The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010

Broken Doll
Some scars run deeper than you know.
Dolores Selmy

bit my lip. This was too strange. As Ruby cried into my lap, I felt her warm body pressed against my thighs and the gentle wetness of her tears, I put my hand as gently as I could on her head. I wanted to, so badly. I wanted. I wanted. I stroked her hair, so long and thick and smelling of melons. "There, there," I cooed, "you know that's not true. They'd never leave you alone. Never in a million years. They love you dearly Ruby." I said those things, but I did not truly know that. Tania and Deborah had always been as esoteric to me as the Father himself. They always spoke in riddles and half-truths. Always trying to lead me into my answer instead of just telling me directly. To this day I still don't know what Tania and Deborah actually did for a living. For that matter, what did she mean that the door to her home was hidden? I shook my head. Must have been the child's imagination, a story that Tania told her in her youth. Or even, a little white lie to keep her safe from danger.

A stray thought crossed my mind. A fantasy. I threw my arms around Ruby and pulled her into a tight embrace. I could feel the heaving of her little chest. Her breath, even in it's deep distress, felt gentle against my skin. "You poor child," I said softly. I wanted to. I wanted to so very much. The mere thought of Ruby being in danger sent a shiver down my spine.

"I'm surprised that you're not out on briefing with the rest of the Combat Unit."

I looked up and uncrossed my legs. "Captain Donnell!" I saluted while sitting, holding Ruby in my left arm.

"No need to be so formal," she lit a cigarette. She looked so strange, such a young body smoking. "In the intelligence department we prefer to keep ranks on the down-low if you can understand. As much obscurity as we can muster, it makes our work easier and keeps us alive longer." She paused and took a long drag from her smoke before exhaling a small cloud. The smoke smelled unnaturally sweet. "And before you say anything else, I'm here because your friends asked me to make sure you don't try and deploy with the Combat Unit this time around. You're still recovering from whatever came over you last time, so I'm asking you as a ranking officer to keep your flat-ass tush on the Rising Dawn."

I'm still growing! At least, I think... I hope... It's not my only defining feature...

"With all due respect Captain - Ms. Donnell," I started.

"Lizzy is fine."

"Alright, with all due respect Lizzy," it felt so strange to refer to an officer by her first name, "I will be deploying. There's something I have to find out for myself about... my condition."

"Was afraid you would say that," the Captain said. She leaned against the wall and finished her cigarette. "I'm not going to stop you, but I will say that Molli and John are going to be very upset."

"I understand," I gave Ruby a squeeze. "Ruby, I'm going to go now, if that's okay with you. I need to go do my job."

I got up and put Ruby down. I wanted to, but I didn't. "Pass my thanks to Molli and John, Lizzy."

"Good luck Lieutenant. I think you'll be glad to know I've already put you into the deployment squad. don't get yourself killed out there or I'll never hear the end of it from your girlfriend."

[hr]

I walked into the hangar after the briefing was already done. The Heroes were asking questions about the deployment mission. I looked around and to my great concern, I saw that there were no Combat Unit members waiting to be deployed. I would be deploying by myself with the Heroes? What in the world made me so special?

I checked my sidearm uncomfortably. Hopefully I wouldn't have to resort to it.

Bolverk, I'm counting on you.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Record Hall
"What's an AI to a God? What's a God to a... How did that song go again? I forget."
Sloth | Rory Mercury | Naamah | Eddie the Dead | Big Boss​
[hr]

Despite both his and Eddie's reassurances that he was going to be at least some help even if Eddie refused to involve himself, Rory's expression made it clear: She was unconvinced. Sloth couldn't exactly blame her. Even if she didn't know his reputation, knowing his name was enough to give the impression that he wouldn't be inclined to help at the best of times. Which wasn't exactly right, but it wasn't exactly wrong either.

She went on to say that, maybe, they were the metaphorical counterweight to keep the crew of the ship from upsetting the balance of things too much. Which, really, was exactly what he said he was there for, albeit not in as many words, or as specifically. And to be fair, he didn't take Rory or Eddie into account. The Vice had no idea they were there in the first place, since out of all of his 'siblings', he kept tabs on various worlds the least.

Meanwhile, Eddie was clearly having none of it. His response involving Big Boss as a puppet made it so that Sloth had to stifle a chuckle. He could hardly blame the demi-god either. He hated voluntary work too, but that was simply his nature, so he supposed he could hardly talk.

But then the form around the young demi-goddesses shoulders spoke up, and said something that he couldn't help but find curious.

"Humans are a profoundly illogical species. They are unpredictable by nature and they are prone to qualify their actions after the fact. You all have entered a realm where there is no God. This is a place ruled by humans and their beliefs."

At that, he did laugh, however.

"Now that isn't even nearly true. Earth's got plenty of gods and goddesses, both real and fake. I mean, sure, some get their power from the belief humans put in them, but they're there all the same. You can't say this is a realm with no god." he said, before motioning to both Rory and Eddie and adding, "Besides, you've got these two. They might be demi-gods, but they still have "god" in the title. Rory's even been a full-on goddess before."

Eddie seemed satisfied enough with that, before reminding them of the reason he was there.

"[color=5B9C64]Well, I suppose there isn't much more to say, now is there? 'Your duty must be done', and I have a pending delivery. Anything else anyone would like to add?[/color]"

Sloth had to wonder just who he was making a delivery to. Did he mention who before? Maybe he simply wasn't listening, but he was curious all the same. Though, not enough to ask. As it turned out, he didn't need to when Rory declined to continue her recruiting efforts and mentioned taking him to a bartender. He was about to start following them when he could hear a quick burst of static.

Rising Dawn PA System said:
Code:
[i]"-I don't care if he's not here, we're getting this operation underway! Right, is it on? Good: All units get to the Hangar bay by 1100 hours Mountain Time. For anyone who doesn't have a watch, just get over here now and we'll work though the finer details later. Over." *TSK!*[/i]
"Well, I suppose that's my cue. I should probably make my way to the Hangar and introduce myself so that I don't step on anyone's toes later. I'll see you guys later." he said, turning away from them with a lazy wave and starting his casual stride out the nearest door.

The fact that he didn't know where the Hangar Bay even was didn't really matter. Even if he did, he was simply going to arrive late anyway.

[hr]
The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Hangar Bay
"Hope I didn't miss anything important..."
Sloth | Shitload of Other Folks​
[hr]

By the time Sloth stepped into the Hangar Bay, he could say with reasonable certainty that he was, in fact, late. At least, that was the safe assumption, since he didn't have a watch, and despite his reality-warping powers involving slowing or even stopping time, he couldn't exactly be bothered to keep track of what time it was in the first place.

What he immediately noticed was just how... Varied the crew was. Really, he had to admire the fact that they were managing to work together at all, though he couldn't say what kind of internal strife they had. For all he knew, they were just as dysfunctional as the Vices, possibly more so.

But the Vice disregarded that as he stepped up behind the group and lifted a hand in a friendly gesture through the overlong sleeve of his robes.

"Hey guys! I'm new here. Name's Acedia, Incarnation of Sloth, Personification of Entropy... Yadda, yadda, yadda, but you can just call me Sloth. I hope I'm not too late for the briefing." he drawled.

[hr]
The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Med Bay
"These people are weird."
Farber | Dolores | Ruby | Elise | ARES 35 | Teri | Garm | Angelus | Katya​
[hr]

As Farber clung to the underside of a hospital bed, he began to wonder just when everyone was going to leave. If only sick people were left, he'd probably have a chance to get away. It didn't help that he was already starting to have a stomachache thanks to gorging himself on candy. And on top of that, he was bored.

He supposed he could eavesdrop, he thought as he tried to listen a little more closely to what they were saying. But all he managed to hear was the sounds of someone sobbing, and someone else trying to comfort them. That wasn't really all that interesting, though he felt a little tug of guilt at having made the guard lady chase him. Though, she did end up trying to use magic on him, despite her terrible aim, so he couldn't feel too bad.

It was when the bed above him shifted that he started to really worry, and he glanced over to the side and noticed two pairs of legs hanging off of edge of the bed he was under. He recognized the first set as they slipped under the bed and nearly hit him upside the head: They belonged to the same guard that was sobbing earlier. The other set was shorter though, and since they wore shoes, they had to belong to a little girl.

He frowned around his tail, and a soft, almost imperceptible groan escaped around it. He was never going to get out of there without being caught, was he?

But it wasn't long before a new voice boomed out after what sounded like the crackle of unstable magic.

Rising Dawn PA System said:
Code:
[i]"-I don't care if he's not here, we're getting this operation underway! Right, is it on? Good: All units get to the Hangar bay by 1100 hours Mountain Time. For anyone who doesn't have a watch, just get over here now and we'll work though the finer details later. Over." *TSK!*[/i]
Now, he didn't really know what most of that meant, but he got the gist of it: Everyone get to this one place for some meeting. He would've been glad to hear that, if it wasn't for the fact that it was in eleven-hundred hours! He couldn't even count that high! So, even if everyone did have to leave at some point, it'd be so long from now that it didn't even matter.

But with the sounds of fading footsteps, maybe everyone would be leaving sooner instead of later.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Avatar Adventures | The Airship: Rising Dawn | The Hangar
Morning
Most of everyone
Mind-reading check-ups

As expected, her question of "What's the catch?" led more eyes on her, and start a waterfall of answers. Very good. Diana felt comfortable in the spotlight, and other people talking to her was more important than listening to the blabberings of her own mind, anyways. Although the question had served one more purpose: Giving her a better view of the situation than just listening to the one who gave the assigment. Only ... the situation didn't look exactly great. Not because of the enemy, no, because the people in the room all seemed to talk at once, and not have their particular tasks. Instead, it was chaos.

