The Complete Bastard's Guide To Journalism

Sqrt(-1)

Jul 12, 2012
kamay said:
The best part of this story now is apparently the alleged crack dealer who has the mystery video has gone MIA. So now gawker is just sitting on a pot of $160,000 for a video that may or may not even exist from a drug dealer who has vanished off the face of the earth. I look forward to the "Rob Ford had him killed" conspiracy theories to pop up. It is days like this this I am glad I live in a 'Sauga

Also..I thought most dealers were on call 24/7? people gotta have their crack!!
My favorite part is the wording. "Our confidence that we can consummate this transaction has diminished."

There seems to be less blood than last time. Is the goat defective? No wonder Satan doesn't want it.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Why do people never sacrifice a cheeseburger, or a bag of chips, or you know, something I can eat without having to cook it?

Also, blood, blood everywhere.
Toothpaste blood; practical purposes? Close to zero. Also, what's Satan's address? I've got half a barn worth of sacrifices to make before I can reach world domination.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
I clicked on the link and that was one of the worst pieces of Journalism I have ever seen.

Kickstarter is not meant to fund gossip sites and give money to dealers, it's to fund projects that would not see the light of day under normal circumstances

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
I just like the fact that Satan is using Apple.

Izanagi009 said:
I clicked on the link and that was one of the worst pieces of Journalism I have ever seen.

Kickstarter is not meant to fund gossip sites and give money to dealers, it's to fund projects that would not see the light of day under normal circumstances
Why was it one of the "worst piece of journalism [you] have ever seen"? It's not like they were promoting the conduct you're talking about.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
"Here, Mr. Crack Dealer, please have two hundred thousand dollars with our compliments."

I just--I don't even--

OfficialJab

Jan 14, 2012
I'm in Hamilton, so I'm safe. I heard about the video and the campaign to raise money for it, I didn't know it was Gawker. I wonder if they'll publicly apologize for that very bad idea.

Also: why the hell did that dealer split? He had a hell of a payday coming.

James Duval

Aug 14, 2012
> Also: why the hell did that dealer split? He had a hell of a payday coming.

He was about to become the most famous crack dealer in the world.

That is not the most secure job title to hold.

Quantum Glass

Mar 19, 2013
OfficialJab said:
I'm in Hamilton, so I'm safe. I heard about the video and the campaign to raise money for it, I didn't know it was Gawker. I wonder if they'll publicly apologize for that very bad idea.

Also: why the hell did that dealer split? He had a hell of a payday coming.
Ever heard the idiom, "Honour among thieves?"

Even drug dealers have depths to which they will not sink.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
1st panel: i love the face the guy has
2nd panel: i felt sorry for the goat
3rd panel: made me question the whole goat sacrificing thing.

so all in all pretty successful

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
You guys are missing the grand karmic point of this whole thing.

The teenage crack dealers will likely end up losing the money in a matter of months, whether to drug busts, misspent bling, or cars. They really won't be gaining all that much in the long run.

The alleged government official on the other hand is a potential pompous hypocrite who built his life through shrewd understanding and manipulation of his finances and social savvy. This man will suffer from such a leak. It'll be like shining a light on a cockroach.

Now, I personally wouldn't dedicate my own money to such a cause, but I applaud anyone willing to.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Well, it's at least relieving to know that Rob Ford's complete and utter clusterfuck of a mayoral term in the city may have largely been attributed to his crack addiction.

I hate Rob Ford.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Quantum Glass said:
I suppose it's to be expected that Satan's a Mac fan. Some things never change...
I would think it would be more fitting if he was just convincing use to partake in Apple products.

Gennadios said:
The teenage crack dealers will likely end up losing the money in a matter of months, whether to drug busts, misspent bling, or cars. They really won't be gaining all that much in the long run.

The alleged government official on the other hand is a potential pompous hypocrite who built his life through shrewd understanding and manipulation of his finances and social savvy. This man will suffer from such a leak. It'll be like shining a light on a cockroach.
Meanwhile, that money could lead to things like, you know, the commission of crimes. Since we're talking crack dealers, almost certainly the commission of crimes. We're not talking about the overall gain, but rather the subsidy of crime.

Meanwhile, the mayor was already suffering from this story without that video.

Anyway, I was mostly posting here because the Gawker thing made me think of a certain song....

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Izanagi009 said:

It's on Indiegogo. Kickstarter only let's Americans and the British use it.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Anyone for this is insane, and not in a good way.
Well, at least Satan seems to want nothing to do with this.

-_- Good lord, help us all....

Edit: Wait a minute. "Another goat"? Are these the same people who inspired the last one of these "Evil Bastards of journalism" comics?

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
AC10 said:
Izanagi009 said:

Thank you for the clarification but it still is a horrible idea and one that ruins the reputation of crowd-funding

DanielG

Jul 16, 2012
RJ 17 said:
OT: Seriously...they're publically announcing they intend to give crack dealers 200K...annnnnnnnd there's absolutely no legal problems with this? I know weed isn't looked on as harshly in Canada as it is in the US, but crack? And if the mayor actually does know these people...can't he have them arrested? Because...you know...they're frickin' crack dealers...
Ah, but they aren't giving them money for crack, the money is to purchase a video. There's nothing illegal about that. If they were giving them the money for crack... they could probably run for mayor.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Izanagi009 said:
AC10 said:
Izanagi009 said:

Thank you for the clarification but it still is a horrible idea and one that ruins the reputation of crowd-funding
Yup! But as someone who lives in southern Ontario and loves Toronto I'd be incredibly eager to see Rob Ford out of office. He is ruining the city.

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
Hi Gawker, nice to meet you. I keep hearing about you and I don't know whether I should punch you or shun you.

Also, I think Satan is bored of your goat sacrifices and wants some variety in life. Maybe next time you can sacrifice your magazine collection or your credit card, Gawker