The Earth Fleet needs your help with naming!

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
The Dauntless.

See it has subtext. Exploration and discovery require courage, the unknown is scary. To be Dauntless is to be unafraid of any challenge no matter how hard, it would represent our ability "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield". The second one could be called the Ulysses. They need to represent our ability to be more than ourselves and to push every frontier. So I vote Dauntless and Ulysses. Imperator, Oberon and Furious Abyss are also pretty damn cool but less meaningful.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Ryotknife said:
Eddie the head said:
Ryotknife said:
Greek or Norse mythology.

Odin, Hydra, Levianathan, valkyrie.

.....final fantasy characters?
Leviathan is form the bible. Fun little fact.

On topic I say Band Mascots. That is the only true and just way. What are you talking about I am not biased at all.
really? didnt know that. Guess I should have said kraken
Leviathan is a demonic form of Satan representing the sin of Envy. I would NOT name a ship after it. Thats just the worst luck ever. Might as well call it the SS EVILSATAN. Actually thats a little badass.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Going to avoid cliches and names of ships that exist in games so, here I go!
USS Alien Diddler

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
We could always do what every game-dev in existence does, and treat Earth's mythology like a BARGAIN BUCKET'O IDEAS!

I like the sound of "Odin" myself. The king of the Norse gods would be a fitting name for a super command fleet.

hino77

Mar 4, 2010
Im gonna go with Cthulhu, cant go wrong with some unkilleble space horror. And if you want serious names, i`d go with famous scifi writers, Wells,Clarke,Asimov, they sound badass, and have some significance. Also some mythological names,preferably from various different mythologies, Odin,Amaterasu,Ares,Balor,Avalon, awesome names, and a nice fleet XD.

Collegeboy21

Jan 26, 2010
Sword names are pretty cool. Not just the type of sword, but mythical ones too.

Excaliber
Claymore
Rapier
Katana
Anduril
Glamdring
Callandor
Starfang

The list could go on for a while.

Proeliator

Aug 22, 2012
How about naming them after cities? And states/provinces! There might be a thousand Columbia's, but names like Tallahassee are always fun to say. Of course, nothing with new in it, unless there's already been one named York. Cause someone is going to crash New York at some point, and New York II sounds redundant.

I mean, Milwaukee is the name of the ship in my fan-fiction, and its seemed to work. [sup][sub]I think I've said too much now.[/sub][/sup]

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
BiscuitTrouser said:
Ryotknife said:
Eddie the head said:
Ryotknife said:
Greek or Norse mythology.

Odin, Hydra, Levianathan, valkyrie.

.....final fantasy characters?
Leviathan is form the bible. Fun little fact.

On topic I say Band Mascots. That is the only true and just way. What are you talking about I am not biased at all.
really? didnt know that. Guess I should have said kraken
Leviathan is a demonic form of Satan representing the sin of Envy. I would NOT name a ship after it. Thats just the worst luck ever. Might as well call it the SS EVILSATAN. Actually thats a little badass.
Still think calling it the SS Troy would be worse, all things considered.

and if you really want to F over the crew
Murphy's Law

Lamp Salesman

May 1, 2010
I'd vote for Daedalus, Pillar of Autumn, Mother of Invention.

Also, Occulta Venator (Unseen Hunter) for a stealth ship. Kelevra (Bad Dog. Yes, I got it from Lucky Number Slevin), The Unfair Advantage (for a particularly well-armed ship), Babel Rebuilt (for a ship collaborated on by many nations, perhaps), The Sardonist's Laugh.