Diana was unsure how to deal with it. But maybe it was best to show them what she could do. After all, this was why she wondered about the low difficulty.
?"Must you ask such a question? The man is currently well on his way towards leading a nation through psychic manipulation of it's populace. We've interfered so much that he has personally invited us to his front doorstep knowing that in any other circumstance, we wouldn't be able to find him. From the police, to the civilians, to the security... I'd imagine everyone in that entire city wants to kill us. Before you arrived here, apprehending his cohorts involved the destruction of a place of higher learning and a full scale assault on a military base, both of which make us look terrible, further earning us the hatred of everyone on the ground I'd wager. So in essence, like mice lured by the smell of cheese, we're being lured by our objective. It's not going to be easy to avoid being torn to ribbons by the masses the moment we get there."
"So ... send in someone he does not know? Scout the area? Ignore the masses at first, just focus on him? Would he be prone to seduction, or does he only get aroused by his own power?" Dream asked back questions in rapid fire. I still don't know enough about him. The masses are completely irrelevant. If we are in a building, there are only so many who can attack us - and most of them should be pretty weak. Especially against the chaos force we have here.

Before she could argue more, Diana got tapped on her shoulder by a smug, but not particularily good looking guy. "The catch is that Bison is literally fueled by evil, and is very good at creating that evil. We-well, I, and some other people here-have fought him before, after he managed to become powerful enough to take over all of Asia. It...wasn't easy."
She nearly laughed out loud. Fueled by evil? Well, I'm fueled by stupidity, and I still don't get all powerful. Since both evil and stupidity are relative. There must be something else, something that does make more sense, behind his power.
"...maybe we could pull a Shaun of the Dead? Pretend to be part of the angry mob and infiltrate that way?"
Before she could speak, another guy chimed in:
"Even if we do that, we need to separate Bison-and Armstrong, for that matter-from the rest of the group. Somehow."
Now Diana chimed in: "Well, that guy had at least the resemblance of a plan. Infiltration that way would work for some of us."
She listened to the further conversation between the two ... three, wondering about their conclusion.
"No. We're going to have to fight."
"Of course we have to fight. But to get in, and not fight in, because I think a lot of people do not want that - we could use half your plan, half stealth. And the people who can do neither just drop in from the ceiling or something. Or teleport." Diana added, before the winged guy spoke up:

"I do think our only real option is to sneak in, if we can gt a small party inside the building evading capture, maybe we could get into some sort of control room if we can shut down his tech, we might have a chance. But we'd need silent troops, preferably ones that are tech savvy and capable of silently taking out guards and security. We creep out way up and once we shut down the tech soldiers Maybe we'd get an advantage?"

"A control room? He has tech? Well, that would make it even more easy. Do we need "tech savvy" for shutting down his tech? Wouldn't just destroying it would work, as well?
For your interest - and despite what my appearance might suggest - I can sneak pretty easily. Although I could also pose as someone else ... depends on your plan."

Kalastryn, now finished asking her questions to the assignment-guys, informed her shortly: "I might also want to remind you as well, it appears he is also psychic. If I have the mental discipline to sever a mental link between you and I?without?such a handicap... good luck "brainwashing" a man who is apparently on his way towards mind controlling an entire nation."
"Well, brainwashing is out of the question. I wasn't suggesting doing it myself anyways. Still, since not even an entire nation should have a high protection against mind-control, his power could be ... average. A more powerful telepath might have a chance.
Regardless, you say we should just kill him instead?
You have a point regardless: What about our people who can't protect themselves against mind-control? Or how can we prevent half of our team getting taken over?
... Fighting against allies is a real pain in the ass."
Diana said, looking around the room, wondering who else could at least protect him- or herself.

Well, not Ryan, who apologized himself (this time he was at least polite), to do something else. But ... Alright, time for a check. Diana thought, and powered up again, eyes glowing coldly. Who's next?

... Snake girl?
Diana's eyes fell on the girls who had followed Ryan. Well, that's certainly interesting ... where did they suddenly come from? She listened to them converse for a while. Well, I know who's first. Miia is it?

Dream appeared bored, while she was reading Miias mind ... first checking if she noticed anything, then ... she could not stop herself ... about her "interests". There also may have been glimpses of Rachnera, as Miia was thinking about her currently, though without fond feelings. Still, knowing someones acquaintances was never a bad thing.

She was about to look through the room, when another weird figure (if you could call people "weird" in such a bunch) spoke up. "Hey guys! I'm new here. Name's Acedia, Incarnation of Sloth, Personification of Entropy... Yadda, yadda, yadda, but you can just call me Sloth. I hope I'm not too late for the briefing."

Sloth? ... as in the vice? ... Well, he certainly looks the part. Dream thought, as she placed her eyes on him and stepped closer. "Well, I think you arrived just in time ... for some check-ups. Good morning, my name is Dream.
Say, are you protected against mind-control?"

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
Avatar Adventures | The Airship: Rising Dawn | The Hanger
Stage 1: Planning and Resource Gathering
Katya Rostikova | Most of the Rising Dawn Crew Members​
[hr]

Unlike the previous two mission briefings that Katya had attended, the frequently mouthy hacker was silent while the mission objectives were outlined by both Doctor Violet and his less than respectful colleague. The excitement at being aboard one of the most talked about Airships on the internet and among out of the most rumored organizations on the internet had faded revealing the real Katya Rostikova that hid behind a mischievous troll mask. Despite this, the slightly introverted woman listened to the presentation, giving it all the attention she could muster.

With the presentation reaching its conclusion sans any discussion of an actual plan to fulfill the outlined objectives, the wayward youth sat back in the chair and closed her eyes. As the crew members broke into smaller groups to discuss various plans, Katya Rostikova not only maintained her isolation but reinforced it as she put on a song to drown out the raucous voices that surrounded her.

Despite the fact that Katya had zero in the way of military experience, asset management experience and tactical planning experience what the young gamer did have was a lot of experience with Real Time Strategy games and Tactical games. Games the likes of Command and Conquer, Warcraft, Starcraft and Total Annihilation were just the tip of the iceberg when it came to Katya's gaming resume. Given the high level of past media exposure that the Rising Dawn had received in the past and the fact that this M. Bison was more than likely familiar with the established members of the crew, it was likely that even if the senior members of the Heroes Squad went into the town with disguises on, they'd more than likely be discovered by the Zombied Townsfolk. This meant that the best option for the mission would be to infiltrate the town using a small group of the lesser known Rising Dawn Members that didn't look too outlandish... so Rory, Miia and Elise were out for the initial stages of the mission. It would also help if these members could disguise themselves using some sort of shape shifting or illusion to keep themselves hidden in plain sight but it wouldn't matter if the crew member only had a minimal amount of exposure.

Once on the ground, the small infiltration squad would enter Town Hall and locate whatever device was being used to control the civilians and order them to evacuate the town, allowing the Rising Dawn's Heavy Hitters to enter the town without fear of civilian casualties. Of course this was going on the assumption that M. Bison used some sort of machine to control the civilians and that the infiltration squad consisted of people who wouldn't freak out under pressure.

This left the final detail of the mission, which would be getting the squad to the site. While it would have been nice to teleport into the building where Bison was holed up, without knowing the layout of the building a blind teleport would have been stupid. They could have as easily teleported into a wall or the foundation of the building as teleported into a guard room filled with two shifts worth of guards that were armed to the teeth. The best method would have been the traditional method of getting dropped off in the outskirts of the town and driving in.

Pulling out her mobile, she opened up a new message and addressed it to Violet, who appeared to be the current person in charge.

Message to Doctor Violet said:
D.V.,

G0t @n 1d3@ f0r 7h15 m1ss10n. S3nd a n3wb squ@d d0wn 2 t3h t0wn and 3vac t3h c1v135 b3f0r3 t@k1ng 0n B1s0n. 5ugg35t t3h f011l0w1ng m3mb3rz.

M3
Dr3am
531my
@r3z-35
@nn13

@tt@ch1ng t3h d33tz.

-K@ty@

attachment: P14nz.pdf
Proofing the message to make sure she didn't miss anything, Katya once again leaned back in her chair and waited for a response from their newly appointed magnanimous leader who was not named Kim Jong-Un. Part of her wondered if it was right of her to suggest such a plan at this stage given the fact that it was more than likely that quite a number of the crew members already disliked her, not that she cared of course, they could all get bent as far as she was concerned... really... they could all go burn in a jet fuel inferno... seriously... right... yup.

[hr]

Avatar Adventures | The Airship: Rising Dawn | Shipping and Receiving
The Princess and the Pea Ish
Ruby Babbage-Lovelace | Farber​
[hr]

Without the comforting presence of Miss Selmy and her lap, Ruby became quite aware of the fact that the bed in which she lay was incredibly uncomfortable. A medical facility that had invested as much as this one had in advanced medical equipment was unlikely to skimp out on their beds as some sort of cost saving measure and yet, the young child found herself trying to fall asleep in one of the most uncomfortable beds the minds of men had ever created. It was as if they had stuck the previous patient who had the unfortunate luck of becoming deceased under the mattress instead of properly caring for the departed. The thought reminded the young child of Titania and Deborah of the story of the Princess and the Pea only this time it was the Princess and the Poor Dead Person.

Ruby Babbage-Lovelace had a rather strong desire to look under the bed and see if there was something underneath the mattress upon which she slept only, she couldn't. Another thought took the place of a Partially Decayed Person being under her bed, namely something that went by the moniker of SCP-072.

While her Mothers, Titania and Deborah, had limited the amount of time that Ruby could spend browsing the internet and what she was allowed to browse, the time spent away from her mothers hadn't been all tears and searching. As any child would, Ruby used her newly found freedom to take advantage of the things that had been previously disallowed. This included spending more time on the internet than was typically allowed as well as browsing such websites as the SCP Foundation Website.

She really wished she hadn't done that.

As far as the nine year old girl could remember, the thing known as SCP-072 took on the form of a bed and while the subject was asleep, it would wake them up, paralyze them and then slice off chunks of the subject's feet. It was the thing that lurked underneath the bed at night and left puddles of drool as it waited for its victim to fall asleep. It was the thing that would grab you if you didn't jump 3 feet away from the foot of the bed. It was the thing that made the bed feel like it was moving and lumpy even if it wasn't. It was the thing under the bed upon with Ruby currently lay.

The fey-child could feel it now, its breathing causing the mattress to lift slightly as it tried to stay still while it waited for its victim, in this case Ruby, to dangle her feet off of the side of the bed.

