The Escapist Forum Badge Gallery - [ WE HAVE MOVED... AGAIN ]

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
(Sorry for spamming this thread with Badge reports.)
*shrugs* Some of our admins find it useful since they can just copy the code from the posts, so if you keep it up then I have no problem with it. I personally don't do it for reasons I won't go into now but I'm probably the exception as I also have to look after this thread instead of just making announcements.

Also it keeps the thread active, which is useful as guides like this can be a bit slow from time to time.

As for the badge, I need to be offline for an hour or so, but I'll put it in the announcement after that.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Isn't it sad that I've been here since 2009 and have over 1000 posts and I still don't have the I can has friend? badge?

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
medic said:
The Spinning Button eludes me... ;)

12/20/11 Update: it finally worked for me today. The page rotated in Firefox and I got the badge.
I have never been able to get it to work on Windows or Linux, on Chrome, FireFox, or IE. What's the trick?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
AdmiralMemo said:
medic said:
The Spinning Button eludes me... ;)

12/20/11 Update: it finally worked for me today. The page rotated in Firefox and I got the badge.
I have never been able to get it to work on Windows or Linux, on Chrome, FireFox, or IE. What's the trick?
For some people it just doesn't seem to work I think. It doesn't work for me either on any browsers, whilst for other people I know it can work on pretty much any browser (officially it should work in every browser).

EDIT: Just tried it now and it seems to have finally worked for me. If you leave it long enough it may start to work, but I wouldn't know for sure.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
TopazFusion said:
(I hope you don't mind, but) I think there might need to be some corrections made . . .
Zombie_Fish said:
WoW Timeline[/B] - Read 1 / 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 articles
This doesn't work for me. It just comes up blank.
It might just be my browser, I'm not 100% sure.
I've just tested it on my Browser (Firefox 3.6.6) and it still seems to be working fine. I assume it's a browser thing as it doesn't work in Chrome.

Zombie_Fish said:
Escapist Birthday Quiz
Perhaps this needs a "(first result)" after it, since you can't re-take the quiz if you don't ace it the first time.
Zombie_Fish said:
Oscar quiz[/B]
This link is wrong (gives a 404 message).
It should link here.
Cheers for pointing those out. The Oscars Quiz one was simply a misplaced quote mark which inadvertently lead to making a dead link.

Zombie_Fish said:
Issue #210[/B]
Issue #261[/B]
Both of these don't work for me, they just take me to these two pages respectively, and they don't give the badges.
It seems that the Tech Team cleared out a few of the old events on that page, which makes sense as it was possible for people to get Christmas and Valentine's day badges without having made their account before then. I'm heading off to a lecture in a few minutes but after that I'll get in touch with the tech team and see if they can add those two again.

EDIT: Since I haven't yet received a response from the Tech Team about it, I'm assuming those two badges are now unavailable and have moved them accordingly.

And for the record, I don't mind corrections at all. With over 600 badges to keep track of, there's bound to be some mistakes there which I fail to notice.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Regnes said:
Just out of curiosity, are you still eligible for the thread badges if you edit the thread's topic partway through?

Like say you have 6,000 views in a thread, you slightly change the title to be more specific, then gain another 4,000 views, would you still get the 10K badge?
Yes. I edited my 110k view/1000 post thread Op quite a few times.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Zombie_Fish said:
it was possible for people to get Christmas and Valentine's day badges without having made their account before then.
Speaking of which; were there any Valentine's day badges this year? I don't remember there being any.
Valentine's Day badges were only used for 2009.

Regnes said:
Just out of curiosity, are you still eligible for the thread badges if you edit the thread's topic partway through?

Like say you have 6,000 views in a thread, you slightly change the title to be more specific, then gain another 4,000 views, would you still get the 10K badge?
Yes. The servers don't keep track of how many people viewed since you last changed your OP (as far as I know) and if they do it doesn't affect how long it is until you get your badges.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008

A Year of Miracles
Celebrating one year of amazing music by Miracle of Sound!

I'm assuming this was awarded to everyone. Or maybe only those who posted in the one year anniversary MoS video thread. Not sure since I posted in there.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Got bored. Decided to nitpick.

That section with the Amazing Topic, On Fire and all that junk is a little wrong. You need 'over' the given number of posts/views for all the badges, like with Regular/Landmark and Forum Vagabond. So 51 replies, 1001 views, etc.
Changed. Not that it would've mattered as those numbers increase so fast anyway.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Zack Alklazaris said:
Where did this badge come from?
Halloween Extravaganza [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/halloween.php]. Just watching the videos linked to from it gives you the badges.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
I also noticed that these two weren't in the Badge Gallery yet. Maybe you didn't put them in yet because you were waiting for the review spotlight badge to come out, but here are the badges in case if you'd like to put them in.
The past month has been a bit hectic between starting Uni again and trying to sort out my CV, hence this thread hasn't seen much updating recently. I'll try and work on it some time this week (possibly tomorrow morning if I have the time).

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Lola Lazerface said:
I just got the F badge. What does it even mean? I have done nothing worthy of mention, much less a badge.
It's for watching the Zero Punctuation: Amnesia episode of the Week of Freak [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/halloween/]. Watching the episode will get you the badge, regardless of how you accessed it.