
Grey Carter said:
It was a statememt of fact. The fact of the matter is, you're going to ***** about the next strip too. And the one after that. And the one after that. And I am looking forward to it, because your page views = money for me. I don't feed trolls. They feed me.
Hahaha. Nope. Nice try. Been to art school, no matter how you try, your art means more to you than money. Enjoy your Egyptian river, I will imagine the cool side of my pillow to be your dead, broken, artist's heart.

Gratz, by the by, for trying to bypass the facts of the argument. Fact is, there isn't any need to traipse around grabbing every bit of energon or fairydust, or whatever the hell it was in the game. It was tossed around like used tissues on a /b/tard's floor, with plenty enough for each of the actual useful upgrades.

What Enslaved did have in limited, valuable supply, was a decent story and an attempt at character growth. Which I've yet to find in the fanboys' precious Firefly, or any of the Final Fantasy games.

And as for the mad ducats you're no doubt making from the blockbuster success of your groundbreakingly original webcomic, I'm happy to fork over the five cents my pageview nets you, in order to watch your upper lip quiver as you hold back the tears.
So wait your from /b/? That explains the smell. I still don't get why your bitching about another guys art if you have your own art to make. Why don't you just spend your time doing that so you can get better at it. I mean really if you think that he needs to get better then why waste his time by making him read this long pointless comment?

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
moshineko said:
Hahaha. Nope. Nice try. Been to art school, no matter how you try, your art means more to you than money. Enjoy your Egyptian river, I will imagine the cool side of my pillow to be your dead, broken, artist's heart.

Gratz, by the by, for trying to bypass the facts of the argument. Fact is, there isn't any need to traipse around grabbing every bit of energon or fairydust, or whatever the hell it was in the game. It was tossed around like used tissues on a /b/tard's floor, with plenty enough for each of the actual useful upgrades.

What Enslaved did have in limited, valuable supply, was a decent story and an attempt at character growth. Which I've yet to find in the fanboys' precious Firefly, or any of the Final Fantasy games.

And as for the mad ducats you're no doubt making from the blockbuster success of your groundbreakingly original webcomic, I'm happy to fork over the five cents my pageview nets you, in order to watch your upper lip quiver as you hold back the tears.

moshineko

Nov 19, 2009
Sigh. No, I left art school at got a real job. Now I make $25-30/hr for talking to people, don't think about my job when I get home, and enjoy plenty of time at home with my lovely wife and doggies.

I'm bitching about the subject matter, the art I'll leave for another day. "Female sideburns" would be the majority of that critique. But, hell, personal choice and all, "I may not agree... but I will fight to the death to defend it" and all that.

Thanks, though for the ego-boost. I had no idea my personal charisma and mind powers were so immense that I can make people read things I write. If only I could use this awesome skill to make people give me their credit card numbers.

And say what you like about /b/, they can take a little prodding without have to stop and un-knot their panties every five minutes. Make sure to use some baby oil down there so you don't chafe up.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
I dunno about the getting shot in the face thing... just makes it more of a challenge.

This: has to be the hardest-to-get trinket in any game...

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
moshineko said:
Sigh. No, I left art school at got a real job. Now I make $25-30/hr for talking to people, don't think about my job when I get home, and enjoy plenty of time at home with my lovely wife and doggies.

I'm bitching about the subject matter, the art I'll leave for another day. "Female sideburns" would be the majority of that critique. But, hell, personal choice and all, "I may not agree... but I will fight to the death to defend it" and all that.

Thanks, though for the ego-boost. I had no idea my personal charisma and mind powers were so immense that I can make people read things I write. If only I could use this awesome skill to make people give me their credit card numbers.

And say what you like about /b/, they can take a little prodding without have to stop and un-knot their panties every five minutes. Make sure to use some baby oil down there so you don't chafe up.
I have to admit I never thought about using baby oil. Also good job with getting the job (no pun intended). Damn your good, I mean I literally read EVERYTHING you wrote in your comment. Sadly though I don't want to give you my credit card number. It has been fun reading your comments and I hope you get back to your doggies soon.

Eponet

Nov 18, 2009
Grey Carter said:
your page views = money for me.
Do you get paid by the number of actual views (i.e. the same person reading it multiple times), unique IP adresses or something else? If it's the former, does the comments page count as well?

