The death of a bully

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Not at all. At least now the torment can end, rather than him becoming famous like the self proclaimed bully David Schwimmer.

DeathChairOfHell

Dec 31, 2009
well if you didn't like him i can't really understand why you should be sad. i'm not saying you should be happy, but shocked is probably the right reaction.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Furburt said:
Nope, you're not horrible. Good on you for at least being honest.
^This. I think it's more terrible to be unrepentantly fake, and feign a sadness that isn't authentic in the least (probably, a cheap chance to appear more 'noble' to others). I wouldn't be surprised if a few of your classmates fall into this category...

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I think the only reason anyone else is showing sadness is because they dont want to be "that person" either. Personally, I would probably try to hold back dying from my immense laughter.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Nothing wrong with not being sad over the death of someone who's been an asshole to everyone. Just because they're dead doesn't mean their past actions suddenly don't matter anymore. If you disliked a person their death doesn't change that and you're not obliged in any way to feel sad about the passing away of someone who you have had a hostile relationship with.

Edit: That's just my opinion.

Tagball

Super Sexy Short Stuff
Nov 25, 2009
Well, a kid at my school blew off his whole hand with a frackin' homemade bomb. This kid was a prick to me since Day One...since the beginning of eternity...and I didn't feel a damn thing. I was actually slightly happy. However, I did get to see the gory details of his hand during lunch, and after feeling the sudden urge to vomit, I found his mutilated hand to be kind of cool....plus the useless fingers that dangled off said hand.

Bottom line: You're not a creepy monster guy for feeling that way. It's very rare when something horrible happens to a butthole.

Nicolefranklin

Jul 19, 2009
Thank you, people of the Escapist. I knew this was the right place to turn.
Even though I was never sad to begin with, I still started questioning myself to a degree, that I wasn't really comfortable with.
It's comforting to see so many with the same feelings and ideals, and I think I'll be able to sleep tonight without hating myself too much. :)
Thanks guys!

Ren3004

In an unsuspicious cabin
Jul 22, 2009
Well, like most people said, I don't think there's anything wrong with not feeling sad about it. I probably wouldn't if I found out that a guy who picked on me in school had died... And I don't really have any problems now, but if one of those still gave me a hard time these days, I'd probably even feel relieved for not having to stand it anymore.

cptawesome

Nov 2, 2009
Well, if he never had any positive impact on your life, it's not necessarily wrong to not feel remorse. If you were happy about his death, that might be just a bit different, but you don't have to feel anything.

major28

Feb 25, 2010
i too had a school bully and about 2 years ago i saw his corpse and felt nothing he had a been stabbed in the neck and he either died from bleeding to death or from sufficating from his air way being cut and as i looked at him i thought the same thing as u am i a bad person bc i am not upset about my tormentors death but i shrugged it off and started cleaning my butchers knife

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
i would say dance on his grave....but that would be rude
[small] u could still do it if u wanted too [/small]

Bosola

Mar 6, 2010
ITT: Being a bit of a prick becomes a capital offence.

I mean, honestly, feeling nothing is fine, but celebrating? Have we really become so self-centered and childish that, on having the piss taken out of us, we'll explode into joy far sooner than we exhibit a bit of self-restraint and act appropriately? Christ.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
You're not horrible for not feeling anything.

[sub][sub]You're horrible for killing him![/sub][/sub]
AHAHAHAHA. You made my day, Onyx :p

OT: No. Frankly, that's a normal reaction. As to your question, I would be pretty chuffed. Those guys made my life hell and almost made me end it. The whole 'Oh, you're sinking to their level' argument is bullshit. This is about release from hell, rather than tormenting somebody without the self-confidence to go a day without purposely making themselves throw up so they can escape you for a few more hours.

FoiL

Aug 7, 2009
When people die they're suddenly treated like saints, which is obviously wrong. At least you have the decency to say "yep, don't really give a crap".