"[small]Oh no.[/small] Ruby whispered to herself as she found herself unable to move. Whether this was from the thing known as 072 or from the fear that was overtaking her body was irrelevant in the child's mind. What was relevant was getting out of there before she was eaten.

The Child of Titania and Deborah stopped. This wasn't how she was raised. She was supposed to be brave and utterly without fear. She was able to free climb the advanced rock walls during her Rock Climbing classes without need for rope or harness. She was able to spar with man twice her size during her fencing classes. Why should she be afraid of something that was so cowardly as to strike from the darkness? Why should she be afraid of something that needed to do this to compensate for its own lackluster skills? The answer was that she shouldn't.

Murmuring a spell under the breath, Ruby caused the ribbons of her dress to unfurl into four limb rending binding. Poised like snaked they waited for their mistress to command them and command them she did. With the speed of a striking serpent, the ribbons quickly struck and found their target before dragging it from the darkness of the bed into the Medical Bay's light.

"You'll never eat my..." The nine year old started to say before she realized that she'd dragged another kid out from under the bed, "feet?"

The child was obviously not human as he had a tail and pointy elf like ears. His clothing was a patchwork of hastily repaired holes combined with an odd assortment of rough materials. The only thing familiar about the young boy was the fact that he had chocolate smeared all over his mouth.

"Um... hi?" Ruby greeted the boy before setting him down on the ground and releasing him, "I'm ... sorry I thought you were something else. You didn't see anything else under there with you did you?

[hr]

Avatar Adventures | The Airship: Rising Dawn | The Canteen
Better Red than Dead...
Rory Mercury | Eddie the Dead | Naamah​
[hr]

Unlike Sloth, Rory had no need to go to a briefing and strategy session for the next mission. She was never one for stealth anyways, considering the fact that her main weapon was nearly one and half times her size not easily hidden from view. Besides, she would know when she was needed and when that time came, she would appear in the midst of whatever battle had erupted between the crew of the Rising Dawn and their enemies. There was still the fact that the Rising Dawn and their history didn't necessarily sit right with the Demi Goddess of Death all that well. By assisting them in their current mission, she could have unwittingly triggered something calamitous.

The Warrior known as Big Boss was not forgotten. As she, Naamah and Eddie traveled along the corridors of the massive Air Ship, Rory flagged down an idle crew member and informed them about the comatose man's condition and location. Assurances were made in regards to the proper care of the newly arrived Hero and that he would be taken to the Medical Center aboard the ship.

Smiling cheerfully, the Demi Goddess completed the task of showing Eddie where the Canteen was located and where the Bartender was most likely to be. Opening the double doors, the Demi Goddess of Insanity entered the establishment and paused to look around, this being her first time in the Canteen. It was far and away more ornate than anything she was used to. The last tavern like establishment she'd been in had been the one in the Special Region's Refugee Camp with its unfinished stone walls and rough wooden tables. But this place, it was something that Rory had never imagined could exist outside of the Realm of the Gods.

"That should be the one you seek, Eddie." Rory stated as she gestured to the bar and the man behind the bar.

Looking around, Rory Mercury took a seat at an empty table... well they were all empty... and waited for the serving staff to arrive. She was surprised to see that the serving staff consisted of small fire imps rather than the typical assortment of Catgirls or Bunnygirls that one would find in the Special Region. It was unfortunate for the imps that they also reminded Rory of the Special Region's Lady of the Underworld, Hardy.

Addressing Naamah, Rory's voice was nervous sounding and filled with a tinge of fear.

"Tell me, are these the minions of Hardy?" The Young Looking Lolita asked as her grip tightened on the haft of her halberd. Rory's muscles seemed to tense as the chittering and jabbering Imp approached, unaware that if it got any closer, it was likely to find itself a flying fire imp.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Rising Dawn: G-Corp Hanger: Basically everyone

As the briefing went on, Ghost kept a keen eye on the crew, namely recalling who as at the meeting and who wasn't, that might be useful information later.
Outside of that, he stood by for the most part, waiting to jump in the second when (Not if, When) Violet screwed up the information in his answer session.

RE: "What's the catch?"

That statement from Dream kinda confused the Doctor, while he understood what he meant, he was a little worried he didn't really portray the situation correctly as a result of it.
"Well, the catch is that there is almost the entire population of a major city trying to do us harm in the process. And that's not counting how much of a fight Bison might put up. I don't know how much of the power he has nation-wide he can call upon at any one time, but if it's anything like the last time he rose to power, it might be rather difficult. That and if we are found out before we reach him, he might bolt and try to escape while we fight off his lackeys. Not entire sure if he would do that, but it would be the most beneficial outcome for him outside of him managing to kill us somehow...NOT SAYING THAT WOULD HAPPEN BUT-eheheheh...Heh...."

RE: Building Routes

"Well, Kala, I can call you Kala, right? The building is a pretty easy place to break into normally. We looked at the blueprints and because Bison is hosting a town hall in there, the doors will basically be wide open to members of the public. The hard part would just be getting to it, on account of the number of hazards we'll have to avoid to reach it. Other possible routes also include going in though the roof. There is a number of airvents and windows we can use to get in that way. Or if we can just nail down what room Bison is in, we could even "Breach" the building like that and take him by surprise."

RE: Anti-Magic

Moving onto Kalastryn's next question, namely if there would be much in the way to Anti-Magic technology, he then said "Well, I took a look at some of the services that World Marshall provides and they did note something along the lines of "Meta-Human Detainment and Control" so it would be reasonable to assume that they have some means to counter magic in their arsenal. They didn't really post their hardware specs on their website however so I can't tell you what exact measures they might use, only to expect deployment of such measures and to prepare for them."

RE: Mind Controlling the Crew

"Now, onto your question ARES, While Bison has vast psionic power, we did do some tests on related mind control methods and we mightn't have as much to fear as we thought. G-Corp studies show that one of the biggest factors into a successful mind control attempt is the fact that the subject doesn't know he or she is being mind controlled. It's why he is able to get away with putting up ads of himself all over the place, most people know it's political dogma anyway but not that it's actively hypnotizing them. The other factors would be the willpower of the person being mind controlled and if the attempt is interrupted or not. So basically-"
Code:
*TSK!* "What he's saying is if you see someone whom you think is about to fall under Bison's control, punch them in the head a few times. Prevention is usually the best cure." *TSK!*
Ghost interrupted, much to the Doctors annoyance.
"...Oh! Another thing, I haven't gotten to test this yet but I think there is a link between Bison's mental..."link" to a unwilling servant and the promotional material around them so-"
Code:
*TSK!* "If you take out a TV, Loudspeaker, anything Bison might use to make that connection, you could "Un-Zombify" the population affected by it. But for the love of god, don't comprise the mission to do so. I hear the police frown upon destruction of public property." *TSK!*
"WILL YOU STOP INTERRUPTING ME?!"
That comment got somewhat of a reaction from the seasoned spec-ops agent, namely leaning over slightly and stating
Code:
*TSK!* "...Make me..." *TSK!"
RE: Armstrong

As he swallowed his anger, Violet's attention turned to Icarus's statement about going after Armstrong.
"While I know for a fact that Armstrong is a rotten son of a ***** who most likely deserves whatever he has coming to him, our focus is on Bison and Bison alone. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to take that guy down a few pegs myself for what he did in Japan, he's not the one on the edge of taking over the country. Hell, his poll numbers are like 1/4 of what Bison's is. But as far as I know, the only connection he has to this mission is that the men we will be trying to avoid are all on their payroll."

RE: Titan Form

While Ryan and his colleges were talking, Ghost did pick up on Annie asking about using her Titan form.
Instantly, he went tense for a moment before a audible gun cock filled the room to get their attention.
Code:
*TSK!* "Annie Leonharte. I understand that you are to be an ally in this mission but I will have to ask that you don't use such powers on this mission. They already have enough armed focus to march on a major European City. They see you stomping around, they might even deploy Heavy Armor Units just to take you down. I think it goes without saying that would counter productive to our efforts to say the least." *TSK!*
RE: Evacuating the Civilians

As he tried to mask his annoyance at Ghost once again speaking out of line, Violet felt his PDA go off in his pocket, opening it up before seeing Katya's message.
While he did find her choice of team amusing (Largely because it looked like a team HE would draft), he still spoke out with the following:
"Attention, Katya suggested that we send in a unit to evacuate the citizens before going ahead with the mission. While it would make our lives easier, the fact of the matter is that because of the number of ground forces in the area and the fact that a large amount of the civilians are under Bison's control, it's not possible at this time without gaining the attention which is so vital we avoid. On top of that, I'm un-certain if the time frame we have for this operation would allow it. Odds are whatever way this Town Hall meeting goes, Bison is going to go back underground so we need to make the most of the opening we have now. We might be playing right into his hands by not evacuating them, but the fact is that if Bison is allowed to escape here, we might not get another chance at him."

RE: Bison's Tech

This lead onto another topic that Dream, Kalastryn, Boss and Icarus were talking about, namely shutting down the technology that Bison and his allies were using.
"On the topic of technology, the Cyborgs in the area would most likely be largely autonomous with a connection to their base of operations. For the police it would be the police station and for World Marshall, it would be their corporate headquarters. Now, it might be possible to affect that connection and cause havoc for the police units, Send mis-information, possibly affect their bio-metrics, but that would require heading to the police station and accessing the secure network. While we have the technology and skills, it's quite a detour and runs a risk of blowing our cover. The same goes for the Military Cyborgs, only that would involve breaking into a much more secure network and building. As for Bison himself, I know that he has used technology to increase his power beyond his normal limits but as far as we are aware, he does not seem to have such technology deployed. The proliferation of political attack ads and other such materials allowed him to get a similar effect, The "Snowballing" I told you about earlier."

Checking his watch, Violet then asked "Alright any more questions before we set up the drop off point?"

Kalastryn

What is "normal?" Sounds dumb.
Legacy
Dec 18, 2012
Country
United States of America

"Alright any more questions before we set up the drop off point?"

