The Fast Track To Internet Infamy

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
Good job poking fun at every side there, one of the better responses to this stupid drama I've seen as of late.

[small]And here's hoping we get to see a Critical Miss response to Techies.[/small]

tm96

Feb 1, 2014
JimB said:
tm96 said:
I'm sure that list is just of people the author didn't agree with. I don't agree with Jim and Bob all the time *ahemLeaveMichaelBayaloneahem* but is this list really necessary.
Just to be clear on what we're both talking about, we're talking about the real "don't support these people or the sites they work from" list the first panel of the comic is referencing, right?
Yes. I don't really like the list at all.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Covarr said:
SJWs? Controversies? Rape accusations?

Come on guys, I'm just tryna to find a release date for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain here. Not everything needs to be wrapped in arguments and debates. Can't games journalism just be about games again?

P.S. Thanks
Critical Miss announced the release of MGSV week ago. Where have you been?

VanQ said:
A Critical Miss comic claiming all white men are horrible in some way?

Honestly, nothing is amiss here.

I couldn't even get mad if I wanted to.
You...You can't be serious.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Sotanaht said:
No, a sentence about equality would be pretty much ignored on either side. If a SJW says it, #gamergate will just pass over it in favor of cherry picking the hatespeech. If someone on the #gamergate side of things says something about equality the sjws will pass right over it and slander them with muh-soggy-knee anyway.
Dude, I don't think you know who you're talking to. As an internet infamous SJW who has been labeled "the worst of the social justice warriors" for pointing out things like the fact that women have served in wars, I think I've got a pretty good grasp on what it takes to start a shitstorm.

Actually, one need not look further than Anita Sarkeesian, a woman who could read the ingredients of breakfast cereal and still get hatemail based on it.

Hover Hand Mode said:
(I disliked Sterling when he gave Kid Icarus Uprising a 5/10. But Jimquisition is great, so whatever.)
How do you dislike a person for a single review? Did he compare Uprising to Hitler or something?
@Zachary_Amaranth
I wouldn't really call you "internet infamous" since besid this site i haven't seen you be mentioned any where else. in fact i haven't even heard of you until coming to this site.
quick (~1min) google search didn't reveal much besides a steam and "that guy with the glasses" profile.

so where do you get "internet infamous" from?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Haha, that's the best strip you've done a while, thanks for the laugh guys :-D

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
tm96 said:
Yes. I don't really like the list at all.
Okay, thanks, just checking. In light of that "they hate white guys" comment earlier in the thread (which I know you didn't make), I thought it was best to see if anyone was taking things literally.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
HAHA! Well they do say go big or go home... but isn't getting a billboard kind of counter productive to the whole "get free advertising" idea?
Well, this is Sharon we're talking about here. Erin said no to saying something inflammatory (for once), so she's throwing her under the bus and paying for it. A truly awful boss.

OT: It's uncanny how accurate those pictures of Bob and Jim look like them. I'm still kind of afraid to watch this week's Jimquisition, because of what I'm expecting is a huge shitstorm there. I also laughed at "KOTAKU: ALL OF THEM"

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Irony. Guess they forgot that time they drew a parallel between white dudes bitching on the web and George Zimmerman killing a black kid.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
I honestly can't tell who this comic is more of a potshot at. And that is the best kind of joke. Man, you guys have been on a roll lately.

CaitSeith said:
Anita Sarkeesian in alternate reality:

"The ingredient list contains sugar, whole grain corn flour, wheat flour, whole grain oat flour, oat hull fibre, corn bran, hydrogenated coconut and vegetable oil, salt, colour, natural fruit flavouring, bht, and vitamins. Notice how milk is left out of the list, diminishing its importance as an important ingredient of a complete breakfast."

Next day she receives hatemail from people suffering from lactose intolerance.
Best. Kind. Of joke.
Wish this site had something like a rep system, cuz that was funny.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Queen Michael said:
(Seriously though, people; be nice.)
Yes Queen Ninja Michael. Sorry Queen Ninja Michael.

In all honesty The critical miss guys do seem to spend of time taking the piss out of straight white males. Don't know if either of them are gay, but if the comics anything to by they are both certainly white.

