The Dragon Age 2 Preorder Bonus Cavalcade Continues

thethain

Jul 23, 2010
I have lost a lot of interest in this game since the whole "No steam Sig edition" Just feels underhanded.

Also since it will no longer actually have any direct tie to the previous game, that also detracts for me a lot.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
seditary said:
spectrenihlus said:
As I said before I will wait for the compilation game of the year edition that will inevitably have all the dlc and buy that when it comes out. I learned my lesson from Dragon Age Origins.

I will still buy Mass Effect 3 on release day though.
I wonder how many other people are like this, I know I am.
It's funny because of everyone thought this way Dragon Age 2 would flop and there wouldn't be a compilation version.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
obscurumlux01 said:
Its NOT 'FREE' if you PAID for it already!.

Removing content from the final product (hence day zero/one 'DLC') is an absurdity that I can't believe people tolerate.
This isn't a 'pre-order bonus' thing. Its not 'free' stuff. You already paid for it and its just locked away/removed from the final disk so they could do their promotional stuff.

You're all paying for 'mods' that used to be free!
Glad to see some common sense. Pre-order "bonuses" are ripoffs that try to lock people into early purchases, before reviews can come in. All they're doing is screwing over people who do not have limitless budgets and want to see what they'll actually be getting.

I've gotten to the point where I refuse to buy most games within at least 10 months of release, since that is usually the time it takes before 'GOTY' editions are announced... with all the DLC and usually other "bonuses" (=content locked behind a paygate) included for the same price -- or less -- of the original.

HanselGreta

Professional Lurker
Oct 28, 2010
James Raynor said:
Just hope this is extra content and not just content that's cut to pander to project ten dollar.
This. Is there a limit to the greed of those publishers? I think that it kills the industry as games are not published when the devs says its ready but when finances/CEO of a big company say so..

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
sir.rutthed said:
Anyone else getting kinda nervous about all this preorder bonus business?
You're not alone. It's common nowadays to throw out a limited or special edition together with the regular version which, of course, boosts sales. But in contrast to i.e. the 'Assassin's Creed' Special Editions (where you know what gameplay you get), 'Dragon Age 2' marks a departure of what worked perfectly well in the first one. It's appropriate to be a sceptic, escpecially now that EA throws out stuff over stuff for free.

Seems a bit like "See, people loved how we changed everything!" and if this is the case EA can rightfully say gamers accept everything as long as you take two minutes to program an exclusive helmet.

IAmTheVoid

Apr 26, 2009
Obviously incentives are needed for people to pre-order, but I don't like having extra items. I feel like I'm cheating a little bit, and when I have those items in my inventory... can't help but use them! I got the Fallout: New Vegas pre-order goodies with Steam, and the Caravan Shotgun and Lightweight Leather Armour made the early game ridiculously easy.

Maybe I'm being too judgemental. Having it on Steam will be a boon, so once my student loan comes through, ironically some of it will be going to the product which might kill my education stone dead. ;)

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I'm interested by this game, but not enough to preorder it. Probably gonna wait for some reviews to come in. I mean, I enjoys Origins, but don't know whether this game will have fixed the gripes I had with it or replaced them with new ones.

ZeppMan217

Apr 13, 2010
Previous experience with ME2 (i.e. "We won't cut off anything related to the story!") and appearance of Shadow Broker DLC and uncovering of voice recordings from Shadow Broker DLC in game's original files made me a BW hater.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Omnific One said:
Ah, a Bio-boy. Fun.

Helpful hint: I couldn't care less about the lack of a few crappy pieces of preorder armor. I know they would definitely prefer it if I bought it new, hence why I am buying it used.

Therefore, this point:

Oh wait, BioWare don't care since they aren't actually getting a cut for trade-in resales, hence the policy.
doesn't make sense as they DO care if I buy it new versus used. If they didn't why would there be Project Ten Dollar?
Well yes, but if you are hell-bent on it then you are basically taking from them, so why should they care what you do or don't get? 0% goes to a dev on any trade-in so any dev you like gets less, makes less and produces less. It's like shooting the cows on a farm THEN milking them.

ZeppMan217

Apr 13, 2010
manythings said:
Omnific One said:
Ah, a Bio-boy. Fun.

Helpful hint: I couldn't care less about the lack of a few crappy pieces of preorder armor. I know they would definitely prefer it if I bought it new, hence why I am buying it used.

Therefore, this point:

Oh wait, BioWare don't care since they aren't actually getting a cut for trade-in resales, hence the policy.
doesn't make sense as they DO care if I buy it new versus used. If they didn't why would there be Project Ten Dollar?
Well yes, but if you are hell-bent on it then you are basically taking from them, so why should they care what you do or don't get? 0% goes to a dev on any trade-in so any dev you like gets less, makes less and produces less. It's like shooting the cows on a farm THEN milking them.
What if your cows are suffering from rabies?

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
ZeppMan217 said:
manythings said:
Omnific One said:
Ah, a Bio-boy. Fun.

Therefore, this point:

Then i would have you arrested for trying to sell contaminated milk... and wonder how cows got rabies in the first place.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
sir.rutthed said:
Anyone else getting kinda nervous about all this preorder bonus business? I mean, it almost seems like they're trying to cash in on the hype for fear that it's a terrible game and won't sell well. I hope I'm over analyzing this, but that's the impression I'm getting.
i agree, its for this reason i only like buying a game if theres a demo, or if i have a chance to play it before hand, like round a friends house.

so once again, publishers are trying to squeeze out as much juice from a game, woohoo :/

ZeppMan217

Apr 13, 2010
manythings said:
ZeppMan217 said:
manythings said:
Omnific One said:
Ah, a Bio-boy. Fun.

Therefore, this point:

Then i would have you arrested for trying to sell contaminated milk... and wonder how cows got rabies in the first place.
So you'd punch EA for selling BW's milk? I mean, games.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
ZeppMan217 said:
What's wrong with it? Is it the fault of the staff at BioWare that they want to be paid for their work? Why should what they make be given away or worse be sold by another party without them recieving any of the proceeds?

ZeppMan217

Apr 13, 2010
manythings said:
ZeppMan217 said:
What's wrong with it? Is it the fault of the staff at BioWare that they want to be paid for their work? Why should what they make be given away or worse be sold by another party without them recieving any of the proceeds?
...Say, do you like CoD: MW2?

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
ZeppMan217 said:
manythings said:
ZeppMan217 said:
...Say, do you like CoD: MW2?
I don't even know if I've played it. FPS's don't offer the replayability I like and I've gotten sick of "Grizzle T. McGrizzlington's never ending Surly Military Gun Man adventures".