The Fast Track To Internet Infamy

jamail77

May 21, 2011
direkiller said:
Westaway said:
I don't understand, isn't this essentially the same joke as "White Guy Defense Force"?
No, it's making fun of this.

http://imgur.com/NFGgOEU

Oh, wow. Here, I thought that was just included to emphasize the ridiculous dismissive attitude you see in these discussions, but no, that list actually exists. O_O

Also, I've given the bare minimum required effort, before being allowed to ask for help without being shamed for not trying, that is, into finding out who Matt Lees is and all I found out is apparently he's some major gamer. Could someone just summarize who he is? I'd appreciate it.

RA92 said:
Imp Emissary said:
It's been a while, but wasn't the point of the video to say that PC gaming wasn't "Dying/Dead", but was actually just having it's market change, or something like that?

Hence why the full title was "PC-Gaming-Is-Dead-Long-Live-PC-Gaming".
It was a really garbled argument, like how the console motion controls would supersede the mouse and keyboard (we saw how that turned out) and how devices like laptops would replace PCs... while it was already considered part of the PC platform? I remember shaking my head because he was gleefully showing all the supposed alternatives to the PC being closed systems (the antithesis of PC gaming), as if that was a good thing.
Even when people get mad at MovieBob from time to time, whether it's going on too much about Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man or just him not admitting to when he's legitimately acting snobby (something that usually doesn't happen and is just a pathetic insult to discredit people who know more about something than you) or dismissive due to some stubbornness or fanboyism, he's still better at the movie and TV shtick. He really should stick to that. Whenever he talks about games you can guess at a very likely chance at him saying something far more ridiculous though the episode he did on Zelda was decent compared to his other gaming episodes.

Max_imus

Jul 8, 2010
Rocket Girl said:
Max_imus said:
Rocket Girl said:
OT (sort of): I wonder what happens if you change the white part of that sentence to black.
I dunno. Maybe it continues to be a very silly sentence that shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone in their right mind? It's a comic strip that pokes fun at both sides of the mess, lighten up, for goodness' sake.

OT: Ah, the power of humor and irony. Maybe we can start having a chuckle at this whole thing and each other, now that the dust has begun to settle. Thanks a bunch, you two. You give me hope.
I'm confused. Did you think I took the comic seriously or found it offensive or something? I didn't. I was just wondering what people would say. Call it morbid curiosity.
Ah, sorry if I misinterpreted that, it happens at 6 AM I guess. I was just a bit baffled that a thought like that could even come up in this context.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Rocket Girl said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Erin's boss has it wrong. Erin doesn't need to say anything inflammatory. She nearly needs to continue that sentence about diversity and by the time it hits the web, it'll BE "all white men are rapists."

As someone who evidently is "infamous,"I should know!
Sadly accurate.

Grahav said:
Acting like a dickwack grants you free advertising. EA was right all along!!!
Just sad.

OT (sort of): I wonder what happens if you change the white part of that sentence to black.
Here in Brazil? Jail.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
VanQ said:
MiracleOfSound said:
VanQ said:
A Critical Miss comic claiming all white men are horrible in some way?

Honestly, nothing is amiss here.

I couldn't even get the joke if I wanted to.
Fixed that for ya.
I get the joke. I just can't help but think that they're purposely trying to recreate the WGDF shitstorm again.
Well, wouldn't you? That was hilarious. Maddening, but hilarious.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
The joke is that there are people who says things more ludicrous than that on tumblr. Like saying that "cishet" men should be castrated or even executed. I wish I was exaggerating.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Rocket Girl said:
Denamic said:
The joke is that there are people who says things more ludicrous than that on tumblr. Like saying that "cishet" men should be castrated or even executed. I wish I was exaggerating.
Can you provide some kind of citation?
You can just go to the reddit/tumblrinaction that will show you some asshattery from those who think themselves progressive.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrinAction

heres some examples that I could find though I didnt bother with anything specific.

ooh heres a good one!

http://imgur.com/p6zgaRx

I should point out: No TIA doesnt think all activists are like this they just get a kick from the ones that are.lol

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
That Erin on the billboard looks so happy, you just want to high-five her!
And somehow I never noticed the earring things, nice detail.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Joseph Harrison said:
KaZuYa said:
Is it so hard to dream of a world full of multicultural rapists
Oh my god, that comment made my day

OT: Both sides are wrong, internet people need to be less angry and journalist people need to stop calling gamers mean words. Honestly, I just don't care anymore about any of this stuff, I'm just so jaded. It seems that for the past year the most popular topic of game journalism has been game journalism. Can't we just talk about how we like games?

