EXos

Nov 24, 2009
Saulkar said:
EXos said:
Saulkar said:
EXos said:
snpper
-snipest-
I am not quite sure what you mean here. Are you implying that the RAM will be so fast that larger VRAM banks will not be necessary due to faster streaming of data on and off the card, in which case this will not work for me as no GPU rendering software I know of is capable of streaming data on and off a card while rendering (besides the render output itself)? If you run out of VRAM while rendering then it just crashes, it is a limitation of the GPU architecture. Or are you implying that the VRAM banks of the next generation are going to be so large that I need not worry about the next Titan 6 months after the consumer level cards are released?
Sorry was thinking in the term of gaming. The memory will be faster meaning that for gaming you don't need more Ram as it will just be processed faster.
However the density of the new Ram is higher so we'll probably see that increase too (Also because of 4K and VR coming up) on the higher end cards. But as an example the new 390x will probably beat the new Titan on games. But for rendering 12Gigs of Vram will be extremely nice.

I actually have no idea what they will do... Time will tell.

thedarkfreak

Apr 7, 2011
The Rogue Wolf said:
My understanding was that the Titan was a card meant for 3D rendering work, not gaming. It's just that too many PC enthusiasts think "more expensive card" = "more FPS in my games"; and nVidia's marketing department hasn't gone to any real trouble to tell them otherwise.

Anything under the GeForce/GTX brand tends to be marketed for gaming purposes. nVidia has complete other lines that they market for design work, like the Quadro series.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
vallorn said:
PunkRex said:
... and yet I'm still attracted to Erin.
welp... No time like the present to post what I found on the internet.

I do approve of the sizes though. However you seem to be missing out on the giant, burning hot behemoth that Radeon cards tend to become... shortly before melting and collapsing under their own mass into singularities... hmm...
Aaaaaaaaand saved.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
thedarkfreak said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
My understanding was that the Titan was a card meant for 3D rendering work, not gaming. It's just that too many PC enthusiasts think "more expensive card" = "more FPS in my games"; and nVidia's marketing department hasn't gone to any real trouble to tell them otherwise.

Anything under the GeForce/GTX brand tends to be marketed for gaming purposes. nVidia has complete other lines that they market for design work, like the Quadro series.
While true for real-time work the Quadro cards are actually inferior to the Geforce line in terms of CUDA performance for 3D GPU accelerated rendering itself. While the Teslas are marginally superior their much higher price cannot be justified given that Double-Precision is where the cards shine and does absolutely nothing to improve GPU rendering (in many cases even slows it down) in any-way outside of the fields scientific and industrial visualization.

Oct 10, 2011
I'm sad that I can't find the uncensored version on twitter... although that's probably because I don't use twitter and it's very confusing to me.

Halp?

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
username sucks said:
I'm sad that I can't find the uncensored version on twitter... although that's probably because I don't use twitter and it's very confusing to me.

Halp?
Scroll up to post number 51 on this page.

sexy=sexist

Sep 27, 2014
So you think this will be the next Dickwolves?
It has all the hallmarks but maybe it is just the right amount of vague about the rape context even as it shows school girls running away.

Looking forward to how this plays out.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
sexy=sexist said:
So you think this will be the next Dickwolves?
It has all the hallmarks but maybe it is just the right amount of vague about the rape context even as it shows school girls running away.

Looking forward to how this plays out.
I wish. Controversy like that would bring in a ton of readers.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
I'm going to get all geek and just say that quad sli is not a tentacle monster, in fact in many instances you can actually get negative scaling with a fourth card, meaning less frames per second with four cards instead of three.

Even a third card does not provide nearly the same scaling as a second. That is why Crossfire or SLI are generally best with two cards, at least in terms of efficiency.

Def25 said:
Pretty much everything over x70 is overkill.
Depends on what games you play and at what resolution. If you are trying to drive a 144hz 2560x1440 display then a 970 will just not cut it, not by a long shot.