The Fallout 3 Marriage Proposal Mod

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
A girl telling me she's going to be my post-apocalyptic love slave while wearing that sundress? Time to run screaming for the hills, pound on the vault 101 door begging to be let back in.

Nah, any effort like this is cool, and my best wishes to the couple.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Creeeeeeeeeeeeepy...

EDIT: But nice of the modder(s) to do it, I suppose.

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
I always love these video-game-marriage proposals. It makes me happy that people can express their love through the medium. Takes a lot of work and usually is pretty creative way to do it. Seriously, if a girl proposed to me by having a mod made in Fallout 3 in which she proposed, I would be the happiest man on the planet.

But I do agree the voice acting kinda made me want to cry, and the whole "Wasteland Love Slave" thing was a bit much, but the thought it still there.

PublicNuisance

Sep 4, 2009
I say the guy is very lucky. He has a girl that went out of her way to find a creative way to propose although for comedic value I would of liked to see hims say no.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Sparrow said:
Love or not, someone needs voice acting lessons.
HAHA yeah at the end she sounded like an erotic kind of serial killer or some shit.
I completely agree, but it wasn't just at the end though. She was kind of moaning and throwing in some "oh" and "ah" and I was actually liking it :p

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I love how they used Bioshock 2 website Radio Static

This is a creepy proposel though I must say.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Malygris said:
The Fallout 3 Marriage Proposal Mod

A woman looking for a unique way to propose marriage to a hardcore Fallout 3 fan came up with an unusual but rather cool idea: She talked the community into making a mod for her.

The plan started all the way back in June, when Bethesda forum user PuffyPuppy asked [http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1000697] if there was any possible way she could propose to her boyfriend from within Fallout 3. After a few twists and turns it was suggested that a mod for the PC version of the game would be the way to go and, modding types being what they are, the game was soon afoot. With voice files provided by the hopeful bride-to-be, work began on the 1+1=1 mod, which was eventually completed in August.

The mod is a fairly straightforward "damsel in distress" rescue mission, with the victim proposing marriage once she's saved from a vicious gang of Raiders. There's a vague creepiness about the whole thing, although I can't tell if I'm gazing into the uncanny valley or just stumbling over the "post-apocalyptic love slave" line. Whatever the case, he said yes, she cried, they kissed and everybody went home happy. Ain't love grand?

Source: Rock, Paper, Shotgun [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/09/03/the-fallout-3-marriage-proposal/]

I'm surprised considering in Fallout three i killed pretty much anyone who gave me a mission straight afterwords, she proposes, he turns her into goo, she becomes heart broken.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
As soon as she spoke all I could think of was bringing out the flamethrower.

The wastes would be a better place without her.

Gramzon

Aug 18, 2009
that was just creapy, but who wants to propose through a game?
this is just way to nerdy :p

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Maybe I'm evil, but I'd of laughed if when she proposed he switched to vats and blew her to pieces.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Sparrow said:
Love or not, someone needs voice acting lessons.
Yea, and I bet her closest relative resembles Moby Dick (a.k.a the big white whale lol)