"Actually Doctor, I do have one additional suggestion regarding our strategy. Would it be possible to send in a lone operator to attend his... "meeting" as a diversion while we infiltrate the building in a manner that isn't the front door? If he wants to talk, or at least has gone on televised record saying he wants to talk, should we talk with him? At least while everyone else gets into their position of choice. I could volunteer myself for this, as I can see little real consequences that he could do to the immortal in the room. I could see how he might have a "set" for televising it and therefore he might use it as an opportunity to frenzy people outside, but if we were to go for a stealthy approach from the roof we should be able to minimize collateral damage utilizing such a method. It's your call of course, but I'd very much like to have a little chat with Bison before his inevitable downfall. It should take his focus off of the building's exterior, at least long enough for everyone else to get inside perhaps..." She muses, waiting for the reaction to her suggestion.

"While I agree that some strategic planning is better than only knowing an entry point and a goal, that would be overly optimistic and I fail to see the merit in sending someone ahead alone. ARES retorts "He knows that we're coming for him-"

"Which is why this is potentially a good course of action. From the perspective of our target, I could foresee a few things tonight given our recent methods. First, the crew of the Rising Dawn would be coming to apprehend him. Not a lone member of said crew to converse with him diplomatically. Second, were I in Bison's position having one person from the group I've been labeling enemies of the country I plan to dominate, unarmed to converse with on broadcast to his followers I would leap at the opportunity. For the reasons that as a politician, he's stated prior that the Rising Dawn the enemy and he's done nothing to incur our wrath... as well as the power Bison has feeding off of negativity, he could likely skyrocket his efforts forward off of what he assumed prior to be a last defense. However, since his power seems to feed off of hatred and negativity, it might give chance prior to the encounter to challenge that source of power through fostering empathy from his supporters. In recent days we may have destroyed MIT... but we made certain that civilians were evacuated from the fallout... and discovered a number of weapons being produced beneath the grounds. and disarming one of his subordinate's attempts at bombarding the very country he claims to defend can hardly be ignored. All in all, sending someone like myself to actually converse with the man alone on... a 20 minute head start, might just allow us to blindside him. A stealthy approach which otherwise would be pointless, because he already knows we'll be there."

She concludes, letting the information sink in.

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010

Icarus lowered his head feeling like a spoiled brat for demanding his own agenda being pushed forward.
"I volunteer on the stealth strike, I can be relatively quiet and with my illusions I'm almost impossible to detect by people. I've learned quite a few-[color=9f2c68]Tricks[/color]" He could see the surprise of others as his voice was the exact tone of Kazuya. Icarus smirked and had the face of the demon CEO, though that mischievous grin partially ruined the image. Icarus wiped his face with his sleeve dispelling the illusion, he seemed to enjoy playing with them
"That was probably in Bad taste, hmm upon reflection Maybe I should accompany Kalastryn, I could potentially serve as a good distraction, If Bison thinks he has Kazuya trapped after all he may let his guard down. and I guarantee I'm alot more stable then he is right now."

Meanwhile:
Rising Dawn: Medical Bay: Kazuya, Medical Staff, ??????
A strange entity entered the Medical bay, covered in a black cloak and a deep hood, he moved by silently a large Raven sat dutifully on his shoulder, the stranger approached the Demonic CEO noticing the IV bag, which was feeding him something likely illegal to keep him comatose. He looked over at the security cam he nodded at the Raven which flew up and the video feed was obscured. Smirking to himself a hand reached out and tweaked with the Drip. The CEO began to stir seeing a man in with a hood and a raven mask, the person waved gently as he slipped off the mask hanging it form his belt then very slowly pulled off the hood and the Entity revealed a familiar face, he may have looked older, with a sand colored beard with a bit of dark hairs mixed in.
"Hello Kazuya, I feel it's time we had a lil talk" Dillon said aloud.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Hangar Bay
"Ah, Will, the one thing that puts humanity in ascendance even above the angels. Some crazy man said that once."
Sloth | Shitload of Other Folks​
[hr]

Sloths entrance to the hanger ultimately shouldn't have come as any surprise to those that knew his nature: It was careless, half-assed, and was done without any intention of actually drawing any attention to himself. What surprised him, however, was the fact that it did exactly that, at least with one of the group.

It was a woman that spoke up to him, one that he had to admit was, conventionally, gorgeous. Not that his tastes ran along those lines. Not that he had any particular tastes as far as that went to begin with.

"Well, I think you arrived just in time ... for some check-ups. Good morning, my name is Dream. Say, are you protected against mind-control?"

Dream? He was tempted to ask if that was her real name, because it made her sound like a stripper, or a porn-star. Lust would have naturally approved, but Sloth couldn't really say he cared one way or another. After all, who was he to judge, since his name was Laziness?

"Hmmmm... I'd suppose you could say so." he said at length, reaching up to rub his chin with his hand still tucked into his overlong sleeves.

His gaze quickly flashed to the front of the group and the large screen as the others continued their briefing regarding someone or something they kept referring to as... Buffalo? Or maybe they were talking about an actual buffalo. Apparently this Buffalo had taken over an entire city, zombifying the population via godawful TV commercials, and had a real bone to pick with the crew of this ship.

On top of that, he had some sort of counter-magic tech, something that Sloth was reasonably sure wouldn't affect reality being bent by a being that was inherently tied to reality itself, or at least an aspect of reality. In fact, he was around eighty-percent sure. Maybe seventy-five. On top of that, he had cyborgs and a largely autonomous army.

All-in-all, he wasn't really interested in their plan of attack, but at the mention of evacuations, he looked up with mild, sleepy interest. Evacuation was likely a better use of his powers, and wasn't likely to make him overexert himself. Granted, it'd also make it less likely for him to get killed, but that was a wash. The only reason he cared about dying was because reforming himself was kind of a pain in the ass when he was otherwise needed.

"I'd like to volunteer to help with evacuations if that's alright. I'd be more helpful with that than a battle. I'm not really much of a fighter." He called out after raising his hand.

[hr]
The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Med Bay
"Don't touch the tail!"
Farber | Ruby | Others​
[hr]

One of the things that street urchins like Farber was good at was hanging in there in a pinch. In this case, literally. But even he wasn't used to hanging onto the bottom of a bed for very long. Usually when he was in that kind of position, the idiots that got him there went away because they figured he was long gone.

In fact, he was starting to wonder just how much longer he'd have to to that, since his arms and feet were really starting to hurt, and he didn't like keeping his tail in his mouth to keep it from slipping out onto the floor where everyone could see. When is everyone just going to lea-- he thought, just before he felt tendrils snaking around his arms and legs.

"Gah, lemme go! Gerroff me!" he cried out and struggled, letting go of his tail as he was dragged bodily out from under the bed by whatever it was that had grabbed him.

Before he knew it, he was being held up in midair in front of the little girl that was sitting on the bed. And he was being held up by ribbons. That meant magic. Both that and what she said made him pause to stare at her.

"You'll never eat my... feet?"

"... Why would I wanna eat your feet?" he said quietly, before a subdued rumble from his tummy made him groan, "'specially 'cause my stomach hurts..."

As he looked her over a little more closely, he had to admit, she was kind of cute. And since she was holding him up with ribbons, she had to be able to use magic too. But she wasn't an Ish, he could tell that much. In fact, she didn't quite look like the other not-Ish that he ran into there, so maybe she was different from them too? How could he know? This place was really, really weird.

It wasn't long before she lowered him down to his feet, and he rubbed his wrists where the ribbons had wrapped around them.

"Um... hi? I'm ... sorry I thought you were something else. You didn't see anything else under there with you did you?"

With a frown, he shook his head, completely forgetting about his plans to escape. He had to wonder why she thought he was after her feet.

"Uh... No? There was just me. Bit of dust, some crumpled up thingy." he said, before holding out a slightly grubby hand, "I'm Farber."

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
Stage 2: Rehashing the Past
[hr]

"Attention, Katya..."

The sound of her name being called out caused the young woman to freeze when the realization that a multitude of eyes had turned and focused their attention solely on her. Anything that Doctor Violet had said was lost in the haze of unsettling stares that caused a riotous upheaval in Katya's mind. Were she in a state of mind that would have allowed her to propose a modification to her initial plan, she would have suggested that a large strike force create a distraction using a feint assault or called in a bomb threat to the Denver Capital Building thereby causing the local forces to concentrate on sweeping the Capital Building while M. Bison was evacuated to a secure location and the civilians were isolated from the ensuing combat. The later idea would have been ideal since Bison would have likely been secured in a relatively isolated location away from the Denver Capital Building. The problem was that the Rising Dawn's Resident Geek Girl could think of neither of these ideas.

B3WP was slightly confused by the recent change in his mistress' behavior. None of Little Miss' medical records suggested that she'd ever suffered from Social Anxiety Disorder and yet, when the nano-agents took into consideration what stimuli was causing the young woman's erratic behavior, the swarm concluded that the medical changes they detected could not be a result of anything else. In an effort to mitigate the stress generated his host and mistress, B3WP sent several million of his component agents to the surface of Katya's skin, covering her in a thin film that acted like a pixel array. Utilizing data on her surroundings, each of the agents emitted a corresponding amount of light which in turn generated an image of what was located around the Rising Dawn's Hacker which in turn rendered her invisible to the naked eye. While it was a fairly complex task to perform, the results were fairly simple as they only masked Katya visual detection. Other methods, such as Infrared Heat Detection would defeat the camouflage in fairly short order.

This wasn't the purpose of generating an invisibility cloak however. Its purpose was to comfort B3WP's mistress, calm her frayed nerves and sooth her rushing thoughts. As soon as the mistress noticed that she was unseen by the crew, she began to relax. Her heart and respiration rates decreased dramatically and her brain activity settled after a moment.

"
Code:
Little Miss, I could not help but note your recent anomalous behavior.  According to the pattern that I am seeing in my monitors, you have been suffering from anxiety triggered by social interactions.  This behavior has not been previously noted in any of my logs.  Are you feeling alright?
" B3WP asked his mistress.

"[color=CC8899]I wat? B3WP, I've always had issues with social anxiety. You know this and you know how it all started. I told you.[/color]" A confused Digital Drama Queen muttered under her breath, loud enough for only B3WP to hear.

