The Fast Track To Internet Infamy

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
and you think the abolition of slavery wasnt also an economical hit for the ruling white class over here, of course there was people that saw those times as "the good olde days", but heres the thing, that generation eventually dies off along with their ideas

human beings exist to give each other happiness, we were born with emphaty, the the capacity to share or recognize emotions experienced by another person, but this capacity only exists as long as we can recognize the other party as a person, we cant emphatize with a wall

thats why in times of war the very first step the government takes to gain loyalty from the population is to de-humanize the enemy, make people forget they are living breathing human being like everyone else, it makes justifying massacres much easier, hell i bet a similar logic can be applied to the act of personifying the state itself, things like uncle sam, etc

when you see someone else as a race instead of people you are making the exact same mistake, in this case ive seen 2 things happen, white people are treated as oppressors, their opinions invalidaded, harassment towards them justified, they are not people, they are the CIS monster! they deserve no quarter!

on the other side of the coin, you have the minorities, who again you dont see as people, when someone claims you should stop harassing white people they tell you have internalized oppression or that you are being weaponized as a minority to the used in the crusade of MRAs or something like that. you are implying the person is incapable of reaching their own conclusions like any other mentally capable human being

color blindness, or whatever you want to call that now, is the only way to reach true equality, noone should be treated better or worse than another person because of their race, apply the same principle to women and non-straight people, and you have a tolerant society
They are not dying of over here! they are actually getting more grounded in saying "Yeah, maybe everything was better when people were legally second class citizens" Jim Crow, legally, not culturally, made things "equal" and you had people in the 1960s use that argument to argue against integration. Same thing when women were paid 66 cents to a man's dollar in the industrial revolution. Are you going to say there is no reason for this or somehow that reason wasn't based on some form of prejudice or institutional hatred? That it's just some of hiccup? No! People with these bad ideas may be dying, but their bigotry lingers on for the decades to come.

To me, everyone is a person first, and whatever labels they are willing to accept will come afterwards and I'll treat them no differently, so stop trying to delegitimize the view of both me and MarsAtlas if YOU aren't going to be the one who listens. MarsAtlas and I do try to the absolute best of our ability to not judge people, but even we screw things up from time to time because we can't be that perfect and don't know everyone perfectly well beyond the fact they are a person with their own goals and problems. And white people aren't treated as oppressors today! Reread what was said and meant, they aren't the oppressors, they are the beneficiaries of a society that will value them more! But apparently, I don't see people as people, although I don't give a flying f*ck if I somehow made a friend out of a super intelligent cybernetic space hamster from Mars or some stereotypical white dude with no "problems". I am a proponent of minority rights because minorities are people deserving of respect and right recognition, not because they are minorities!

Also, take your color blindness bs to the actual bigots of the world and see how far that gets you because i only see it used against people who want to point out bigotry in order to shut them up by saying "Well, you see race/sex too. That automatically makes you part of the problem!". Apparently me saying "I am not the best person to access the problems facing gay communities because I'm not gay nor am I an expert on the subject" is equivalent to someone else calling gay people immoral, unethical, unnatural monsters with a mental disorder. I'm even against someone like my father saying a white person shouldn't teach black history because he can't "understand" it, although I would say neither he or I understand it much better because we don't know actually how it was to be a slave or live in ghettos ourselves, we just have ancestors and close relatives that know such experiences, but like everything else I said, I guess you don't care.

Also, don't use that enemy/war bs either for myself. I never even looked at Confederates as solely evil people when researching them, just misguided men trying to defend an institution and way of life I can never ethically support for anyone to be under.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Rocket Girl said:
rbstewart7263 said:
Rocket Girl said:
Denamic said:
The joke is that there are people who says things more ludicrous than that on tumblr. Like saying that "cishet" men should be castrated or even executed. I wish I was exaggerating.
Can you provide some kind of citation?
You can just go to the reddit/tumblrinaction that will show you some asshattery from those who think themselves progressive.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrinAction

heres some examples that I could find though I didnt bother with anything specific.

ooh heres a good one!

http://imgur.com/p6zgaRx

I should point out: No TIA doesnt think all activists are like this they just get a kick from the ones that are.lol
The first one is loaded with jokes and is clearly not serious. The image has nothing to do with anyone suggesting white men are rapists and the third is literally made by someone with the name "cispeoplearegross" where they talk about killing their child if they are cis. How is that even remotely meant to be taken seriously?

You've taken a joke thread akin to the comic posted here, an unrelated image and a snapshot of a discussion between people that may as well have actually named themselves WeAreTrolling. Where is this so called "cis men should be executed" argument?

