The Fast Track To Internet Infamy

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Well, I can tell that this discussion si going to be perfectly civil, pleasant, and polite.

(Seriously though, people; be nice.)

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Bob 'PC-Gaming-is-Dead' [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2911-PC-Gaming-Is-Dead-Long-Live-PC-Gaming] Chipman, surely?

C'mon! Let's give old controversies some love and be smug in hindsight.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
HAHA! Well they do say go big or go home... but isn't getting a billboard kind of counter productive to the whole "get free advertising" idea?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Welcome to the wonderful world of being accused of being a SJW Erin ... or should I say ...

Welcome to Hell!
Nah, you'll probably like it, I mean Jim and Bob do get shit upon, but they deliver trucks and destroy whoever oppose them, bwahahahaha!

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Queen Michael said:
Well, I can tell that this discussion si going to be perfectly civil, pleasant, and polite.

(Seriously though, people; be nice.)
That's like asking starving lions not to rip apart that poor defenceless zebra.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Lees' hair is quite preposterous, isn't it?

It must run about while he's sleeping and then before he wakes up it goes back on his head so that he doesn't notice.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Erin's boss has it wrong. Erin doesn't need to say anything inflammatory. She nearly needs to continue that sentence about diversity and by the time it hits the web, it'll BE "all white men are rapists."

As someone who evidently is "infamous,"I should know!

MarsAtlas said:
I don't know how neither Cory or Grey ended up on that list, after WGDF.

Quick, guys! Free publicity, just release a new WGDF!
Baffling, innit? I would think they'd be public enemies #1 and 2 with the response that got.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Acting like a dickwack grants you free advertising. EA was right all along!!!

Sotanaht

Mar 6, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Erin's boss has it wrong. Erin doesn't need to say anything inflammatory. She nearly needs to continue that sentence about diversity and by the time it hits the web, it'll BE "all white men are rapists."

As someone who evidently is "infamous,"I should know!

MarsAtlas said:

Baffling, innit? I would think they'd be public enemies #1 and 2 with the response that got.
No, a sentence about equality would be pretty much ignored on either side. If a SJW says it, #gamergate will just pass over it in favor of cherry picking the hatespeech. If someone on the #gamergate side of things says something about equality the sjws will pass right over it and slander them with muh-soggy-knee anyway.

Hover Hand Mode

Sep 14, 2013
The internet hates my two favorite Escapist contributors. Great!

(I disliked Sterling when he gave Kid Icarus Uprising a 5/10. But Jimquisition is great, so whatever.)

MarsAtlas said:

Yes. Do it.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
You need only have the first panel for this to be a masterpiece

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
What white men do in their spare time is their own business: can they make good games?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sotanaht said:
No, a sentence about equality would be pretty much ignored on either side. If a SJW says it, #gamergate will just pass over it in favor of cherry picking the hatespeech. If someone on the #gamergate side of things says something about equality the sjws will pass right over it and slander them with muh-soggy-knee anyway.
Dude, I don't think you know who you're talking to. As an internet infamous SJW who has been labeled "the worst of the social justice warriors" for pointing out things like the fact that women have served in wars, I think I've got a pretty good grasp on what it takes to start a shitstorm.

Actually, one need not look further than Anita Sarkeesian, a woman who could read the ingredients of breakfast cereal and still get hatemail based on it.

Hover Hand Mode said:
(I disliked Sterling when he gave Kid Icarus Uprising a 5/10. But Jimquisition is great, so whatever.)
How do you dislike a person for a single review? Did he compare Uprising to Hitler or something?

Hdawger

Jun 8, 2010
Even though I still enjoy the comic to some extent, I find it hard to take the political stuff more seriously once I discovered how large of a hypocrite Grey is. Using the Gaza Defense on why we shouldn't talk about corrupt journos just weeks after ridiculing the Gaza Defense is incredibly asinine.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
Hdawger said:
Even though I still enjoy the comic to some extent, I find it hard to take the political stuff more seriously once I discovered how large of a hypocrite Grey is. Using the Gaza Defense on why we shouldn't talk about corrupt journos just weeks after ridiculing the Gaza Defense is incredibly asinine.
Are you joking around or has a point gone completely over your head?

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Wow. Mr. Sterling's character lends itself to being visually caricatured fairly easily, but I am impressed at how much such that drawing is identifiable as Bob Chipman.

As to the list...that thing seriously pisses me off. I do not believe even a little bit that its creator understands what the word "censorship" means, and I would love to know how he defines it such that whatever the people he complains about are censoring him but his trying to silence those people by taking away their jobs does not meet that same definition.