Then again they seem to have it out for Evangelion fans the most.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Doug said:
RJ Dalton said:
Doug said:
Ahhh, I forgot about that. That's why I stopped listening to MovieBob for gaming news. Well, that and his constant harping on about how grey and dull Halo is/was.
*Considers saying "But Halo was dull and grey," but upon reflection decides that's too much like trolling and decides not to*

Oh, wait . . . Damn!

On topic, boy is that a surprise I wouldn't want to wake up to in the morning.
Honestly, I've never been a fan of Halo. But I just found him going on and on about it annoying.
I'd be more indifferent to Halo if people didn't keep shoving it in my face and saying "THIS IS TEH BEST GAME EVAR!!!! 10/10 YOU MUST PLAY AND LIKE OR ELSE YOU ARE SO STOOPID!!!!" I mean, if the attitude was more "Hey, I enjoy this game, it just hits the right buttons for me," I'd be like "Well, I get a kick out of Billy and Mandy, so who am I to judge?"

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
weirdo8977 said:
@Zachary_Amaranth
I wouldn't really call you "internet infamous" since besid this site i haven't seen you be mentioned any where else. in fact i haven't even heard of you until coming to this site.
quick (~1min) google search didn't reveal much besides a steam and "that guy with the glasses" profile.

so where do you get "internet infamous" from?
I'll just repeat the previous response:

Zachary Amaranth said:
Dude, I just described myself as a social justice warrior. At least entertain for a moment that I might not have been serious. I was actually having fun with claims I was infamous both on and off The Escapist. Apparently, for srs. That you could only find two o my linked accounts on a Google search actually makes it funnier.

As for being Zoe Quinn, the internet exploded when it found out how many penises she'd taken. I can totally top that.
And remind people that when someone refers to themselves directly as a "social justice warrior" they might not be serious.

Though looking for my own post, I did find Shrek's post, which I missed before.

shrekfan246 said:
You've uncovered the truth behind the Quinnspiracy!
Does that mean we've reached Quinnception?

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
Andy Shandy said:
Lees' hair is quite preposterous, isn't it?

It must run about while he's sleeping and then before he wakes up it goes back on his head so that he doesn't notice.
It's entirely possible that it fears his bed. That bed is horrifying...

OT: I don't know who most of these people are, but Matt Lees? Really? While I don't follow the man's output closely, I've yet to hear him say anything overtly-- I'm not going to finish that sentence. It's just too stupid. Lovely comic though. Thanks for the chuckle.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
It's been interesting to see this particular kerfuffle unfolding at The Escapist, since I don't read much of the gaming-related internet, and in the part of the internet that filters through to me, "Social Justice Warrior" is primarily a thing that a certain group of people (mainly on tumblr) who are actually kind of inclined to say things like "all white men are rapists" are actually inclined to call themselves. The second most common use is to talk about specifically those people, and put it in scare quotes to bring home the point that someone on tumblr who tells thin people to kill themselves is neither social, just, nor a warrior.

Is it bad that, being a white male, my first reaction is to feel relieved that social justice warriors are seen as so obviously crazy that people sling that as an insult against people who are just a bit too feminist for their taste?

Robert B. Marks

Jun 10, 2008
Zachary: "As for being Zoe Quinn, the internet exploded when it found out how many penises she'd taken. I can totally top that."

Speaking for myself, and possibly quite a few others, I really, REALLY don't want to know how many penises you've taken.

(And for God's sake, GIVE THEM BACK!)

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Robert B. Marks said:
Zachary: "As for being Zoe Quinn, the internet exploded when it found out how many penises she'd taken. I can totally top that."

Speaking for myself, and possibly quite a few others, I really, REALLY don't want to know how many penises you've taken.

(And for God's sake, GIVE THEM BACK!)
Trust me, the victims aren't gonna want them back after they discover what he's been doing with them.
It's not what you're thinking, but you'll kinda wish it was.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
That was actually pretty funny. Good comic.

ticklefist said:
Irony. Guess they forgot that time they drew a parallel between white dudes bitching on the web and George Zimmerman killing a black kid.
Wait, what?