The Escapist Forum Badge Gallery - [ WE HAVE MOVED... AGAIN ]

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Good to see Zombie_Fish finally doing some work the new gallery finally go up.

Excellent work, but I have one question, do you see BBcode when you close your eyes?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Thank you for not removing the special thanks section. I always feel good seeing my name there. This group has done a lot for me, I'm glad to have returned the favour.
Since it's a continuation, people who contributed to the old thread have still contributed to this thread, so they still deserve recognition. However, I think I'll be a bit more strict on who gets into the section than it used to be, simply because so many people have contributed between the two threads and the group that listing them all there would be far too much work and would require a lot more characters.

Sevre said:
Good to see Zombie_Fish finally doing some work the new gallery finally go up.

Excellent work, but I have one question, do you see BBcode when you close your eyes?
Hey, I do work stuff!

And no. But after how much Computing coursework I've done this year, my dreams are now executed in VisualBasic.NET.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
omega_peaches said:
I have a badge called "Shurikens and Lightning"
How did I get it?
I got that too, I also got another one called "Branston Pickle". Dunno why though, it's a little bit weird. :p

Also, on the Regular and Landmark badges, the months should be 12 and 36 respectively, not 13 and 37.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
omega_peaches said:
How did I get it?
bdcjacko said:
I just got some Branson pickles, I don't know why...
They're giving out badges for watching specific Zero Punctuation episodes, from what I've seen. Virgil says that ten are going to be coming out over the next few days, as they are being implemented one at a time. This is going to be a fun week.

Sassafrass said:
Also, on the Regular and Landmark badges, the months should be 12 and 36 respectively, not 13 and 37.
It's 'Has posted in more than 12 months' and 'Has posted in more than 36 months', hence 13 and 37 months. You're not the first to get confused by it.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
What's this "Charismatic Stallion" badge? Looks kind of like the Ferrari logo.

EDIT: I guess it has to do with the badges you mentioned just now, nevermind.

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
Zombie_Fish said:
omega_peaches said:
How did I get it?
bdcjacko said:
I just got some Branson pickles, I don't know why...
They're giving out badges for watching specific Zero Punctuation episodes, from what I've seen. Virgil says that ten are going to be coming out over the next few days, as they are being implemented one at a time. This is going to be a fun week.
Will they be added to the list at some point?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Milo Windby said:
Will they be added to the list at some point?
I'll add them to the list once we have all of the badges. It's simply to save time sorting out where they go in the list as well as the descriptions with them (why we're also holding off announcing them in the group).

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Do you have an explanation for why they don't all show up on a guy's list when they've seen ALL the ZP videos?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Do you have an explanation for why they don't all show up on a guy's list when they've seen ALL the ZP videos?
Firstly, you need to be signed in when you watch the videos, which is why I'm missing a few badges. Also, the servers could just be taking time to recognise it, and some of the badges still need to be implemented, as each badge has to be introduced to the system and users one badge at a time.

Other than that, if you are still missing some of the known badges by this time tomorrow and you have seen all the videos whilst signed in, feel free to contact a staff member about it.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
FalloutJack said:
Firstly, you need to be signed in when you watch the videos, which is why I'm missing a few badges. Also, the servers could just be taking time to recognise it, and some of the badges still need to be implemented, as each badge has to be introduced to the system and users one badge at a time.

Other than that, if you are still missing some of the known badges by this time tomorrow and you have seen all the videos whilst signed in, feel free to contact a staff member about it.
Good to know, though I will say I keep myself signed in all the time, really.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Good to know, though I will say I keep myself signed in all the time, really.
I leave myself online all the time as well, it's just that a lot of the old episodes of ZP I watched before I made an account on the site.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Question here: I watched pretty much all the Zero Punctuation videos but only got the 50 views one. What did I do wrong? Do I have to watch them 100%? I usually click away when there's only the credits/fade-out left.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Thedutchjelle said:
Question here: I watched pretty much all the Zero Punctuation videos but only got the 50 views one. What did I do wrong? Do I have to watch them 100%? I usually click away when there's only the credits/fade-out left.
You don't even need to hit the play button on the videos, you just need to open the page with the video on it. Aside from that, you also need to have watched the episodes signed in and I think there was also a certain date round about May 2009 which you needed to have watched the videos afterwards as that was the point that they started tracking what videos you watched whilst signed in.

If you've done all of those things then I don't know why you don't have those badges.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Zombie_Fish said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Wasn't there supposed to be special badges for watching the ASTW season finale? I watched it, and never got one, but according to Virgil in the Tech Group they were available. I guess you had to do a magic dance or something.
I don't actually know what's happening with those badges; I don't even know of anyone who has recieved a badge, including the guy who made the series, even though they were awarding on the first night. I may bring it up with the Tech Team tomorrow to see if some error occured after the first night, but not now since the staff are offline to my knowledge and I'm tired enough as it is.
Is there still an issue with the Limited Edition AStW badge? I got it last week sometime.

Excellent new badge gallery by the way ;)