"
Code:
If you would, Little Miss, could you please repeat the story?
"

"[color=CC8899]... Sure...[/color]" Katya Rostikova sighed, remembering the incident all those years ago, "[color=CC8899]I'd been taking fencing courses since nine years old and I was getting pretty good at it, good enough that I was beating my older and more experienced students that had been studying for years. One day, the instructor had me spar with a new student. I was cocky since I thought that he'd never picked up a foil in his life. I was going to make mincemeat of him... but... he beat me... soundly. He disarmed me each and every time before pressing the tip of the foil against my chest. He... he laughed at me. The others laughed at me as well... they...[/color]"

The young woman could feel her cheeks flushing from the memories, the stinging of the tears that welled up in her eyes. It had been a total embarrassment. It wasn't until months later that she found out that the young student that had attended the class had been studying for years longer than any of the others had... that he'd been brought in to embarrass her and teach her a little humility. They had embarrassed her alright. From that moment on, whenever she saw any of her classmates, they had a look of quiet bemusement. They enjoyed seeing her so thoroughly trounced. They laughed at her behind her back. They...

"
Code:
Little Miss?
" B3WP's neutral voice chimed in, "
Code:
There are no records that exist showing that you have ever attended a fencing course nor have you mentioned this in the past.  A functional scan of your brain shows new clusters of neural activity but no damage.  I will remedy this for the time being.
"

"[color=CC8899]W...wait, B3WP. What're you saying? Wh...[/color]" Katya started to ask before she felt a strange tingling in her skull, "[color=CC8899] What are you doing?[/color]"

"
Code:
I am blocking the memory centers that you accessed while recounting your story, Little Miss.  Now is not the optimal time to be suffering from such a condition.  We shall revisit this after the upcoming mission...
" B3WP's flat voice responded as the world began to fade out.

[hr]

Avatar Adventures | The Airship: Rising Dawn | Shipping and Receiving
Dinner and a Movie?
Ruby Babbage-Lovelace | Farber​
[hr]

There was a certain amount of relief that Ruby had based on the fact that the little boy that she'd fished from under the bed appeared uninterested in eating her feet. The kid, who called himself Farber, had sort of mischievous quality to him but more importantly, he had the smell of magic upon him. Though she still had yet to totally trust him, due to her finding him under her bed for some unknown reason, she still had to show him some respect until he proved himself unworthy of that trust. The ribbons loosened their grip upon the young Ish's wrists and waist as he was lowered to the ground, his feet making an audible slap against the bare metal floor, highlighting the fact that he wasn't wearing shoes.

"... Why would I wanna eat your feet?" he asked quietly, before a subdued rumble from his tummy made him groan, "'specially 'cause my stomach hurts..."

Ruby opened her mouth, a long explanation as to what SCP-072 sat on the tip of her tongue before she swallowed it. The young boy had the looked rather confused and not only that, the disturbing tale of the phenomenon that would feast on a person's feet whilst its victim slept was probably not the best of topics given Farber's stomach pains.

"No reason. There must have been some reason why you were hiding under my bed. Eating my feet is as good a reason any." The bookishly smart young girl said as she commanded the ribbons that coiled around her like snakes to tie themselves up into little bows, "I'm sorry your stomach hurts. One of my moms would give me baking soda whenever my stomach hurt. It tastes pretty horrible but it helps" Ruby said with a smile before lowering her voice, "[small]Plus it makes you burp REALLY loudly.[/small]"

The Nine Year Old Girl in the Pink Dress realized that she was still standing on the bed, her courage not quite strong enough to allow her to jump down to the ground without some sort of reassurance.

"Are you sure you didn't see anything down there?"

"Uh... No? There was just me. Bit of dust, some crumpled up thingy." Farber answered reassuringly before holding out a slightly grubby hand, "I'm Farber."

What a nice little gentleman! Taking the young boy's hand, Ruby hopped off the bed and turned to the Ish child before.

"I'm Ruby, Ruby Babbage-Lovelace. It's nice to meet you Farber. Maybe we should see about getting you something for your stom-" The girl started to say before her own stomach interrupted her mid-sentence. Unlike Farber's digestive issues, Ruby's was caused by a lack of sustenance in her belly. It was a nice bit of coincidence that it was as likely to find Baking Soda for Farber's stomach as it was to find good for Ruby's stomach, "and probably my stomach also."

Without waiting for Farber, Ruby headed towards the door and saw a rather large map plastered to the wall. Walking up to the directory, Ruby could see that the hospital was rather large, massive even. Curiously, the hospital had a design that was rather similar to a large ship than a traditional hospital. Given the massive amount of hyper expensive medical equipment Ruby saw, she might have been taken to a research hospital. There was even a section labeled engineering (Probably where the medical equipment was designed and manufactured).

"Maybe the Canteen is where we can find food." The Nine Year Old Cutie Pie muttered before turning to Farber and smiling her biggest smile at him, "You coming Farber?"

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
Broken Doll
Hustatov esti;
Dolores Selmy

ime and time again I found myself wishing to speak out. As Katya retreated within herself I could see the stress on her brow. She looked sad. Violet finished his report and deployment was imminent. My hands felt clammy. I longed for the comfort of those white gloves I had once wore so many, many years ago.

Then Katya began to disappear.

I could feel my breath catch in my breast. I ran forward, pushing through some passing engineer staff, through the throng of heroes. By the time I reached where Katya was she was already gone. I could still feel her though I could not see her. I could hear the song of her breath and blood. I could still feel her pulse, the being of her person. She was here. She had not vanished, only become concealed.

Something about watching someone disappear, melt away, had pulled at something within my heart. I didn't want to lose anyone. Not again. Not again. Not again.

I crashed into her. I could feel her back, it wasn't quite as broad as Molli's and her shoulder blades were shorter, more like my own. It was soft, but underneath I could feel the strength of her muscles. I grabbed her and hugged her tightly, I pressed my chest so hard against her that I could hardly breathe. I was so afraid, so afraid that someone had disappeared that someone I... I... I...

It's as if it happened before. I fought back the tears and loosened my grip. I leaned into Katya, I felt her. I held her warmth. The radiance of another person. Never in a hundred years would I imagined that I could get so attached to someone so quickly. She felt soft in my hands. I ran them down across the cloth of her shirt and held them loosely at her abdomen. She was still standing stiff, but I didn't care. She was still there. Even though my eyes could not see her, she was there.

"Kat, Kat... Kat don't go..."

[hr]

Misunderstood Intentions
To seek truth is to invite deception.
Carefree Daughter

Naamah whistled in response. She shivered and shook her head.
Code:
"They are not."
Naamah purred softly,
Code:
"Be calm."

Sithmorack

May the Flames fade...
Mar 19, 2012
Rising Dawn: Never ending Halls of the Rising Dawn.

He had been wandering around the airship after Ryan's fight with whatever her name was. He hadn't cared to really listen and Shadow didn't recognize her. "I said I was sorry American dog. What do you want from me??" Speaking of the annoying Russian, he wouldn't stop speaking to him. Most people that were consumed ended up having a voice but none had nearly as loud of a voice as Shadow. [color=848482]"Yes I know you are useless. Now just SHUT UP."[/color] He really needed to find a solution to whatever was happening to him. He couldn't keep up his disguise if he was constantly just spacing out.

He had heard the announcement over the intercom system but he had no clue where the place was at and Shadow had a poor layout of the aircraft too. Wait... Ryan was most likely at the meeting already seeing as he could teleport. He sent out of a pulse searching for Ryan before receiving his general location. He began sprinting at super human speeds trying to just end up at his location, sending out a few more pulses every time he was lost. "Dog, you're going the wrong way." How hadn't he realized it yet? Agent supposed Shadow at least had some uses.

He had arrived to one of the doors leading to the hangar. What would blend in and make it look like Shadow was entering? [color=848482]"Probably something stupid I assume."[/color] This was followed by. "Fuck you too American Dog." This was going to be embarrassing but he supposed it would help him blend in. So he rushed head first into the door making a rather loud resonating noise within the hangar and making a slight dent in the door. What was this stuff made out of? Most other doors would've fallen in. He backed up and purposefully stumbled through the doorway. "Ah, comrades! I hope I am not too late to participate in the mission??" He yelled out while disguised in Shadow's voice.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009

RE: Distraction/Inside man approach

Violet listened to Kalastryn's suggestion of offering herself as either a decoy or even as an inside man...er, woman, as well as Icarus's suggestion he pose as another viable target of Bison's wrath.
"While I don't think I need to explain the dangers, I think it could be a good idea-"
Code:
*TSK!* "Oh please, she's just offering every last one of them a chance to give a lead bukkake to herself and whats-his-face
(Icarus)
Code:
and should we have to rescue their asses, it'll give her would-be boyfriend Bison all the time in the world to get away!" *TSK!*
"Well do you have any better ideas?!"
Ghost actually seemed to backdown at that statement, but not before saying
Code:
*TSK!* "If you two want to hand yourself over, fine, but I'm also in this operation and I don't like taking risks when ain't getting paid to. You can do what you want, but don't rely on my unit's support when you do so. Get your "Friends" to help you, I'm sticking to what little plan the prick in pink over there has." *TSK!*
RE: Evacuations.

"It's not pink! It's Violet! There is a Difference!"
Violet managed to walk himself back from an outburst right when Sloth offered to assist in evacuating the civilians, Violet looked a little uneasy before saying "Alright then. A large amount of the forces are based around the capitol building so you shouldn't encounter too much resistance outside of that area. I will say this, remember what Ghost said: People affected by Bison's brainwashing can be freed if you get rid of the source of his link. Tv's, Speakers, Campaign staff, whatever. If there is one of those in your area, you should see to him before sending people out of harms way. If anyone wants to help Sloth, they are free to but I would still like the bulk of our team focused on the main mission. Evacuating the population won't mean much if Bison gets away here."