EDIT: That Reddit? This is their description, as written by them:

Seen a horribly oppressed transethnic otherkin blog their plight? Wept at how terrible it is for the suffering of multiple systems to go unheard every day? Been unable to even live with the thought of the identities of someone's headmates being cisdenied?
Then you've come to the right place!
Please.
lol O please indeed. Look dismiss all you want but there are people who seriously do think this way about the world. I think there are great activists out there I really do they just dont make it to this page. But dismiss or disagree if you must I care little.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
MarsAtlas said:
you know what, fine, have it your way, apparently you know more about being a non-white than me, a non-white, and you also know more about equality than me, a person who has lived in a country that has never experienced racism

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Skatologist said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
and you think the abolition of slavery wasnt also an economical hit for the ruling white class over here, of course there was people that saw those times as "the good olde days", but heres the thing, that generation eventually dies off along with their ideas

human beings exist to give each other happiness, we were born with emphaty, the the capacity to share or recognize emotions experienced by another person, but this capacity only exists as long as we can recognize the other party as a person, we cant emphatize with a wall

thats why in times of war the very first step the government takes to gain loyalty from the population is to de-humanize the enemy, make people forget they are living breathing human being like everyone else, it makes justifying massacres much easier, hell i bet a similar logic can be applied to the act of personifying the state itself, things like uncle sam, etc

when you see someone else as a race instead of people you are making the exact same mistake, in this case ive seen 2 things happen, white people are treated as oppressors, their opinions invalidaded, harassment towards them justified, they are not people, they are the CIS monster! they deserve no quarter!

on the other side of the coin, you have the minorities, who again you dont see as people, when someone claims you should stop harassing white people they tell you have internalized oppression or that you are being weaponized as a minority to the used in the crusade of MRAs or something like that. you are implying the person is incapable of reaching their own conclusions like any other mentally capable human being

color blindness, or whatever you want to call that now, is the only way to reach true equality, noone should be treated better or worse than another person because of their race, apply the same principle to women and non-straight people, and you have a tolerant society
They are not dying of over here! they are actually getting more grounded in saying "Yeah, maybe everything was better when people were legally second class citizens" Jim Crow, legally, not culturally, made things "equal" and you had people in the 1960s use that argument to argue against integration. Same thing when women were paid 66 cents to a man's dollar in the industrial revolution. Are you going to say there is no reason for this or somehow that reason wasn't based on some form of prejudice or institutional hatred? That it's just some of hiccup? No! People with these bad ideas may be dying, but their bigotry lingers on for the decades to come.

To me, everyone is a person first, and whatever labels they are willing to accept will come afterwards and I'll treat them no differently, so stop trying to delegitimize the view of both me and MarsAtlas if YOU aren't going to be the one who listens. MarsAtlas and I do try to the absolute best of our ability to not judge people, but even we screw things up from time to time because we can't be that perfect and don't know everyone perfectly well beyond the fact they are a person with their own goals and problems. And white people aren't treated as oppressors today! Reread what was said and meant, they aren't the oppressors, they are the beneficiaries of a society that will value them more! But apparently, I don't see people as people, although I don't give a flying f*ck if I somehow made a friend out of a super intelligent cybernetic space hamster from Mars or some stereotypical white dude with no "problems". I am a proponent of minority rights because minorities are people deserving of respect and right recognition, not because they are minorities!

Also, take your color blindness bs to the actual bigots of the world and see how far that gets you because i only see it used against people who want to point out bigotry in order to shut them up by saying "Well, you see race/sex too. That automatically makes you part of the problem!". Apparently me saying "I am not the best person to access the problems facing gay communities because I'm not gay nor am I an expert on the subject" is equivalent to someone else calling gay people immoral, unethical, unnatural monsters with a mental disorder. I'm even against someone like my father saying a white person shouldn't teach black history because he can't "understand" it, although I would say neither he or I understand it much better because we don't know actually how it was to be a slave or live in ghettos ourselves, we just have ancestors and close relatives that know such experiences, but like everything else I said, I guess you don't care.

Also, don't use that enemy/war bs either for myself. I never even looked at Confederates as solely evil people when researching them, just misguided men trying to defend an institution and way of life I can never ethically support for anyone to be under.
look around you

the world we live in today is more peaceful than it has ever been, more tolerant than it has ever been and more inclusive than it has ever been

its human nature to bring happiness to each other, the generations that once hated and discriminated will die out, i guess the fact people of color no longer get lynched in your country should be proof of that, you have a black president now for christ's sake

dont treat one race as "beneficiaries", simply stop drawing lines on the sand, because, like i said, that contributes to the act of de-humanizing people, do not, ever, think about the race/gender/sexual orientation of a person before thinking about them as PEOPLE

i am all for minorities having equal rights to everyone else, can you tell me what rights people of color dont have in your country?

why do you care about the bigots of the world? why do you care about the inconsequential ramblings of an old klansman somewhere that doesnt affect you nor minorities in any tangible way?

also heres the problem about talking for minorities without being a minority yourself

you drow out the voices of non-whites, which can be anything from condescending to plain insulting, just look at matt lees, when he sees a non-white criticizing game journalism, he doesnt listen them, he looks over their head trying to find the strings. in his mind non-white aparently dont have the mental capacity to take their own decision and reach their own conclusions when they dont satisfy his personal views

dont become someone like this, stop caring about race

PS: personally i dont see anything wrong with non-black people teaching black history, history is written, unless you start making up your own facts, i dont see the issue

