The Downfall of Downfall on YouTube

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
mjc0961 said:
Good, I say. None of those videos were ever funny. Kudos to the owners of the actual film for helping to pull some of the unfunny trash off YouTube. The more of that crap that gets deleted, the easier it will be to find quality videos.
Yes, your personal taste is obviously the deciding factor in what should and shouldn't be banned. How ironically appropriate that this is a thread about Hitler.

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
I am German hence I am unable to find these videos funny. i have also seen the entire movie (Who of the people who did these videos did this in fact?) and therefore I see little but a well-acted and dramatic scene.

Adding subtitles doesn't change the experience for me and for that reason I could not care less.

OrdinaryGuy

Oct 19, 2009
Someone should make a Downfall parody of this. Where the guy tells Hitler that all Downfall videos are being removed from YouTube due to copyright issues.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Damnit! Those Hitler parodies have satisfied me many a boring evening! They are truly amazing. Though the Hannah Montana one, I was really expecting a rant.. but Hitler wanting to be a Pop Queen.. Oh god.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Asehujiko said:
Yes, your personal taste is obviously the deciding factor in what should and shouldn't be banned. How ironically appropriate that this is a thread about Hitler.
I didn't say that it should be banned because I don't like them. I said I'm glad they are being pulled because I don't like them. Next time, read what is written instead of making things up. ;)
I'll go edit it so nobody can make any further mistakes on my thoughts.

Downfall89

Aug 26, 2009
I only know about Downfall from the Hitler clips. Why the company would want to remove them is fairly stupid in my opinion, but fair enough I guess.

P.S Is Downfall a good movie? I might watch it.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Trivun said:
What? They're banning those videos? That's the worst thing to happen to Youtube since they stopped allowing music videos to be shown in Europe! I think the Downfall parodies have actually done wonders for the film, I only heard about the film through the parodies myself. They've effectively brought the film itself a massive legion of fans, and are one of the best things to be on Youtube in a long time. I think Constantin are making a massive mistake, personally...
Fix'd

greasedweasel

Jul 28, 2009
Shame. My favourite (which probably won't make much sense to most people outside the UK) was "Hitler's BNP membership gets leaked".

"The neighbours are going to find out, aren't they? ... They'll think I'm some sort of Nazi."

Inspired.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
Trivun said:
What? They're banning those videos? That's the worst thing to happen to Youtube since they stopped allowing music videos to be shown in the UK! I think the Downfall parodies have actually done wonders for the film, I only heard about the film through the parodies myself. They've effectively brought the film itself a massive legion of fans, and are one of the best things to be on Youtube in a long time. I think Constantin are making a massive mistake, personally...
They did? How come I can still watch music videos though?

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
That's extremely stupid. I can find no words for it.
Except it's very bad publicity (for two weeks, than everyone forgets it).

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Viral advertising that arises without you even paying for it is basicly like people deciding they want to empty their wallets into your house whenever you open a window.

Why are they complaining about free money? If they dislike the downfall profits I wouldn't mind them sending it to me, and I'm sure there's a couple of african kids that wouldn't mind either.

Mumblesbot

Apr 20, 2010
Only Nazis would want those videos taken off youtube. The people who made the movie should have realized a lot of nerds actually watched the film because of the internet sensation. Fools.