The Escapist SF IV Throwdown: CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER, WIN A BADGE!

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
rottenbutter said:
My money's on Nil, because quite frankly, he scares me far more than anyone else.
I'm scared too, scared of how badly I'll crush his spirits when I defeat him. Ah well, sympathy is for the weak. Beating Logan will be like that time I perfected all of my roommates in Soul Calibur 1 using the Dreamcast Fishing Controller.

This is a true story.

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
Nil will prolly sweep the tourney

Tom has my vote, the underdog is always a good bet

*cough* not

I'll bring my Dragon so it can eat the loosers

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Why He'll Win: Logan's a wuss, Endo's a has-been and Funk? He's Funk, that's all I gotta say. I win by default.

Keane, pretty much cuz of that.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Haha, Nilcypher stands no chance. The default 360 controller? Vega? What the hell? It's like he's purposefully handicapped himself.

Keane Ng wins. Psychocrushing space nazis, tournament edition sticks and the best reason to win.

Though if my Zangief were there, even he'd probably be begging for me to quit piledriving him. Over and over and over again.

Gregorius

May 28, 2008
Why do you insist on making me choose between Bison (Keane) and Vega (Logan) ?
I've been a Bison fan forever and Vega... well, Vega was alright. Too much flippy-skippy-triangle-jumpy bullcrap for my tastes, but his character design is still amazing.

I'm throwing my ticket in for Keane and Bison. Character design be damned; if he can dart across the screen in a blue-and-purple superpowered streak of awesome, he wins my vote.

Ralackk

Aug 12, 2008
Keane Ng said:
rottenbutter said:
My money's on Nil, because quite frankly, he scares me far more than anyone else.
I'm scared too, scared of how badly I'll crush his spirits when I defeat him. Ah well, sympathy is for the weak. Beating Logan will be like that time I perfected all of my roommates in Soul Calibur 1 using the Dreamcast Fishing Controller.

This is a true story.
Well you get my vote for that.

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
Come on, Nilcypher! Why are you reading this?! You're supposed to be training for the match!

Oh, wait, he doesn't need training, scrubs.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Give me a 'T', giv me an 'O', give me an 'M', give me an 'E', give me an 'N', give me a 'D', give me an 'O'! Gooooo Tome!! Yay!

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
John plays world of warcraft, the amount of dexterity that takes is rather astounding.

My vote goes to the man who can't fake the funk!

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
If you fools think Nilcypher is going to win with a broke ass 360 controller you would be wrong. I wish him luck even trying to do a charge move with that piece of junk.

In other news, I'm playing Rufus as a handicap. Ryu isn't even an option - TV's explode when my Sanwa parts infused Hori EX2 starts busting out quarter circles.

I went to Tokyo for the SFIV launch, laughed at Daigo Umehara and proceeded to lay the smack down on J-Towns best. I tried to register for Evo2k this year and they told me I could only be an observer because there wouldn't be a competition otherwise.

I bet you think Sheng Long was an EGM April Fool's joke - Wrong. I am Sheng Long. Capcom designed Sheng Long for me to lay the smack down on their ineffectual SFII Turbo play testing team. I was so ridiculously good they modeled the Super Street Fighter version of Akuma off of my worst match with Sheng Long. I think I got hit once.

Vote for anyone you want. I'm going to be laughing my way to victory regardless.

j.c.

Feb 26, 2009
Gotta vote for anyone using the standard controller in a tourney.
Go Vega Go.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
So we just vote for someone on the list and we get a badge for it?