Once the last batch of Q&A was over, Violet checked his watch again before saying "Alright, that just about wraps it up. I'll get the drop off points set up. We can drop you into the city not too far from the capitol but it would effectively put you behind enemy lines. Luckily, we have a bunch of cover stories for both drop off."
Once he said that, he then held up a roll of tickets to the Denver Zoo and to Coors Field Baseball Stadium.
"...Not the best cover stories, I know, but I was pressed for time. I'll keep an eye on you though G-Corp's Sat Array, it should allow me to relay data on target positions to you all."
Right after he said that, Ghost then walked up in front of him, another rude interruption as he said one last thing:

RE: Taking Bison alive (or Not)

Code:
*TSK!* "The stakes are pretty high here people. I know that in an ideal world, we could just slap a bunch of handcuffs to Bison and cart his ass to jail, but that isn't our world. The Enemy is close to achieving their victory and we are not going to let that happen. The second the situation starts to go to shit, I want all units to engage with lethal force against Bison. I'd imagine that it would be a lot harder for him to take over if he's dead. It won't go down well, he'll put up a fight and we might all be labelled as international criminals for killing a US Politician. But it's better to ask for forgiveness rather then permission. Now, as a wise man once said:" *TSK!*

*TSK!* "Shut up, Clock in and Load Up." *TSK!* [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoIUutGSGdE&feature=youtu.be&t=14s]
[HEADING=3]And with that, the briefing was over as they went to save the world...again....[/HEADING]

-Sorry again for how long this arc has taken, I put a lot of effort into it with different situations, outcomes, event flags and I even made several endings!
But if you feel it is going on for too long (Which is understandable), I can set up to have it end after this engagement. There is another "Bonus" chapter set about taking down Armstrong's plan for office after Bison was taken care of but if you feel that I've have the GM position for too long and should give someone else a turn, let me know in the chat.

-There are 2 spawn positions: The Denver Zoo [http://www.uncovercolorado.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2012-11-15-Denver-Zoo01.jpg] and the Coors Baseball Stadium [https://thebigchilicookoffevergreen.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/coors-field2.png], both of which has been marked on the map. You will arrive at both locations by a tour bus so post accordingly or you'll disrupt the balance of the universe. Both areas are "Safe" so they will be normal for the most part, aside from some NPCs bitching about the city lockdown and all the armed guards.

-There are 3 types of enemies: Brainwashed Mobs, Police Units and Military Forces:
>For those wanting to do evacuation, you will want to go to the Brainwashed Mobs and then shut down whatever method of brainwashing is being used. That will instantly break Bison's hold and make the crowd peaceful. But be careful, they are literally wielding torches and pitchforks and will try to stop any attempts to break the mental link while it's still active.
Not that is still more of a side objective but I will give bonuses and rewards if you do them which might make tackling other units easier.

>Police Units are more awkward to deal with. While they have Cyborg technology, they are still human with all the downsides that brings. Hell, play your cards right and you could even talk your way out of a ticket. They will give a verbal warning before attacking so use that chance to deal with the situation rather then "Fight the Power" and bring unwanted attention.

>Military Forces are more machine then man and cannot be reasoned with. They will attack and detain (But mostly attack) anyone who gets in their way. While it is possible to hack isolated units to either control or disable them, it's not possible to hack more then one at a time thanks to World Marshall's security measures. They specialize in melee combat and use their augmentations to render hostiles into meaty chunks while their armor and subsystems make them extremely durable. Avoid if you can.

-The goal is to get into the Capitol building while avoiding/dealing with any units in the way. I've numbered them so when moving your characters or going anything, let me know what number it relates to or at least what street/path you are taking. Also, keep an eye out for other players going after the same number unit, because Teamwork is the best work!...or...something.
And keep track of which of your characters are at which unit.
While it might seem confusing and unnecessary to do this, I have different enemy layouts and tactics for each unit so it makes my life easier which allows me to make your life easier and your character's lives either easier or harder :p

-And as always, if there is any questions, queries or suggestions, I'm open to all via either AA Chat or PM

Edit: Added mention of Violet providing Mapping Data

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Collaboration with [user]Texas Joker 52[/user]
Avatar Adventures | The Airship: Rising Dawn | The Hangar
Morning
Diana | Sloth | Rugal | Everyone else

Diana listened to her questions being mostly answered by Violet, while further looking Sloth over. Her question if he had protection against mind control was answered - but not as precisely as she had hoped.

"Hmmmm... I'd suppose you could say so."
What was that supposed to mean? Only one way to find out ... ask more.

"You suppose you could say so? What is that supposed to mean?" Diana asked. And she added, beginning to get curious about the fellow: "... would you mind me testing it?"
Sloth stayed as he was, mostly apathetic, even in answering her: "Huh? Yea, sure, why not?"

An open invitation to read his mind. She would not really have guessed. But then - it apparently was Sloth. Diana looked over the other people in the briefing room, while slowly making her way into his mind. And she actually could read his thoughts, nothing was stopping her, even though his mind felt quite sleepy, and his thoughts seemed to be behind a thin haze.

Sloth did not even react at first, his thoughts going to all kinds of places, mostly related to sleep, none of them about mind-reading, even though she had announced it beforehand. Eventually he started to answer her in his mind, obviously having noticed her activity:

"Hmmm? Oh! Right, you're reading my mind. Sorry about that, I was thinking about something else."
"Huh. You took some time to notice. I would have thought you would try to block it off immediately."
was her answer. Well, immediate thoughts were easy, especially if he did not even try to stop her reading. So she tried to go further, searching his mind for his fears, and maybe if he had some kind of secret.

His answer was ... unusual, to say the least.
"Uh... Whatcha lookin' for?
Fears? I don't have any. Never really needed 'em."

"Never needed 'em? Well, that is certainly convenient for you. I think most people wouldn't need them, but they still have some."

Time to work her specialty. Looking at what he preferred ... in beauty.
"No preference.
... Actually, scratch that. I prefer 100% cotton, though wool will do in a pinch. In neutral colors, though I don't really care about patterns. Full spread, and a quilt, plenty of pillows. And that new memory foam stuff is really nice. King size would be ideal."

"Uhh ... you prefer beds? Well, aside from that ... I can't tell if you actually block something, or if you just are this bland. Guess I'll try to search your memory for ... what exactly you are doing on this ship."
"Oh, there's no need to do that. I could just tell you."
"Alright ... well, I would be interested certainly. Before that, though ... do you have anything that could be considered a secret?"
"Hmmmm... Not really. You can ask whatever, but I can't say I'll answer. Not because whatever it is would be a secret, but mainly because I might not feel like it."
"You're certainly an odd one. I like this style, though.
I guess you also just talk back and do nothing when someone tries to control your mind?"

"Why should I try and fight back? There's not much point."
"Uhh ... what? So you would be controlled, just not care about it?"
"Not really. I can't be made to go against my nature. And if I decide I don't want to do something, then I won't do it."
"... I guess people would just give up frustrated if trying to control you."

This protection against mind reading and mind control was ... nothing she had experienced before. It did not not work, it just ... rolled off. It was tiring. Made her feel like she should not even bother. He clearly was not human or something close to it, despite his appearance. But well ... he was open enough to answer some of her questions, apparently, so why not just ask?

"Well, that does, I think, conclude at least the test I was trying to do. Even though I'm still not really sure what to make of the answers ...
Anyways, so ... are you really Sloth, a personification of the vice?"

"Yup."
"And what exactly are you doing on this ship?"
"At the moment? Trying to ignore a really boring briefing."
"I can understand that, but I meant generally."
"Oh, right. My mission. See, there's a lot of people in one place on this world that don't really belong here. Lot of 'em are powerful. So, I'm here to make sure that... Something... Doesn't happen. Whatever that might be."
"Huh ... that sounds quite interesting. At the same time ... you really don't know what shouldn't happen, do you? And it's not just keeping order?"

Rhetorical questions. Sloth did not even answer. For Diana, Sloths mission was interesting, at the same time, it did seem weird. Why would Sloth be on such a task? Protecting ... the earth? Or something, at least.

"And why is it you, Sloth, who wants to prevent the thing?"
"Well, I'm the leader, aren't I? It's my responsibility, whenever the Vices get called in. I don't like it, but I gotta live with it. Well, figuratively speaking."
"Who did call you in?"
"The Powers That Be. Oh, and Pride's the one that kicked me here."
"I ... won't pretend I understood much of that.
I just guess these powers are ... godlike in nature? And want to preserve some kind of balance?"

"Oh, the Powers That Be are kind of like the thing that holds the fabric of reality itself. They're both more, and less, than Gods. They, or it, has the power to hold everything together, but don't have the power that Gods do to act on it. Or mortals for that matter."
"... that sounds weird. But important. And just thinking about it, I guess it ... they want to prevent some kind of tear in the fabric of reality, which maybe could happen with lots of people who can manipulate forces of nature in one place."

She was betting on something like that. There were a lot of measures in place to keep Novas from abusing their powers - and there were a lot of Novas who wanted to abuse her powers.
This ship? The people on here seemed to be much more than just Novas ... mutants, so to speak. They could warp people through their eyes, throw out people of their mind casually, just get invisible - she had noticed Katya disappearing. She was betting that these were not even the most powerful abilities.
And if a vice was sent here as some kind of protector, that could mean a lot. How did she even get here? This did not seem to be her earth. Reality was already not completely stable.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"Well, thanks for letting me speak to you ... in your mind. It was certainly interesting. I think I have no further questions. If you want to ask me something, go ahead."
"Hmmm... No, not really. I'm good."

Pretty much expected after what he had told her.

"I guess I'm not that important in the grand scheme of things. Suits me just fine.
See you around."

"Sure."

Diana took her eyes off Sloth - apparently she had, at the end, forgotten to glance around. Would not be much of a secret that she was a telepath, but well - she never liked many secrets anyways. Just ironic that the power she normally used more, and more openly, was still hidden.

Part 2: Planning stage

Even though the thought-dialogue went by much faster than one that would use actual words, some time had passed. While Katya had disappeared, Selmy was now hugging invisible air ... making it pretty obvious where Katya had gone. Diana furrowed her brows about the display, then looked back to the briefing.

One, pretty relevant question, was still not answered for Diana, so she asked it: What the actual objective was: Killing or kidnapping Bison?
Luckily, the *TSK!* guy answered the question pretty well. Not trying to kill him at first, but when the situation was about to go to shit. If experience was any indicator, the situation would go to shit. So ... the objective was to take Bison dead or alive.

