The Fast Track To Internet Infamy

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Cronenberg1 said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Falling said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
i never said anything even similar, i said, what makes one claim more valid than the other?

how is limiting an artist's vision more variety?
Do you work in the arts at all? Because from my own experience, criticism has led to a far better product than had I stayed in my own echo chamber. I had a vision, certainly. But a creative work is often a work in process, one that becomes realized as it is created. It is not simply transcribing word for word, image for image, fully formed from your head. Sure, you can let criticism run roughshod over you. But inciteful criticism strengthens art; it does not diminish it. I would argue better characterization for women in games strengthens the game (in games where characters are a meaningful concept.) It is important to hear feedback to improve the next work. Some criticims you adopt, some you consider and use sparingly, and some you ignore. But the presence of criticism does not squelch so-called artistic vision.
theres difference between useful criticism and useless criticism

useful criticism: the body proportions in this realistic painting are off (the work of art is objectively flawed)

useless criticism: this sculpture doesnt have enough ballons (the work of art doesnt appeal to my tastes)

a "sexist" character does not in any way diminish the quality of a game, a women character can be weak, or revealing, or promiscuous, etc, and still be a good character, because these are concepts an artist can work with, there are weak women just like there are weak men, there are women who embrace their sexuality just like there are men that do

the idea that a set of traits from a character can diminish a work of art is completely ridiculous

is Django Unchained a worse movie because it features racist characters?

is Maus a worse comic because the artist didnt hide the fact his father is racist?

hell no
It's not the characters themselves it's the use of the characters. Yes those traits can be used well but that doesn't mean that we can't debate when they're not used well, or overused, or when they are used without purpose to the story. You can't break down all art into completely objective criticism.
i think that falls more within the realm of "bad characters", which is a legit criticism

now according to a certain *air quote* feminist *air quote*, anita sarkessian, the use of a character that that has traits negatively assotiated with women is "sexist"

i argue that the use of a "sexist" character does not in any way shape or form affect the quality of a game, therefore is not a valid criticism, in fact i can name a few characters in gaming and other media that share these "sexist" traits and are still great characters, i could also mention other characters with negative traits that are good characters regardless

Oct 20, 2010
Amaror said:
Yeah how anyone can think that poor [https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/502692856738619392] innocent [https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/502038039968112640] bob would ever zealously attack people for having a different opinion than him is beyond me.
Except that isn't what is goin on there at all. That isn't a Zealous attack on anything, it's s stated opinion of what he thinks of how some people are behaving, and after skimming some of these topics (( about ten posts and I have a headache))
I agree with him.

verdant monkai said:
Queen Michael said:
(Seriously though, people; be nice.)
Yes Queen Ninja Michael. Sorry Queen Ninja Michael.

In all honesty The critical miss guys do seem to spend of time taking the piss out of straight white males. Don't know if either of them are gay, but if the comics anything to by they are both certainly white.

Then again they seem to have it out for Evangelion fans the most.

They can make fun of me all they want, I'll be fine.