The Complete Bastard's Guide To Journalism

TheRaggedQueen

Nov 10, 2011
If I remember correctly, the mayor is a colossal douchebag regardless of drug use. But holy christ, what messed up thought process do you have to go through to justify using a kickstarter to -fund- crack dealers, just for some video? I...I just..I don't use this phrase, normally, but WTF.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Izanagi009 said:
I clicked on the link and that was one of the worst pieces of Journalism I have ever seen.

Kickstarter is not meant to fund gossip sites and give money to dealers, it's to fund projects that would not see the light of day under normal circumstances
I think crowd funding crack dealers counts as a project that would not see the light of day under normal circumstances xD

Anyway... Derp. So evil, so stupid, so fucking dangerous. I hope it gets funded to the brim.

For one reason:

"You knowingly gave a crack dealer hundreds of thousands of dollars? Do you have any idea HOW MANY CRIMES WE CAN FUCK YOU FOR?"

Lilith

Mythical Zoan
Jul 9, 2012
Sometimes I just can't comprehend the sheer: 1) stupidity 2) callousness 3)both of these which seems to be the overriding factor in journalism today. The UK has had more than its share of amoral journalists and it seems that those in other countries are just as keen to show they're vile too.

13thforswarn

Jul 11, 2009
Bad idea on Gawker's part, but I really hate Rob Ford. Hopefully this debacle will finally get that shitty mayor booted out of office. He's a disgrace to the city of Toronto.

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
Lilith said:
Sometimes I just can't comprehend the sheer: 1) stupidity 2) callousness 3)both of these which seems to be the overriding factor in journalism today. The UK has had more than its share of amoral journalists and it seems that those in other countries are just as keen to show they're vile too.
That's because that's the only sort of journalism that sells newspapers and gets page views these days. You can help change that by buying newspapers (if you still read them) and visiting websites that uphold journalistic standards; and boycotting those that don't.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Mr F. said:
Izanagi009 said:
I clicked on the link and that was one of the worst pieces of Journalism I have ever seen.

Kickstarter is not meant to fund gossip sites and give money to dealers, it's to fund projects that would not see the light of day under normal circumstances
I think crowd funding crack dealers counts as a project that would not see the light of day under normal circumstances xD

Anyway... Derp. So evil, so stupid, so fucking dangerous. I hope it gets funded to the brim.

For one reason:

"You knowingly gave a crack dealer hundreds of thousands of dollars? Do you have any idea HOW MANY CRIMES WE CAN FUCK YOU FOR?"
Yep, this could bite them on the ass in the future

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
NearLifeExperience said:
*meant to merge these but whatevs*

How can not anyone at that magazine think "hey wait a tick! this is completely warped!" Why do people get their knickers in a twist over their major's drug using past, but are totally a-okay with a magazine funding the very same drug dealers that claim to have supplied the major? This just doesn't add up!
But that's the thing isn't it? Gawker isn't funding it. It's the 3,000+ people who have contributed money that is.