Maybe I'm just too much of a misogynerd or an SJW to understand this though.
Unfortunately for you, no people can't. You may think you aren't picking a side by abstaining from the discussion and wanting to just enjoy games, but not picking a side is a form of implicit support for the status quo. The status quo is currently being accused of being a hyper-agressive, poisonous, misogynistic gaming culture, so you might want to think carefully about whether you should be implicitly supporting it. Perhaps you should rethink not having an opinion on the matter? (Even if the opinion ends up being "no, gaming culture is no where near like that", that is probably better than having no opinion.)

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Rocket Girl said:
Grahav said:
Rocket Girl said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Erin's boss has it wrong. Erin doesn't need to say anything inflammatory. She nearly needs to continue that sentence about diversity and by the time it hits the web, it'll BE "all white men are rapists."

As someone who evidently is "infamous,"I should know!
Sadly accurate.

Grahav said:
Acting like a dickwack grants you free advertising. EA was right all along!!!
Just sad.

Here in Brazil? Jail.
Jail for what? For saying something mean about a black person? I'm confused. You serious? Now I have to look this up lol.
Pretty serious.

1 to 3 years of jail and a fine.

Never heard of being applied in a case of a black person using racial slurs against a white person.

http://www.jusbrasil.com.br/topicos/10622481/paragrafo-3-artigo-140-do-decreto-lei-n-2848-de-07-de-dezembro-de-1940

Good intentions, but I think people get too much thin skinned because of it. I prefer the "Boondocks" method where "******" is so overused that the word loses its power.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Oh please, that's not how you become the most hated person on the internet, just sit down and watch.

I like the Call of Duty series. I believe that each game delivers a good and chaotic gaming experience no matter what some "reviewer" says. And they are not just for "Bro" gamers either, everyone can enjoy them.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
misogynerd said:
maninahat said:
Joseph Harrison said:
KaZuYa said:
Is it so hard to dream of a world full of multicultural rapists
Oh my god, that comment made my day

OT: Both sides are wrong, internet people need to be less angry and journalist people need to stop calling gamers mean words. Honestly, I just don't care anymore about any of this stuff, I'm just so jaded. It seems that for the past year the most popular topic of game journalism has been game journalism. Can't we just talk about how we like games?

Maybe I'm just too much of a misogynerd or an SJW to understand this though.
Unfortunately for you, no people can't. You may think you aren't picking a side by abstaining from the discussion and wanting to just enjoy games, but not picking a side is a form of implicit support for the status quo. The status quo is currently being accused of being a hyper-agressive, poisonous, misogynistic gaming culture, so you might want to think carefully about whether you should be implicitly supporting it. Perhaps you should rethink not having an opinion on the matter? (Even if the opinion ends up being "no, gaming culture is no where near like that", that is probably better than having no opinion.)
I disagree with your version of the status quo. The status quo is journalists and critics accusing gaming culture of being that way. It has been the status quo for a few years now.
I'm not sure you read what I wrote very carefully.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Once more into the hornet's nest!

You lads are getting a kick out of this, aren't you?

VanQ said:
A Critical Miss comic claiming all white men are horrible in some way?

Honestly, nothing is amiss here.

I couldn't even get mad if I wanted to.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c2/LCDprojLiesegang3.xcf/800px-LCDprojLiesegang3.xcf.png

Welp, splendid. Film night. Anyone for The Great Escape?

NuclearKangaroo said:
RA92 said:
Bob 'PC-Gaming-is-Dead' [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/2911-PC-Gaming-Is-Dead-Long-Live-PC-Gaming] Chipman, surely?

C'mon! Let's give old controversies some love and be smug in hindsight.
why does this guy keeps giving me reasons to hate him?
Is... Is that a significant reason enough to personal hatred? What he said was effectively "PC gaming is unsubstainable because the home PC phenomenom is disappearing as phones and tablets take their place". A prediction that so far seems to be wrong, but not something to reserve hatred for.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Muspelheim said:
Is... Is that a significant reason enough to personal hatred? What he said was effectively "PC gaming is unsubstainable because the home PC phenomenom is disappearing as phones and tablets take their place". A prediction that so far seems to be wrong, but not something to reserve hatred for.
actually no, when he insulted me for wanted more honest game journalism, repeatedly, then i started to hate him, this is just the icing of the cake

the more ive come to know about him, the less i want to see any of his videos