The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHFFFFFFFFFFFFF- FUCKING SKYRIM HOLY SHIT AAAAAAAAAAHHH

...*Ahem. Already have it preloaded from Steam.

Tonight. The world goes silent.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Stabby Joe said:
I've only read the Guardian review (prominent UK paper, 5 stars) and the main reason I'm looking into the reviews so much is not to know whether the game is good or not, I think everything can assume it is, but how annoying the bugs are.

From what I've heard so far, they're not New Vegas bad.
Yea. I know what the game is going to be like and I'm sure that on paper it's amazing.
What's holding me back from purchasing isn't the outdated elements, it's the technical problems. And mostly I'm worried for the ps3 port which is sure to be the worst. What I'd like to hear more about in these reviews for Skyrim are how many times the reviewers' games crashed on them.
I hope that we never again see a game with as many problems as New Vegas. That was a disaster. But this is the same publisher so you know they'll give anything the green light to go to the shelves.

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
So no simulated economies with almost real life NPC's... I guess Fable was just ahead of it's time. I was hoping bethseda would learn a thing or two about Economies, Titles, Lands, Taxes, Laws, and POWER!

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Azure-Supernova said:
Fuck work, I shall devote my life to the adventures of my retired Nordic hunter as he's once again dragged into a life of adventure!
HELL YEAH! SAME HERE! and i have to work a 6:30am to 6:10pm shift tomorrow while my game is being delivered and sitting in my mailbox...and my mind starts to wither away...Will I have enough energy to even play the best game in the world?

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Go fig. I have the day off tomorrow and i WON'T be spending it playing Skyrim!
...now i'll run and hide before i'm burned to the stake

On a more serious note though i might pick this game up at some later point. School's been making my back catalogue grow steadily since Deus Ex came out and a game like this would just make matters even worse.

Also i even picked up Uncharted 3 today so Thanksgiving break is going to be very much welcome here so i can actually get shit done.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
This stars ratings are pretty meh in my opinion, i definetly thought Dragon age 2 wasn't as perfect to warrant a 5 star rating...

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Steve Butts said:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

Bethesda's latest is a true RPG epic that asks you what you want and then gives it to you.

Read Full Article
An FYI: The link to the written review from the video leads to your review of Arkham City. On the plus side, your lockpicking frustration made me lol. I've been there before, both with the Oblivion system and the Fallout 3/New Vegas system.

I can't wait to get started on Skyrim. I understand that making such a huge open world game with so many variables is going to some awkwardness in areas. I'll accept that and appreciate everything else the game offers.

And I am going to scour the hell out of this game for Squidbear references. I hope they put something in.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
So, they re-introduced spiders? Damnit! No spiders were one of the reasons this arachnophic loved Morrowind and Oblivion.

Ah well, maybe some brilliant modder will find a way to remove them...

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
5 years ago I had to Study Hard and Play Oblivion Hard. Now I have to Work Hard and Play Skyrim Hard. Hopefully in another 5 Years I will be Retired Extremely Early, So I can play the next Elder Scrolls games with my kids all day long! (keep your expenses extremely low, and make your savings rate extremely high each month, than invest conservatively, and you shall be free of your "working" and "studying" shackles!!!!)

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Ugh. Do I really have to wait 12 1/2 hours still? How the hell am I going to concentrate in class with this going on. I would skip if I wasn't sick last week for this class.

Holy crap. I can't wait for this game.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
ViciousTide said:
Azure-Supernova said:
Fuck work, I shall devote my life to the adventures of my retired Nordic hunter as he's once again dragged into a life of adventure!
HELL YEAH! SAME HERE! and i have to work a 6:30am to 6:10pm shift tomorrow while my game is being delivered and sitting in my mailbox...and my mind starts to wither away...Will I have enough energy to even play the best game in the world?
Tell me about it. My Steam copy will activate at midnight (or around that time) and I'm picking up the Collectors Edition on PS3 tomorrow morning. Only problem is I work from 1pm till 11pm so by the time I get in I'll have roughly four hours to squeeze in social activity, a good meal and Skyrim... there just aren't enough hours in the day!

ViciousTide

Aug 5, 2011
Holy craps, i just ate 1 1/2 pizzas in the last 20 hrs. (don't worry i work out!) I hope I am not sick while playing Skyrim tomorrow night, but hell since i have the place to myself, if need be i can just take the xbox, PC monitor, and Skyrim into the bathroom with me, lmao. Should always have a spare in the bathroom, just in case, just make sure to take the HDD with you ;)

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
otakon17 said:
ZeppMan217 said:
But the question is - will Yahtzee review it?
As a high profile game, you bet your sweet bippy. Can't wait for that one, it's gonna be funny.
Not necessarily, there's a ton of new games that he's ignoring because he can't fit them in his schedule, like Dark Souls, Spiderman Edge of Time, and Sonic Generations (god, I wanted him to do that one). And he is giving preference to the FPS genre, so it's not garanteed he'll review Skyrim. I'd put it on the "maybe" list, because he reviewed Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Vew Vegas.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Ruwrak said:
draythefingerless said:
Deviate said:
So, I've gone from being 'meh' about all the Skyrim hype until these last two days where I've been... well, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

I just wonder, with all the dragons in the game, will a sneaky archer still be viable, or will it be gimped in such fights?
I dont think Stealth is an option when it comes to killing a dragon....
Maybe you can poison it's tea?
Keep away from my tea.

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
Calcium said:
So much want. So little time.

Over the next two weeks I have 5 pieces of coursework to finish... I really am seriously annoyed I won't be able to play this for so long. :(
I'm right there with you. I have to study for a Developmental Biology exam and another one in Anatomy and Physiology this weekend, it's gonna take every bit of discipline I have. Luckily I have it on release date delivery from Amazon, so I won't get it till the afternoon tomorrow and might get some studying done in the morning.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I think I'm going to murder every elf that I come across. Every single one. If I even hear so much as rumors of an Elf, I will go halfway across the world to slay him.

It will be genocide the likes of which the world has never seen. DAMN YOU, HIPPIE ELVES!

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
So the beautiful world is back but all the crap bits of Oblivion I hated are also back. Except the Oblivion Gates of course ... f**k them.

SuperGameGeek

Nov 3, 2009
Great review! Escpecially when acknowledging that your experience can be entirely different than other people playing the game. Can't wait. 12 hours until dragons reign... and my social life dies.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Glad everyone is so excited to get this game. However, for me at least, this review actually has shown me that I won't be getting this game. The reason? The NPCs broke immersion for me practically every time I had to interact with one when I played Oblivion, and seeing that they didn't really improve it is a major turn-off for the game for me.

Oh well, I'd just end up playing Skyward Sword when it comes out over this anyway.