The Dragon Age 2 Preorder Bonus Cavalcade Continues

Sep 14, 2009
Omnific One said:
gmaverick019 said:
Omnific One said:
I'm wondering if all the free stuff is to get people to preorder before they find out how bad it is. Just a thought.

On a side note, I'm buying this game used to protest the amount of content they are cutting for Day 1 DLC for peorders only. It's ridiculous.
DO you realize that it won't make a single difference to bioware?

their pre-orders are obviously pretty buffed up by now, and your used sale doesn't make a difference to them in the long run, therefore what your doing is proving that what THEY are doing are doing it for the exact reason that you are boycotting. And obviously your going to have to wait around like a hawk to find the person who trades it in used.

I seriously don't see what is so wrong for a company trying to get paid for their work, and this is just one more incentive for them to try and knock people out of buying used, and if you don't buy used then hey, full game for you then just like was intended from the start, if you buy used, well, you don't get that certain % of the game.
No, I would have bought the game new normally. I have no issue with them restricting content for new games, but preorders just forces people to blindly buy something without seeing reviews. It's incredibly underhanded to make the bonus content so much when I would have bought the game for $60 anyway, just after it came out.
i can agree that its alot for pre order bonus's, it should have been restricted to new game purchases if anything.

there are numerous reasons why this could be happening though (pre-order estimates, EA, etc..)
so I'm not going to act like I know what I'm talking about on that part.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
OR we could release the entire game on the disc and work on DLC later! Great. I hate dishing out microsoft points. First the new combat style that looks like hacka nd slash, now this? You're losing some of those blind rooster brownie points you've been collecting over the years on this one, bioware. Gah, I'll go pre-order now.

Korihor

Free Thinker
Dec 9, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
As I said before I will wait for the compilation game of the year edition that will inevitably have all the dlc and buy that when it comes out. I learned my lesson from Dragon Age Origins.

I will still buy Mass Effect 3 on release day though.
Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition has DLC which will never be available to the public again. This is more than a just few items however as was the case in DA:O. It includes a Marbari Hound, a crafting store and a magical item store. And this is just what they have released so far that are only available to preorders. Getting Dragon Age 2 March 9 is alot lot like getting it used.
I bought my Signature Edition for this reason. For those who did not there is always Ebay to get your Signature Edition. I guarantee many who find out how much you will never get back by not owning a Signature Edition copy will eventually cave in.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Linda Woodbury said:
Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition has DLC which will never be available to the public again.
Doubtful. It will be in the eventual GOTY release -- and if not, (PC) modders will unlock the paygate for these items within a few days anyway. Only the console players will be locked out of game content which will likely be on their disc.

Missing SHODAN

Jun 9, 2010
Not pre-ordering this one. I'll wait for when they bundle DA2, DA2: The XPack, and DA2: DLC into the super awesome digital pack and then I'll be all over it.