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
moshineko said:
Somehow I doubt one bad troll is going to upset him.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Eponet said:
Grey Carter said:
your page views = money for me.
Do you get paid by the number of actual views (i.e. the same person reading it multiple times), unique IP adresses or something else? If it's the former, does the comments page count as well?
You know, I'm not sure on whether it tracks IPs. *stops mashing the refresh button*

That being said the comments page is not counted I think. In fact I recall one of the admins saying the forums are actually one of the few parts of the site they don't make a profit from. Mainly because so many people are using ad blockers.

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
CitySquirrel said:
God, yes to number 4. I mean, sweet lord...whenever there is a fork in a path I ANGST over which one is the "move the game forward" path and which one is the "only chance to get it" path. So much hate.
mmm, i spend so much time thinking about which path is which, i've been known to start down the doodad path decide it's the story path and backtrack to start down the REAL story path only to realize "this is a much longer path than i expected for my doodad... DAMNIT!"

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
Optimystic said:
coldfrog said:
I never have, and never will, use an FAQ. Once you do that, you're pretty much bound to eliminate any sense of exploration the game might have given you, and to me, that's a large portion of the fun, even if it means I miss the secret crap. I'll probably go back and re-do that level anyway.
You could just use it for that one fork in the road and then go back to playing without assistance.

Besides, if you feel that strongly about it, why does not knowing the way to go bother you? Shouldn't it be fun then?
I know why not knowing the way would bother me, when i reach a fork i try to decide which path leads to extra stuff and which leads to the rest of the story, then i take the path to the extra stuff. But if i take the path to the story i then have to backtrack and replay sections i've ALREADY explored, and exploration is only fun the first time, though that may be just the part of my brain that is VERY good at creating mental maps. I often remember most of the important details.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
Edit: Holy Crap I messed that post up. Let's try this again...
timeadept said:
mmm, i spend so much time thinking about which path is which, i've been known to start down the doodad path decide it's the story path and backtrack to start down the REAL story path only to realize "this is a much longer path than i expected for my doodad... DAMNIT!"

In my post I was going to write about doing the exact same thing but deleted it last minute. I know exactly what you mean... the agony of second guessing.

Substance-E

Sep 28, 2010
Grey Carter said:
We are going to have to work on that 'things you don't care about = things no one cares about' attitude though.
On the interwebs?! Blasphemous!!!

Don't forget doodads that require copious backtracking. God damn is that ever annoying in games...

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
I refused to play this game simply because I knew the game would not let me kill the one who enslaves you. Hilarious stuff.

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
Grey Carter said:
moshineko said:
Grey Carter said:
moshineko said:
I look forward to you telling me how terrible New Vegas was because you missed a Nuka Cola and didn't collect all forty-thousand of them.
That's great! And I look forward to you telling me what I should make strips about.

We are going to have to work on that 'things you don't care about = things no one cares about' attitude though.
Awwwww. Punkins awtist gots his feelins huwt? Well, that's fine, mommy fanwank make it awwww better. Gosh, makes me miss art classes. If you put your work in a media that allows for instant feedback, endeavor to grow a thicker skin, and for christ's sake, don't feed the trolls. Gah.
It was a statememt of fact. The fact of the matter is, you're going to ***** about the next strip too. And the one after that. And the one after that. And I am looking forward to it, because your page views = money for me. I don't feed trolls. They feed me.
Collectible Doodad Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Make a Level A Constant Slide/Fall Downward With Hidden Passages Where It Is Almost Impossible To Get Certain Doodads Or Go Backwards To Get Them Because You Are Constantly Sliding/Falling Down And You Have To Restart The Whole Level To Try Again.

Psychonauts did this with Milla Vodello's brain level. You were rolling on a ball on a steep hill, which was part of a twisty path with hidden passages. Not only was it hard to actually collect doodads, but backtracking to try again was extremely difficult, if not impossible, because trying to roll your ball up the hill was very, very slow. This is not "pass a checkpoint on an identical path." This is "Miss a collectable by an inch and spend 5 minutes backtracking to the same damn ramp to try again or spend 7 minutes restarting the damn level." And there were so damn many collectables for you to get in her brain...