After that, she looked over the map and mission detail. Her plan was as following, which she decided to share:

Start at point 1. Look at the mob at 2 to get a rough picture of how a normal person in this area would look like. Then change into a casual bystander, pretending to be a fan of Bison, trying to casually walk by Police unit 1 and Military force 1. Thickened skin for protection.
Trying to get close to Bison without upsetting anything.

Optional: Sneak in or fly in as a bird. Problem with these options: Changing back into human would likely get noticed and set an alarm off.

Discuss who wants to join.

Before starting the mission, there was one thing Diana wanted to do:
Speak with Katya. And for this, she walked next to Selmy, casually greeting her, before scanning the invisible place for Katya's mind and reading it.
If she was not thrown out at first moment's notice, she would proceed to look at what her ideal of beauty was.

Sithmorack

May the Flames fade...
Mar 19, 2012

Rising Dawn: Hangar ? Still Pretty much Everyone

Agent had places to be, it was better to get this show on the road. ?Alright comrades, I will be back after I change into disguise.? He said as he headed off to change into something less conspicuous.

[color=848482]?Now what should I go in as??[/color] He asked himself while looking in a mirror. ?Dog, I have an idea.? Shadow said while projecting an image in his mind.

[color=848482]?Yah, that?ll do.?[/color] Agent replied as he began shifting his body. A mass of tentacles shot out of him before eventually receding back into his body revealing his new hooded form. He was somewhat sad that he?d have to leave Shadow?s sniper behind. It was one hell of a weapon.

?Comrades! I am going to the surface, do any wish to accompany me?? He yelled out as he entered the hangar once again in his new disguise. ?We will be stealthy like wolf stalking deer.?

Denver Colorado ? Stadium ?

A WILD BATTER APPEARS

He had followed the source of evil to the city, the source of impurity that needed to be purified. It was resonating throughout the city and he had tracked it here. He had gotten a few odd stares but nothing else. He looked at the closest sign.

E 21st Avenue

That? Told the Batter nothing. With having learned nothing from the sign, he simply moved towards where he could sense it, slowly making his way towards the capital.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008

As soon as Violet and Ghost were done, Edge practically jumped out of his seat. "Boss, which end are we deploying on?"

"Coor's field." Boss said. "It's closer to Bison."

"[color=00ad83]I'll deploy from the zoo.[/color]" Insano said. "[color=00ad83]I have a plan for dispersing the mobs, but it's back in my quarters; I'll be right back.[/color]"

Edge nodded. "I still need to see a man about that sword. Boss, come on."

Because this bit turned out a lot longer than I intended.
Boss shrugged, and rose from his seat. "I guess I'm not doing anything else."

Both of them walked past Violet and Ghost (who were still bickering about the minutia of the deployment) and towards the armory. A tall, dark-skinne man saw the two of them, and waved...to Edge. "Edge! Buddy!" he said, coming over. "I haven't seen you in forever, how've you been?"

Edge looked confused for a moment, then his eyes twinkled with familiarity. "Billy! Goddamn, I thought you were dead!" Edge pulled Billy into a hug. "Where've you been?"

"I'm one of two dozen people with medical training, so they stuck me in the nurses station." Billy said.

"I'm standing right here." Boss said, waving his arms.

Edge turned around. "Oh. Billy, this is-"

Billy extended a hand to Boss. "Kevin Williams. We've met before: you teleported us from that...castle to the G-Corp building?"

Boss snapped his fingers before shaking Billy's hand. "Ah! Now I remember! Good to see you again!"

Billy nodded, and turned back to Edge. "Not to be to blunt, but what are you doing over at the armory? Are you lost, or-"

"I'm looking for a sword. That one I used on that thing?"

Billy thought for a moment, and nodded. "That big-ass HFS, yeah. I remember. Come on, I think I've got something we can spare."

Edge and Boss followed Billy through the armory-past racks of pistols, rifles, grenade launchers, all kinds of body armor, and more exotic weapons, and into a back room separated from the rest of the armory by a large blue tarp. In this room were any kind of melee weapons a person could want; knives, bayonets, swords, axes, clubs, nunchuks, tonfa, pikes and spears, and even more oblique weapons. Billy pointed to a rack where three large, futuristic blades [http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/metalgear/images/9/9f/MGR-ArmorBreaker.png/revision/latest?cb=20140115003639] were propped up. "These are Armor Breakers." Billy said. "But I think we've got something that won't cramp your style so much." From a separate rack, Billy picked up an unsheathed blade [http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/metalgear/images/1/1c/MGR-FoxBlade.png/revision/latest?cb=20140115003703]. "Found this in an abandoned military base in Alaska. The science team isn't sure if this is a custom mod or a prototype, but it's definitely a HFS. The engine isn't in the right place, so the vibration is erratic, but it'll cut through nearly any kind of fortification-armor, concrete, steel beams-like it was paper. Just make sure the blade is always pointing away from you; we haven't figured out how it's powered, let alone how to turn it off." Billy handed the blade hilt-first to Edge. "It should help you against those military units you'll encounter, if nothing else."

Edge nodded. "So I have to carry it around?"

Billy shrugged. "'fraid so, brother."

"That's a fair tradeoff." Edge said. "And at least it's lighter than the other one."

Billy smiled. "I'm glad you like it." Billy's smile faded, and he looked troubled for a moment. "Hey, Edge...could you...maybe do me a favor?"

"...I can try." Edge said, confused.

Billy hesitated for a moment, then said under his breath. "I need you to do something about Armostrong.[footnote]Billy used to work for Armostrong, as detailed here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.101127-The-Escapist-Avatar-Adventure-An-Open-RP-Now-Re-Opened?page=809#20921989]. He has reason to go to any lengths to make sure he isn't in charge of the most powerful military in the history of the world.[/footnote]"

"Why is there a scimitar on top of this staff?" Boss asked.

"It's called a Guan Do, Boss." Edge said, still facing Billy. As though asking, Edge quickly drew a finger across his throat.

Billy nodded. "If you can." he said. "Armstrong...isn't an ordinary man. And my gut tells me that he might be enhanced."

"Who would use something like this?" Boss asked, still oblivious to the conversation Billy and Edge were having. "A giant?"

"Incidentally, yes." Edge said. "We should go. The others aren't going to wait long."

"I can teleport us-" Boss began.

"You're going to want to save your strength, as much as you can." Edge said. "You know how dangerous Bison is."

Boss shrugged. "I guess you're right."

...later...

Denver: Coors Stadium

Edge and Boss sat on the beaten-up old bus; Edge staring out the window, Boss flipping through a pamphlet he'd picked up somewhere. "So you're gonna kill Armostrong?"

"Yeah." Edge said. "Is that a problem?"

"Not at all." Boss said. "I trust your judgement."

Edge said nothing the rest of the way to the stadium. "Alright, everybody-" the driver said. "Pile out. And for the love of God, don't do anything stupid out there."

Denver: Denver Public Zoo

Insano stepped out of the bus. He'd converted the rail-rifle he'd gotten at MIT into...well, still a rail-gun, but one capable of launching larger projectiles now. And around his waist he had no less than ten overly-large canisters filled with-

"[color=00ad83]I BROUGHT FIREWORKS![/color]" Insano said, grabbing one of the canisters and loading it onto his rifle. "[color=00ad83]I'm hoping they'll daze the crowd long enough for us to snap them out of it, and maybe draw some of the hostiles away from the other group so they can get to Bison faster.[/color]"

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
in Pain
Of all the things that I see, none are so fine as the things that I do not.
The First Lieutenant

olores - a name drenched deep in pain - brought forth into the world born of the darkness of indifference. How lovely does that word sound - Dolores. A word dripping with equal amounts venom and self-loathing. A beautiful sound, a beautiful name. Dolores stood next to those Heroes she loved so much, to fight for the justice she held so dear to her fragile heart.

She let down her hair, long strands of spun gold that hung lightly in a half-circle behind her hips. "Blending in?" In the company of these colorful characters that they called 'heroes' Dolores was far beyond well suited for the endeavor. She was a short girl - blonde with green eyes - with lips of soft pink and a gentle demeanor. Aside from her dress shirt she already looked completely normal. There was no need for her to disguise herself. Still Dolores' voice wavered with uncertainty. Every breath seemed like a question.

To that end she fell back, leaving Katya where she stood. Dolores stole back into her room and changed out of her Rising Dawn uniform into her civilian clothes. They felt strange on her, too light, too revealing. As she returned to the hanger, she tugged gently on her top and adjusted her jacket. She knew well the cold of the mountains, her mother used to send her off to the Sierra Nevada when she had to go overseas.

Her fleece jacket clung tightly against her figure and made her look larger than she was. She wore a heavy cotton skirt and long wool stockings. She had switched out her boots for a pair of sneakers, the old ones she used to wear, a pair of well-loved grey Brooks. Underneath her cold-weather jacket was nothing more than a cotton camisole. She did not own any dresses anymore. She had tied a cashmere scarf around her neck.

She left her P2000 in her room. She hoped dearly that she would not come to regret this decision.

She sent a memo to Violet through the Rising Dawn's intranet on her smartphone. The message was simple. It thanked him for the chance to participate and noted that she was going to deploy at the zoo. She took a long lingering look at the heroes as they started to organize and mobilize.

Then she boarded a VTOL - EIV 023 that was heading down to the bus' entry point. She smiled at the pilot when she entered. "Hi Cecil," she said politely. She remembered him from the Support Unit team building events. He was getting on in years, forty-eight years and counting, a wife and three children. A good soldier, but a brilliant pilot. He had rich olive skin and thick black hair. His mustache especially reminded her of the bristles of a walrus. Crows feet lined his grey eyes. Not the type of man you would pen for a combat pilot, he looked more the part of a grandfather, but his strong will and good humor made him a welcomed addition to any of the teams.

"Be careful down there," Cecil said kindly.

