The Defending Joe Biden Mega-Thread

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Got a source on that?
Not quite a source on that exact statement, but here.

The expanded Child Tax Credit expired in January 2022. When the Build Back Better Act was in negotiation, Joe Manchin said he would not support it unless the CTC element included a stipulation that recipients be working. It ended up being removed from the bill.

A lot of people have accused Biden of retreating too easily, being too willing to drop it, or using the Manchin vote as an excuse to do so. And TBH their scepticism is pretty justified.

Biden has however included a reinstatement of the CTC expansion in his 2025 budget.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I am not a social liberal, those people believe in ESG, feminism, and shareholder capitalism. I am a political realist. I have mixed social views and progressive economic views. Also, there was that one time I voted for Mike Dewine, and I would have voted for Bush Sr over peace dividend Clinton.

Edit: Also the AMLO cartel woman president is agreeing to the border restrictions.

Mexican Head of State: Claudia Sheinbaum
Well no wonder you like Joe Biden. You like Republicans and what they do so it absolutely makes sense that you would like Joe Biden.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Well no wonder you like Joe Biden. You like Republicans and what they do so it absolutely makes sense that you would like Joe Biden.
Yes, many republicans love abortion and universal healthcare.
/S

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Biden is (apparently) to your right on both of those issues.
So are the majority of Democrats in state and federal legislatures. Same people who say they support either when the cameras and mics are on, are the same ones whipping votes against them and making sure bills die in committee.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

No Yellen is a nationalist who is against the tax being globally distributed, Which is kinda ruthless, and what I love about Biden. If US billionaires were taxed at 15% then 100% or close to it was given to the US she would agree.