The Escapist Presents: Tour the Fortress

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
CaptainCrunch said:
ColdStorage said:
Mr.Wiggles said:
Nice to see some of the people who dont often get a chance to star in videos!
Indeed, sound guy had a face on him like "ITS MY TIME TO SHINE!"
I actually show up pretty often, but rarely say anything memorable. I was really excited to show off my awesome Batman picture though, since the guy that drew it is one of a handful of people I've met who share my opinion of the latest Bat-films.

(Shameless plug: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUNNIES-ON-FIRE/114144352737 )
The reason people don't remember you is because you don't have awesome facial hair, if you had a handlebar moustache people would be like "thats the sound guy with the awesome facial hair!", and whats wrong with the new batmange films?.

I expected every picture on that Facebook account to be on fire, I was dismayed when that was not the case.

Edit, I wrote "also facial hair" instead of "awesome facial hair", thats some amateur shit right there!, although at least I know how to use the quote function on this site.

Djed Moros

Jun 7, 2010
City Tech on the desk? That's some serious old school!
Rest just looks like my working place minus tons of books. :)
And coffee cups. The lack of those really ruins the credibility of the video.

Nevertheless, happy birthday Escapist, thanks for the tour and five years of awesome and refreshingly deep gaming journalism!

Egitor

Jan 28, 2010
Very awesome workspaces guys, I'm jealous :)
(also, tell Lauren she's cute!)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
CaptainCrunch said:
ColdStorage said:
Mr.Wiggles said:
Nice to see some of the people who dont often get a chance to star in videos!
Indeed, sound guy had a face on him like "ITS MY TIME TO SHINE!"
I actually show up pretty often, but rarely say anything memorable. I was really excited to show off my awesome Batman picture though, since the guy that drew it is one of a handful of people I've met who share my opinion of the latest Bat-films.

(Shameless plug: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUNNIES-ON-FIRE/114144352737 )
They did a picture for me, too!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUNNIES-ON-FIRE/114144352737#!/photo.php?pid=4108767&id=114144352737

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Virgil said:
We do have our own conference room though, and a room where we keep the tech workbench/supplies, our fridge, and the TV/consoles. It's kind of a mess though - we don't really hang out in there or anything.
Room with tv/consoles and food, read as don't hang out, but rather live, except for the ocasional pizza and music concerts I take, the secret is exposed!

Anyway here the wishes from the southern place for many many years to come, you guys have a great vibe that surely reflects upon the site itself.
\o\ |o| /o/ Long life Escapist~

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Very cool vid! I have faces and voices representing usernames!

Many happy returns Escapist, long live thou!

Nenad

Mar 16, 2009
Awesome video guys! I love how everyone has something personal where they work.

P.S. Buy Funk a shelf :D

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Am I the only one who thought Mr. Macris' head was too large for his frail nerd body?

Also coolest office ever, if I'm ever down in NC we are going to have the most epic Nerf battle ever in the history of forever (I call dibs on the Longshot). And uhh why did Susan's shirt change like 4 times?

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
ColdStorage said:
The reason people don't remember you is because you don't have awesome facial hair, if you had a handlebar moustache people would be like "thats the sound guy with the awesome facial hair!", and whats wrong with the new batmange films?.
Actually, I was rocking the handlebars before it was cool. Just saying.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/1197-Holiday-Memories
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-show/1059-Episode-51-Viewer-Questions

As for the new Batman films, just PM me for explanation.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
fanklok said:
Am I the only one who thought Mr. Macris' head was too large for his frail nerd body?

Also coolest office ever, if I'm ever down in NC we are going to have the most epic Nerf battle ever in the history of forever (I call dibs on the Longshot). And uhh why did Susan's shirt change like 4 times?
Some folks weren't here the first day we filmed, so we caught the stragglers on the second day. So, yeah, you see me wearing two different outfits.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Wow. You guys are awesome. Working there must be fun, but seriously, I had no idea a website (even one as good as this one) needed so many people. And, even though this might sound piggish, there seems to be a very high number of extremely attractive women working there. Good going guys.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Djed Moros said:
And coffee cups. The lack of those really ruins the credibility of the video.
When we turned the lights on to take the video, people started cleaning up their desks :p

Also, the coffee from the break room is not very good, so drinking it is usually an act of desperation. Only Trujkin is dedicated enough to grind and brew his own in his office.

Nenad said:
P.S. Buy Funk a shelf :D
Funk is a big boy, he can get his own shelf :p

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Steve Butts has a pretty epic mustache... so does Russ in fact... are handlebar mustaches a "thing" at The Escapist? Or is this like a North Carolina "feature"...

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
I'm not sure who's workspace I like more.. George Palmer's or John Funk's...

Looks like an amazing place to work, I envy you guys.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
I know it's because you filmed on multiple days, but I still loved it when Susan went "bam" and she had a bright pink top on, I was like, ok that was pretty random xD

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
Fascinating look into your workplace, organised chaos huh?

Also, that workplace had more hot people working there than a bad Spanish soap-opera. :p

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
wooty said:
That place is a veritable foam armoury, amazed theres not been an invasion looking for weapons of mass distraction.
The armory is simply beautiful, but most of us have our own stash. :)