The Fast Track To Internet Infamy

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Yeah how anyone can think that poor [https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/502692856738619392] innocent [https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/502038039968112640] bob would ever zealously attack people for having a different opinion than him is beyond me.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
RA92 said:
Bob 'PC-Gaming-is-Dead' [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2911-PC-Gaming-Is-Dead-Long-Live-PC-Gaming] Chipman, surely?

C'mon! Let's give old controversies some love and be smug in hindsight.
moviebob said:
I can't wait for the flaming war between the hardcore tablet gaming versus casual cybernetic eye implant gaming
That day I will move to Mars, close my eyes and play Super Mario Brain Chip Land in my head in the way (tell me Nintendo wouldn't try something that gimmick).

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Shadow-Phoenix said:
RA92 said:
Bob 'PC-Gaming-is-Dead' [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2911-PC-Gaming-Is-Dead-Long-Live-PC-Gaming] Chipman, surely?

C'mon! Let's give old controversies some love and be smug in hindsight.
It's been 3 years since this, how long are we going to cling to something Bob said?, I noticed you linked it in the attempt to reignite the old discussion but it's been over and done with for 3 years now.
I was just curious to see if there's any chance of shifting this from being an SJW rage thread to a PC gamer rage thread (it's getting a bit monotonous). :)

The link was as a reference to newer users.

Fsyco said:
If you don't get the joke...
the Destructoid user base would never shut up about perceived greivences (like when Jim gave Vanquish a 4).
... when he gave The Witcher 2 a 6/10! The scandal!

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
so is Jim not liked for not giving Vanquish a high score? I didn't think much of it either; a somewhat competent shooter with absolutely ridiculous story, script, characters and endless attempts at making the protagonist as quote-unquote "cool" as possible. After hearing nothing but praise for the game I was severely underwhelmed, the only note worthy moments are the ok shooting/skidding mechanics and everything else being facepalmingly awful, but in an unironic way.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Zachary Amaranth said:
..snip

Actually, one need not look further than Anita Sarkeesian, a woman who could read the ingredients of breakfast cereal and still get hatemail based on it.

snip...
Anita Sarkeesian in alternate reality:

"The ingredient list contains sugar, whole grain corn flour, wheat flour, whole grain oat flour, oat hull fibre, corn bran, hydrogenated coconut and vegetable oil, salt, colour, natural fruit flavouring, bht, and vitamins. Notice how milk is left out of the list, diminishing its importance as an important ingredient of a complete breakfast."

Next day she receives hatemail from people suffering from lactose intolerance.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
RJ Dalton said:
Doug said:
Ahhh, I forgot about that. That's why I stopped listening to MovieBob for gaming news. Well, that and his constant harping on about how grey and dull Halo is/was.
*Considers saying "But Halo was dull and grey," but upon reflection decides that's too much like trolling and decides not to*

Oh, wait . . . Damn!

On topic, boy is that a surprise I wouldn't want to wake up to in the morning.
Honestly, I've never been a fan of Halo. But I just found him going on and on about it annoying.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Thunderous Cacophony said:
[
Maybe take a step down off your soapbox, Zach; you can stir up an argument in the Escapist forums, you're not "internet infamous". A quick Google turns up only your Youtube and Nostalgia Critic accounts, so unless you're secretly Zoe Quinn you might want to reconsider how big an impact you have.

OT: Now all the boss needs is a picture of Erin holding a whiteboard and she can start whatever she wants.
Dude, I just described myself as a social justice warrior. At least entertain for a moment that I might not have been serious. I was actually having fun with claims I was infamous both on and off The Escapist. Apparently, for srs. That you could only find two o my linked accounts on a Google search actually makes it funnier.

As for being Zoe Quinn, the internet exploded when it found out how many penises she'd taken. I can totally top that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Under_your_bed said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Actually, one need not look further than Anita Sarkeesian, a woman who could read the ingredients of breakfast cereal and still get hatemail based on it.
Pffft-didn't you hear? Her kickstarter to read off a cereal box got a lot of money! And all because she received a few whiny crybaby "harassments" and "death threats with her address included". What a whiny baby. God, I bet the whole thing's just a scam.
Totally. I mean, C3r34l K1ll3r has been doing those videos for free, and receives death threats constantly, but you don't hear him complaining.

CaitSeith said:
Anita Sarkeesian in alternate reality:

"The ingredient list contains sugar, whole grain corn flour, wheat flour, whole grain oat flour, oat hull fibre, corn bran, hydrogenated coconut and vegetable oil, salt, colour, natural fruit flavouring, bht, and vitamins. Notice how milk is left out of the list, diminishing its importance as an important ingredient of a complete breakfast."

Next day she receives hatemail from people suffering from lactose intolerance.
Christ, I just choked on my lunch! That was awesome!

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
KaZuYa said:
Is it so hard to dream of a world full of multicultural rapists
Oh my god, that comment made my day

OT: Both sides are wrong, internet people need to be less angry and journalist people need to stop calling gamers mean words. Honestly, I just don't care anymore about any of this stuff, I'm just so jaded. It seems that for the past year the most popular topic of game journalism has been game journalism. Can't we just talk about how we like games?

Maybe I'm just too much of a misogynerd or an SJW to understand this though.

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
JimB said:
As to the list...that thing seriously pisses me off. I do not believe even a little bit that its creator understands what the word "censorship" means, and I would love to know how he defines it such that whatever the people he complains about are censoring him but his trying to silence those people by taking away their jobs does not meet that same definition.
I'm sure that list is just of people the author didn't agree with. I don't agree with Jim and Bob all the time *ahemLeaveMichaelBayaloneahem* but is this list really necessary.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
SJWs? Controversies? Rape accusations?

Come on guys, I'm just tryna to find a release date for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain here. Not everything needs to be wrapped in arguments and debates. Can't games journalism just be about games again?

P.S. Thanks

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
A Critical Miss comic claiming all white men are horrible in some way?

Honestly, nothing is amiss here.

I couldn't even get mad if I wanted to.

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
*Facedesk* And just when I thought the front page stuff was returning to normal...

Silent Protagonist said:
Good Comic. Surprisingly moderate, calling out the ridiculousness and paranoia of some of the most vocal anti-SJWs, as well as the, ironically, bigoted hate speech typical of the very worst of the worst of SJWs.
^This, this, this.

But I'm a pessimist, so I got five bucks saying that's completely overlooked as the extremists cherry pick the parts they don't like to further their eternal crusade.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I thought it was pretty funny, myself, and normally I don't like these Critical Miss comics.

It felt like just the right commentary on the fact that it's all still news, and getting attention.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
VanQ said:
A Critical Miss comic claiming all white men are horrible in some way?

Honestly, nothing is amiss here.

I couldn't even get the joke if I wanted to.
Fixed that for ya.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
tm96 said:
I'm sure that list is just of people the author didn't agree with. I don't agree with Jim and Bob all the time *ahemLeaveMichaelBayaloneahem* but is this list really necessary.
Just to be clear on what we're both talking about, we're talking about the real "don't support these people or the sites they work from" list the first panel of the comic is referencing, right?