The Defending Joe Biden Mega-Thread

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Why the fuck should we give Biden an millilitre of credit?

Biden - or strictly, the USA at large because it'd be the same no matter who were running it - is perfectly happy for Israel to exploit, brutalise and oppress the Palestinians. The sole problem Biden has with it is that when Israel's a bit too excessive, it makes Israel, the USA and him look bad.

In essence, Biden is spending US money on an aid campaign to facilitate Israel's ability to continue oppressing the Palestinians. And thus the absurdity that the USA is flinging huge quantities of money at empowering Israel to oppress Palestinians, and then flinging significant quantities of money at the Palestinians to counteract the adverse effects of the USA empowering Israel to oppress Palestinians. The whole concept of trying to prevent Israel oppressing the Palestinians isn't anywhere in their thought space.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
and then flinging significant quantities of money at the Palestinians to counteract the adverse effects of the USA empowering Israel to oppress Palestinians.
adverse effects being the public relations impact, not anything of material interest to the Palestinians-- which is why it's a grossly inefficient construction of a pier that can be presented as a distinct effort rather than just pressuring Israel to open up the crossings to trucks that have been waiting this entire time.

also why it was air drops. flashier.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
That's a good start but I'm curious, is there a reason they're using a temporary pier instead of just using trucks to drive aid in? That feels like it would be way more effective. Has anyone called Biden about that cause I bet he'd love to have multiple ways to get aid into Gaza since he cares so much for the people there.
IIRC, there was some speculation that having to drive trucks past the IDF was a risky proposition.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
IIRC, there was some speculation that having to drive trucks past the IDF was a risky proposition.
Yes, I am being what is known in The Posting World as "being a lil stinker" where I am asking a question we already know the answer to (Israeli citizens and The IDF keep blocking the trucks and/or attacking the drivers so the aid can't get through) but I want the other person to answer it anyway to see if they would be willing to admit that Biden created an incredibly bad and inconvenient way to deliver aid over a far more efficient and effective way but is unable to use it because his allies are stopping it from happening.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yes, I am being what is known in The Posting World as "being a lil stinker" where I am asking a question we already know the answer to (Israeli citizens and The IDF keep blocking the trucks and/or attacking the drivers so the aid can't get through) but I want the other person to answer it anyway to see if they would be willing to admit that Biden created an incredibly bad and inconvenient way to deliver aid over a far more efficient and effective way but is unable to use it because his allies are stopping it from happening.
Ah, ok, missed that. In my defence, I daresay there's other dodgy reasons he could have done this, the pier building company might have wanted some government funding, for instance, or it allows for a long unfortunate delay in getting anything done.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Ah, ok, missed that. In my defence, I daresay there's other dodgy reasons he could have done this, the pier building company might have wanted some government funding, for instance, or it allows for a long unfortunate delay in getting anything done.
I mean, it wouldn't shock me if that was also happening because there's no use in letting a lil genocide get in the way of finding a way to make a buck

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

No he didn’t he likely stated that the republicans will succeed in defunding the UN and thus UN food aid if Palestine is a member state. This video makes it look like Blinken is a Bond villain.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

Politifact suggests the real number could be 44 % depending on how you count, but nonetheless I think this is a good result of a reasonable policy.

Reactions: gorfias

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
No he didn’t he likely stated that the republicans will succeed in defunding the UN and thus UN food aid if Palestine is a member state. This video makes it look like Blinken is a Bond villain.
It would be a mark of the USA's insanity if it were prepared to burn down the global order it spent decades creating in the name of one, small, middle eastern country.

I actually think the world should call its bluff. Because if the USA really wants to torpedo the UN (or lots of its operations), I suspect that's going to be a massive gift to its major geopolitical opponents.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA

Politifact suggests the real number could be 44 % depending on how you count, but nonetheless I think this is a good result of a reasonable policy.
Found this fact check:

"By those numbers, The White House said, Black child poverty fell from 17.2% in 2020 to 8.3% in 2021. That amounts to a 52% drop — what the White House described as "the largest reduction in history" that achieved "by far the lowest rate in history."

The drop from 2019, it said, was 60%."

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

Libs were super pissed about Trump threatening to do this. It'll be fun to get that same exact energy towards Biden, right? Right Libs?!?!

What are your thoughts on this Joe?

Interesting...interesting...

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Libs were super pissed about Trump doing this (The Muslim Ban). It'll be fun to get that same exact energy towards Biden, right? Right Libs?!?!
Counterpoint even liberals like Jon Strewart are in agreement with this. If you want more immigration get the Gen X, and Baby Boomer selfish twats in Boston, LA, New York City, and San Francisco to build more housing and infrastructure. Fucking NIMBYs.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Counterpoint even liberals like Jon Strewart are in agreement with this. If you want more immigration get the Gen X, and Baby Boomer selfish twats in Boston, LA, New York City, and San Francisco to build more housing and infrastructure. Fucking NIMBYs.
Yes, Shitlibs like Jon Stewart are on board with this because they're shitlibs. The #VBNMW crowd loves when the people in power do shitty things as long as THEIR team is the one that does the shitty things. You fucks would be screaming from the top of your fucking lungs if Trump did this but it's Biden so you're cheering him on.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yes, Shitlibs like Jon Stewart are on board with this because they're shitlibs. The #VBNMW crowd loves when the people in power do shitty things as long as THEIR team is the one that does the shitty things. You fucks would be screaming from the top of your fucking lungs if Trump did this but it's Biden so you're cheering him on.
I am not a social liberal, those people believe in ESG, feminism, and shareholder capitalism. I am a political realist. I have mixed social views and progressive economic views. Also, there was that one time I voted for Mike Dewine, and I would have voted for Bush Sr over peace dividend Clinton.

Edit: Also the AMLO cartel woman president is agreeing to the border restrictions.

Mexican Head of State: Claudia Sheinbaum

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
You fucks would be screaming from the top of your fucking lungs if Trump did this but it's Biden so you're cheering him on.
Now apply this to literally everything and you get a clear picture of reality.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

why would anyone give credit for this when he then deliberately rolled back the policy?