[hr]

Dolores arrived at the zoo entrance from the bus. True tourists filed out behind her to the attractions. Yet, she stood still at the entrance, the cold air of the morning misted her breath. Insaneo screamed loudly as he made his own exit from the bus. Dolores shook her head and said to him meekly, "Master Researcher, we should be keeping a low profile..." Afterwards she turned south and started walking. The breeze tousled her hair as she walked. When she reached East 17th, she turned west and continued. In this twisted mundane world - she fit right in.

She walked until she came across a large group of people crowding the street. "Is this the mob that Violet was talking about?"

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
Stage 3: Taking the Field
[hr]

"Kat, Kat... Kat don't go..." A distant and slightly familiar voice said through the haze that enveloped the mind of Katya Rostikova.

Go? The young 18 year old girl wasn't going anywhere. The false memories that could not be reconciled with existing historical records on the other hand were quarantined, as if they were some sort of invasive program infecting the Hacker's mind. This included the woman's whose voice was begging Katya not to go.

"
Code:
I apologize for this, Little Miss.  But you will be thanking me in time.
" B3WP stated flatly in his mistress' ear as he continued to monitor her vital statistics, noting that the young woman's EEG readings were starting to match previously recorded readings.

"
Code:
Little Miss, are you feeling alright?
" B3WP queried, waiting for a response before he would drop the cloak.

"[color=CC8899]Fine, B3WP, why do you ask?[/color]" The Rising Dawn's Tech Support Team asked in a rather chipper voice. There was a slight pause as Katya looked down at the First Lieutenant hugging her waist, "[color=CC8899]Why is this chick hugging me?[/color]"

As if sensing the sudden shift in Katya's mind, Selmy released her and ran off into the corridor, leaving Katya alone with the strange woman who went by the stripper name of Dream. Dream was staring at her, though not really at her since the Rising Dawn's Viral Vixen was cloaked.

"[color=CC8899]You know, if you took a picture, it might last you longer[/color]" The Almost Twenty Year Old Troll quipped casually, not realizing that Dream was actually scanning her mind for Katya's definition or ideal of beauty was. Given the nature of young woman's mind, being overloaded with media, it might have been easier if the Sexual Shape Shifter had asked because rather than being bombarded with a series of images.

So it seemed that while Dream was going to have a rather easy time reading Katya's mind, there was going to be a period of adjustment while she got used to the pace at which the young woman's preferences changed from one second to the next. Now was probably not the best time to be thinking about that however, not because it was time to depart for the mission, rather perhaps it was because an unseen figure's hot breath could be felt next to Dream's breasts as someone who was cloaked was doing a visual inspection of the goods... and possibly a physical inspection... though if the Rising Dawn's Human Resources department ever inquired about the groping, Katya would deny any and all knowledge of the incident.

A wistful sigh could be heard passing Dream's position as the perverted mind of Katya started moving towards one of the waiting VTOLs. The cloak dropped to reveal the Hacker turned touring vacationist ready to take in the sights that was Denver, Colorado. A hooded and fur lined winter's jacket topped a loose white silken blouse that complimented the dark tights worn by the 18 year old pain in the ass. Topping it off was a pair of leather fur lined shoes fit for a woman ready to take on the mile high city.

"[color=CC8899]You know... you look kinda familiar... have you been in any movies?[/color]" Katya asked mischievously, indicating she didn't mean the family friendly variety.

[hr]

Avatar Adventures | Colorado | Denver | Denver Public Zoo
Insertion
Katya Rostikova | Zoo Team​
[hr]

Standing outside of the bus, Katya Rostikova wondered how it was that she'd been teamed up with the insane Doctor Insano of all people. While he might have been a genius in the realm of things scientific, he clearly didn't have a mind for being subtle... well neither did Katya but she had left her Maliwan Volcano back aboard the Rising Dawn simply because it was too big to carry around without drawing attention. Here we had Doctor Insano hauling around a Rail Gun of all things. A carrying a weapon that couldn't be concealed was practically waving a sign around declaring their intent to start trouble.

"Master Researcher, we should be keeping a low profile..." The Lieutenant that had been hugging Katya muttered.

"[color=CC8899]Seriously, Doc. Do what the cute chick says and knock it down a notch, would you?[/color]" The hacker echoed as she took a look around.

[hr]

Avatar Adventures | The Airship: Rising Dawn | The Canteen
Hardly Hardy
Rory Mercuy | Eddie the Dead | Naamah​
[hr]

Hardy, Goddess of the Underworld, was something of a prankster in the world where Rory Mercury hailed from. The chittering and chattering Imps that moved between tables, through the doors to the kitchen and within the kitchen itself were her ideal minions. Smelling of sulfur and ash, these short and fiery beings did not have the appearance of having been designed with servitude in mind, rather they looked like they'd been built for larger and stronger demons to throw at their opponents. Naamah's answer did much to quell the nervousness that Rory felt in her bones.

"I forget that without an apostle in this world, Hardy has no power here." The Young Looking Demi-Goddess said as her smile returned to her lips. Of Hardy's twelve apostles that served her during Rory's first period of service to Emloy, only one would have remained while the others would have ascended. Only Giselle, who styled herself as Rory's rival, would still be around and given the dragonoid's penchant for destruction, it was good that she was still in the Special Region.

She was still waiting for food of some sort when she heard voices coming from the direction of the door that separated the Canteen from the Airship's Corridors. The childish voices sounded rather cheerful and playful, like two children that had been like long friends. The doors swung open suddenly, knocking over one of the imps that happened to have been carrying Rory's food.

"Ooops! Sorry!" Ruby said as she looked around the Canteen, looking for where it was that she could order food.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
The Escapist Avatar Adventures | Denver, Colorado | Denver Public Zoo
"Does this outfit make me look fat?"
Sloth | First Lieutenant Dolores | Insano | Ryan & Co.​
[hr]

Once the briefing was concluded, Sloth saw no reason to not simply get on board the nearest VTOL aircraft without any regard to where it was actually going. After all, as far as he was concerned, the whole city would need to evacuate from the upcoming trouble. Right?

On the VTOL itself, the flight was only long enough for a short, blissful nap. The following bus ride afterwards wasn't so long that he could let himself drift off to sleep again, however, and fighting the pull was hard. Sleep was peace, something that he greatly desired as opposed to the upcoming mission.

But by the time the bus had stopped, he was halfway-awake, and he stepped out behind two of the others that had piled in with him. And as he stepped out, it was with complete confidence in his disguise. To the others, he may as well have gotten it from the ether, and he had no intention to tell anyone how he had gotten it. His earlier discussion with the telepath, Dream, had reminded him that he really was entitled to a few secrets, and he saw no reason to divulge how, or where, he had gotten his brilliant outfit.

When he stepped out, he wore a neon orange vest with neon yellow stripes over his normal, dusty robes, and had a pitiful looking red stop sign clutched in one hand. All-in-all, he felt that he looked like a perfectly official crossing guard. There was no way anyone would feel that he was out of place, especially for evacuation efforts. It was foolproof.

"Alrighty. Let's save some townsfolk." he said to no one in particular.

[hr]
The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | The Canteen
"As a street urchin, you can't trust grown ups. But other kids..."
Farber | Ruby | Naamah | Rory | Eddie The Dead | Others​
[hr]

As the cute little girl who had snagged him from under the bed asked why he was down there in the first place, and explained her mothers remedy for an unhappy belly, Farber glanced around the room at the others that were there. No one else seemed to be making a fuss about him being caught, so he supposed he shouldn't have been scared at all.

She slipped off of the hospital bed and took his hand after he offered it and introduced herself.

"I'm Ruby, Ruby Babbage-Lovelace. It's nice to meet you Farber. Maybe we should see about getting you something for your stomach. And probably my stomach also."

Ruby Babbage-Lovelace? That, along with her really fancy dress made him wonder if she was some kind of nobles kid. The idea was enough to make him wonder if maybe it was a good idea for someone like him to be around her, but she seemed nice enough.

"Maybe the Canteen is where we can find food. You coming Farber?"

With the grin she gave, he couldn't help but shrug and smile back.

"Sure, sounds like fun!" he said, rushing after her with a lighthearted laugh.

It didn't take them long to get there, especially as a pair of children rushing through the hallways at a run, weaving though the sparse crowds of grown-ups like they were part of some obstacle course. By the time they got there, Ruby had flung open the door, knocking over some weird, red-skinned creature.

"Ooops! Sorry!"

Farber couldn't help but frown at whatever it was she had knocked down. It had been carrying some sort of tray, so did that make it some kind of serving... Thing? It also looked rather familiar, what with the pointed ears and tail...

"What is that? Some kind of really sick Ish?" he asked as he bent down next to it and poked it tentatively with a finger.

Sithmorack

May the Flames fade...
Mar 19, 2012
Rising Dawn Hanger: Still Mostly Everyone

Agent had seen the woman approaching and internally sighed. He had hoped Shadow's natural annoying behavior would ward off most other members. "I resent that you damn capitalist pig!" Agent refused to acknowledge that statement and instead focused on the female approaching. She appeared friendly enough despite her spider like appearances. In fact, some beings would say she looks extremely attractive. Agent's sex drive had been completely ripped out of him when he became an evolved however.

"Why hello there, fellow member of the Rising Dawn. You may call me Elise, and I would be happy in taking the liberty in joining you love." Agent watched her somewhat curiously as she made her introduction followed by her extending her hand. Her hand felt slightly off from a human. Elise's hands felt odd, tougher than human hands should be. Agent however could replicate fabric and human skin alike. Making his hand feel just like a normal human's as he grasped her hand. Staying in character he continues. "Ah yes, I am Shadow. I am glad you have taken me up on offer. It is good to have help during these times."

He let go of her hand as Elise said. "As the wolf prowls, the spider lingers to successfully snatch it's prey ...all before the wolf realizes what has happened." "Then may the wolf be quick enough to get his prey first." Shadow replied as he began heading towards their ticket into the city.

Denver Coors Stadium: Shadow, Elise, Not sure who else?

Agent stepped off the bus and slightly pulled his hood lower. "Which route do you think we should take, comrade?" He asks turning back to Elise, Taytum stood slightly behind him and was still happy as ever. "Ah yes, I may have forgotten to mention Taytum will be coming. She is my companion that can turn into weapons. She is very helpful."