The Downfall of Downfall on YouTube

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
I think that it stopped being funny, but I still don't like the fact that they're removing it just out of principle. The excessive use of DMCA to remove content that should be protected by fair use exemption is a loophole that needs to be closed. I was hoping that the 2008 case where a McCain campaign ad got DMCA'd would have gotten Washington's attention.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Downfall Parody's of this comeing in 3...2...

Seriously, why would they want to pull the plug on this stuff, it's not like it's causeing them to loose money.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I was actually gonna get around to picking up Downfall on DVD after seeing the parody videos, but I suddenly don't feel like supporting Constantin Film with my money.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I saw the Hitler reactions to PS3 backwards Compatability being pulled. When I saw that scene, I was in stitches! I also wanted to see Downfall cause that scene looked TENSE! I saw the movie and loved it! I'd have never rented it if it weren't for the parodies. BAD movie company for frowning on free publicity! BAD!

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I just have watched the iPad one and i thought it was brilliant, i didn't know it was part of a meme i thought it was all original.

*search for it and finds out it was removed* :(

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
"The copyright claim may be valid"

Nope. Parody is covered under fair use, they don't have any legitimate legal ground to stand on. Youtube's complacency on the issue of copyright claims is the only reason they've been successful thus far.

Philoskepsis

Dec 19, 2009
If these were parodies they would be protected under fair use laws, but the Downfall videos would probably be described as satire since they are used to poke fun at other cultural events rather than the movie Downfall itself.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
It's total of what five minutes out of the movie? Even factoring in the other scenes that are parodied, it can't be more than ten minutes. So they're denying people seeing a trailer. Stupid. I'm actually sad that people won't see this awesome movie, moreso than the loss of funny. I'm one of the few who saw it soon after it came out(I was talking to a German about WWII and she recommended it), and even then that scene stood out.
That scene where Goebbel's wife puts the kids to bed is one of the most evil scenes I've ever seen on film, more chilling than any chainsaw maniac or chestburster because that shit fucking happened.

For me, it was a more powerful movie than Schindler's List or The Pianist, because you are seeing what the people responsible for it all were like- and they were just regular people (except Goebbels, he was a monster), which to me is scarier. It means that Apocalypse is possible without an Antichrist.

Are they angry people are making fun of Hitler?

And my favorite is the one where he finds out he's got VD.

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
So stupid. The only reason I (hell, anyone I know) have even heard of this movie is because of these parodies. Bad move, bad move.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
blindthrall said:
It's total of what five minutes out of the movie? Even factoring in the other scenes that are parodied, it can't be more than ten minutes. So they're denying people seeing a trailer. Stupid. I'm actually sad that people won't see this awesome movie, moreso than the loss of funny. I'm one of the few who saw it soon after it came out(I was talking to a German about WWII and she recommended it), and even then that scene stood out.
That scene where Goebbel's wife puts the kids to bed is one of the most evil scenes I've ever seen on film, more chilling than any chainsaw maniac or chestburster because that shit fucking happened.

For me, it was a more powerful movie than Schindler's List or The Pianist, because you are seeing what the people responsible for it all were like- and they were just regular people (except Goebbels, he was a monster), which to me is scarier. It means that Apocalypse is possible without an Antichrist.
Definitely. One of the best films I've seen. Rented it on a whim from Blockbuster when I was trying to get the "rent 2 rent 1 free" deal or something. Everything was so powerful. And then I started seeing these videos pop up. It was funny at first, but I have to admit, they've been getting kind of old. I'm very worried for the people that think Hitler is actually saying what is written under him... It's like the "Angry German Kid" that was shown once. My friends thought he was screaming about Maple Story. Me, being able to speak German, told them no, but they wouldn't believe it.

Still, even the director liked them? That's pretty cool!

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Youtube should man the fuck up, grow some balls, and tell all these whiney corporate types to fuck right off.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
So Constantin Films is destroying work that contains information that is different to what they want people to see?

Does this remind you of anything?