The Escapist's Webby Wins

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
As a veteran of many gaming sites who only recently started looking properly into what you guys here, I can say without a doubt that you thoroughly deserve it. This site does a lot of things right, and really differentiates itself from the usual fare of reviews and forums.

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
oh hell yes!

gaming as a lifestyle being chosen can only be a good indicator...

also, this site deserves these cookies for winning

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Khushal said:
Tonight we celebrate your victory!
Better than dining in Hell, I guess :3

OT: Congrats guys... I think everyone should be at least given a celebratory badge :D

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Well, three out of four ain't bad, especially since winning the (Judge's Choice) Best Lifestyle category was a bit of a no-hoper. I'm still unclear why The Escapist was nominated for lifestyle, but oh well. More nominations means more awards.

Nenad

Mar 16, 2009
I speak for everyone here at The Escapist when I say that, as much as the endorsement of the Academy means to us, your votes mean more. Thank you for supporting The Escapist, and thank you for continuing to believe in what we do.
I love you too Escapist :3

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
Congratulations! This is such awesome news.

I will celebrate this end with party rings, bottles of fizzy pop and party poppers. NO HATS. I am not in my hat phase right now.

Party rings are awesome *nom*

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wow guys, congratulations, really. You truly deserved it and I'm glad to have done my part by voting. I love you guys!
I'll drink to you tonight, cheers!

Ham_authority95 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Ham_authority95 said:
Russ Pitts said:
The Escapist's Webby Wins

The Escapist brings home three awards, including one to celebrate games as a lifestyle.

Read Full Article
WOOT! GO ESCAPIST!

By the way Russ, you spelled "The Escapist" wrong in the final paragraph.
Because of that, the Webby is being taken away!

NOOO!! We'll lose our reputation of being grammar-nazis! QUICKLY, BAN EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T USE THE PROPER "THERE"!!!.
Not a bad idea actually...

Eclectic Dreck said:
metal mustache said:
Eclectic Dreck said:
The Joystiq podcast was stunned that they were losing to you guys. The threatened to quit the show if they couldn't win.
lol thats funny shit. who the hell is the joystiq podcast? If they're so big why haven't i found a link to them or something
The podcast of Joystiq.com. Both the website and podcast have a very high level of popularity but it would seem they simply do not foster the kind of support necessary to mobilize people to win things like this.
Or we're simply the best ;)