The Fast Track To Internet Infamy

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
I don't understand, isn't this essentially the same joke as "White Guy Defense Force"?

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Westaway said:
I don't understand, isn't this essentially the same joke as "White Guy Defense Force"?
It's the gift that keeps on giving!

I almost missed the humor in the first panel, just reading the speech-bubbles. Sneaky sneaky
(Or I'm just unobservant, whatever)

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
The Wooster said:
The Fast Track To Internet Infamy

Truth in media.

Read Full Article
One might hazard a guess [sub](I don't use that phrase often enough[/sub] that you might be the firestarter, twisted firestarter?

OT: Nice job. What would the White Guy Defense Force do if they met the SJW Army?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Hover Hand Mode said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
How do you dislike a person for a single review? Did he compare Uprising to Hitler or something?
Bad first impression. I didn't know who he was back then.
I see. That makes sense, I guess. Thanks for the answer.

Jan 12, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
Dude, I don't think you know who you're talking to. As an internet infamous SJW who has been labeled "the worst of the social justice warriors" for pointing out things like the fact that women have served in wars, I think I've got a pretty good grasp on what it takes to start a shitstorm.
Maybe take a step down off your soapbox, Zach; you can stir up an argument in the Escapist forums, you're not "internet infamous". A quick Google turns up only your Youtube and Nostalgia Critic accounts, so unless you're secretly Zoe Quinn you might want to reconsider how big an impact you have.

OT: Now all the boss needs is a picture of Erin holding a whiteboard and she can start whatever she wants.

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
Good comic today. Short, to the point, maybe even a bit measured in its delivery.

I tend to find that about half the comics your outfit puts out are too high-concept for me: either I just don't get it or, when I do get what you're talking about, it seems like you were more interested in being clever than being funny. But this one works, and I think it's a nice comment on the...uh, 'fun' that people are having these days on the issue of gamers getting political in whatever direction.

chartinboy

Expanded foam monkey
Jul 9, 2010
Can I just mention how awesomely Erin is drawn in this one? Especially in panels 3 and 4.

Fsyco

Feb 18, 2014
RA92 said:
Bob 'PC-Gaming-is-Dead' [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2911-PC-Gaming-Is-Dead-Long-Live-PC-Gaming] Chipman, surely?

C'mon! Let's give old controversies some love and be smug in hindsight.
Why? This isn't Destructoid.
If you don't get the joke...
the Destructoid user base would never shut up about perceived greivences (like when Jim gave Vanquish a 4).

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Damnations! The youtube video is not available in my country!

I feel cheated out of a cheap shot!
Sotanaht said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Erin's boss has it wrong. Erin doesn't need to say anything inflammatory. She nearly needs to continue that sentence about diversity and by the time it hits the web, it'll BE "all white men are rapists."

As someone who evidently is "infamous,"I should know!

MarsAtlas said:
I don't know how neither Cory or Grey ended up on that list, after WGDF.

Quick, guys! Free publicity, just release a new WGDF!
Baffling, innit? I would think they'd be public enemies #1 and 2 with the response that got.
No, a sentence about equality would be pretty much ignored on either side. If a SJW says it, #gamergate will just pass over it in favor of cherry picking the hatespeech. If someone on the #gamergate side of things says something about equality the sjws will pass right over it and slander them with muh-soggy-knee anyway.
It is being ignored because diversity is not what gamergate is trying to oppose. There has never been a pushback against more diversety for crying out loud.

They push back against shitflingers who call us all (you included btw if you play games) mysoginerds and other nice things just because we do not agree with the practices and arguments of professional victims and the conflicts of internet in games journalism where everyone is buddy buddy and interconnected to each other to such a degree that it makes your head spin, and the people that support them blindly.

Gamergate isnt ignoring the moderate people, they are simply not attacking them because they are not what gamergate stands against. And btw, gamers do call out the shitflingers on their own side quite often and rather strongly, but the nature of the internet makes it so that assholes can be assholes and no one can really do something against it kept for pointing those people out.

The reason these moderate people are mainly ignored is because they are not the enemy. Why should they be focused on when they arent the ones pointing fingers at gamers everywhere and calling them "mysogynerds" and worse? They have done nothing wrong.. they havent attacked gamers... and their arguments are also not wrong.

Gamergate is not against diversity and a better portrayal of EVERYONE in gaming, they are against being told that they are women hating fat bastards with neckbeards and yellowing underpants who are afraid the boys club is being invaded by the cooties, when over 45 % of gamers nowadays are allready female and the medium is more welcoming to any gender and sexual orientation THEN ANY OTHER HOBBY IN THE WORLD.

Dont believe me? Try to come out as a star basketball or football or soccer player. Try to get into the scouts as a kid if you are gay. Try to play with the guys in sports if youre a women. Or try to play with the girls if you are a male but identify as a woman.

You know where this stuff doesnt matter to anyone? In gaming.

And yet... we all hate women, people of different color and sexual orientation.

Screw the rules! I have green hair!

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
RA92 said:
Bob 'PC-Gaming-is-Dead' [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2911-PC-Gaming-Is-Dead-Long-Live-PC-Gaming] Chipman, surely?

It's been 3 years since this, how long are we going to cling to something Bob said?, I noticed you linked it in the attempt to reignite the old discussion but it's been over and done with for 3 years now.

OT: I get the joke but I can't really get with all the commotion still going on through every section of this website.

Under_your_bed

Sep 15, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
Actually, one need not look further than Anita Sarkeesian, a woman who could read the ingredients of breakfast cereal and still get hatemail based on it.
Pffft-didn't you hear? Her kickstarter to read off a cereal box got a lot of money! And all because she received a few whiny crybaby "harassments" and "death threats with her address included". What a whiny baby. God, I bet the whole thing's just a scam.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
RA92 said:

Ahhh, I forgot about that. That's why I stopped listening to MovieBob for gaming news. Well, that and his constant harping on about how grey and dull Halo is/was.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Thunderous Cacophony said:
unless you're secretly Zoe Quinn
You've uncovered the truth behind the Quinnspiracy!

Everyone run and hide, we "White Knights" must be scattered to preserve the sanctity of our order!

OT: I saw the first two panels Grey linked the other day on Twitter, and to be honest "Jim "Gave Vanquish 5/10" Sterling" and "Matt Lees' Preposterous Haircut" were enough to make me bust out laughing, everything else is just [insert overused idiom here].

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Doug said:
Ahhh, I forgot about that. That's why I stopped listening to MovieBob for gaming news. Well, that and his constant harping on about how grey and dull Halo is/was.
*Considers saying "But Halo was dull and grey," but upon reflection decides that's too much like trolling and decides not to*

Oh, wait . . . Damn!

On topic, boy is that a surprise I wouldn't want to wake up to in the morning.

Louzerman102

Mar 12, 2011
RA92 said:

Considering the tone of the recent internet argument going on I think the name Bob "Metroid: Other M is a great game" Chipman is a more interesting name.

Silent Protagonist

Aug 29, 2012
Good Comic. Surprisingly moderate, calling out the ridiculousness and paranoia of some of the most vocal anti-SJWs, as well as the, ironically, bigoted hate speech typical of the very worst of the worst of SJWs. Though if recent forum activity is anything to go by the definitions of SJW and anti-SJW are apparently hotly contested so what do I know.