The elder scrolls "Space" rim?

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
Insanity72 said:
TestECull said:
The only thing I would change would be the addition of guns. I find it slightly odd that the people of Tamriel have never thought to stuff a bomb down the closed end of a metal tube, stuff some rocks or similar in after the bomb, then set that bomb off while pointing the open end at someone they don't like.
umm....what?

So your saying that the people of Tamriel, should shove an object that they've never heard of, or even have the gunpowder to make, down a metal tube, which would then result in there hands blowing off.....
Somebody had to be th first one to suck a cows tit, yeah know?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
No. The reason I, and probably a lot others, love the Elder Scrolls games is due to the setting.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Mr.Tea said:
Argtee said:
Matthew94 said:
It's called Fallout 3 and is in stores now!
I lol'd.

But seriously, that sounds like it would be terrible.

Elders Scrolls should NEVER take place in the future!
EVER!

I would like to see a Steampunk-like Elders Scrolls game. It would be interesting.
Morrowind was probably the most Steampunk-like game in the series so far.
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Not too far in the future (unless it's like...Mass Effect...okay I'll admit I'd like a future Elder scrolls) Steampunk would just be awesome. Guns replacing Bows, Magic being relatively rare but still practiced, Large hostile...areas...with...I don't know but...I'd buy it.
You guys want TES to go back in time, not forward. (Hint: The Dwemer [http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer#Technology])
I don't believe that it was ever explained how the Dwemer disappeared. (I may be wrong though, so correct me if I'm wrong)

That being said, the Dwemer could reappear sometime in the future, but that would take away a lot of the mystery behind them.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Mr.Tea said:
Argtee said:
Matthew94 said:
I lol'd.

EVER!

I would like to see a Steampunk-like Elders Scrolls game. It would be interesting.
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Not too far in the future (unless it's like...Mass Effect...okay I'll admit I'd like a future Elder scrolls) Steampunk would just be awesome. Guns replacing Bows, Magic being relatively rare but still practiced, Large hostile...areas...with...I don't know but...I'd buy it.
You guys want TES to go back in time, not forward. (Hint: The Dwemer [http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer#Technology])
ehh...from what I know of them they destroyed an already crippled race. An entire race (snow elves) used to be but not too interested in them now. I think they disappeared because they were experimenting with things that angered some god or a daedra prince. Perhaps the patron god of the Snow Elves?

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Argtee said:
I don't believe that it was ever explained how the Dwemer disappeared. (I may be wrong though, so correct me if I'm wrong)

That being said, the Dwemer could reappear sometime in the future, but that would take away a lot of the mystery behind them.
Few people seriously ask the question 'why did the the Dwemer disappear.' Therefore no one really paid attention when the answer was found.

We know how they disappeared, if not exactly why.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
Mr.Tea said:
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Mr.Tea said:
Argtee said:
Matthew94 said:
I lol'd.

EVER!

NotSoLoneWanderer said:
ehh...from what I know of them they destroyed an already crippled race. An entire race (snow elves) used to be but not too interested in them now. I think they disappeared because they were experimenting with things that angered some god or a daedra prince. Perhaps the patron god of the Snow Elves?
The point was: All of their technology, society, infrastructure, etc was steampunk. So a game set in the past (before their fall) rather than the future would be a steampunk-like TES game.
True true true but I'd rather have an entire steampunk world then steampunk limited to Dwemer caves. That's a whole lot of un-steamy Skyrim left.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
If Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls had a baby, I would play it.