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
NuclearKangaroo said:
oh dont worry the escapist is for the most part a very cool site

but things like that kotaku article i posted, or all those damn journalists on twitter accussing every voice agaisnt game journalism corruption of being pissy "white straight male nerds", as if being a white male straight man means your opinion is automatically invalid

those things russle my jimmies
And I can understand, but russled jimmies do not weeks of controversy make. More to the point we should all try to remember that Kotaku is just barely reputable in any way, and Twitter is where logical discussion goes to die. There's idiocy on both sides, but the vast majority of people are usually pretty reasonable. So if someone is dismissing arguments based on their "opponent's" state of being, especially when it's something so incredibly specific as white+straight+male, it's usually safe to assume that they are dismissible.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
shirkbot said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
oh dont worry the escapist is for the most part a very cool site

but things like that kotaku article i posted, or all those damn journalists on twitter accussing every voice agaisnt game journalism corruption of being pissy "white straight male nerds", as if being a white male straight man means your opinion is automatically invalid

those things russle my jimmies
And I can understand, but russled jimmies do not weeks of controversy make. More to the point we should all try to remember that Kotaku is just barely reputable in any way, and Twitter is where logical discussion goes to die. There's idiocy on both sides, but the vast majority of people are usually pretty reasonable. So if someone is dismissing arguments based on their "opponent's" state of being, especially when it's something so incredibly specific as white+straight+male, it's usually safe to assume that they are dismissible.
its fair, thought im still gonna call out hypocrites for them being hypocrites

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
look around you

the world we live in today is more peaceful than it has ever been, more tolerant than it has ever been and more inclusive than it has ever been

its human nature to bring happiness to each other, the generations that once hated and discriminated will die out, i guess the fact people of color no longer get lynched in your country should be proof of that, you have a black president now for christ's sake

dont treat one race as "beneficiaries", simply stop drawing lines on the sand, because, like i said, that contributes to the act of de-humanizing people, do not, ever, think about the race/gender/sexual orientation of a person before thinking about them as PEOPLE

i am all for minorities having equal rights to everyone else, can you tell me what rights people of color dont have in your country?

why do you care about the bigots of the world? why do you care about the inconsequential ramblings of an old klansman somewhere that doesnt affect you nor minorities in any tangible way?

also heres the problem about talking for minorities without being a minority yourself

you drow out the voices of non-whites, which can be anything from condescending to plain insulting, just look at matt lees, when he sees a non-white criticizing game journalism, he doesnt listen them, he looks over their head trying to find the strings. in his mind non-white aparently dont have the mental capacity to take their own decision and reach their own conclusions when they dont satisfy his personal views

PS: personally i dont see anything wrong with non-black people teaching black history, history is written, unless you start making up your own facts, i dont see the issue
"The world is more tolerant than ever before". Perhaps a bit true, but it's not that bad ideas die or people with bad ideas die, they are simply unconditioned. I never thought and never will think human nature is supposed to bring about happiness for everyone, if that were true, tribalism would never ad been an issue in the first place. Also, black president means next to nothing, my families opinion on the subject is that it is almost a net negative because we almost got more people getting more racist because of it. If I'm not mistaken, white supremacists groups actually rose within the last 7 years because such a thing! Yeah, that's kind of problem I'd like addressed! And it isn't like institutionally accepted racism of often giving black males harsher crimes compared to their white counterparts did not happen in the last few years, nope, not at all. The world is simply not inclusive enough,blacks technically had the same legal rights as white people 60+ years ago under Jim Crow laws and people used that dumb argument to say that integration and desegregation were not necessary, so excuse me if i find what you have to say a bit in line with that.

I don't even focus on the problems of people of color despite being one technically, not sure why you still think I'm white. I'm not offended by things like black face, white people "acting black", or ebonics, or most things, but do you know what else, I understand the offense even white people get when they have to see those things. So yeah, I'm kind of okay with white people getting offended for me if I understand where the offense is coming from despite me disagreeing with it often. My focus right now is mostly more so on secular activism and awareness, and LGBT rights and awareness. I've got my reasons for both.

Also, how am I drowning out the voices of the minorities I'm taking my cues and information from them? I've yet to make a speech on behalf of the gay people at my school and I never plan on being in any form of leadership for LGBT groups because I don't feel i deserve it, because I don't understand their problems, because i don't have to deal with the things they do. Also, how are you not "drowning out" all those poor white guys that are treated so badly online? Seems a bit hypocritical for you to say "Let minorities speak for themselves, but leave white guys alone!"

Oh, nice images, I'll show you two things of my own. I'll let them speak for themselves. Tell me if you recognize the points of them

and this:

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Skatologist said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
look around you

"The world is more tolerant than ever before". Perhaps a bit true, but it's not that bad ideas die or people with bad ideas die, they are simply unconditioned. I never thought and never will think human nature is supposed to bring about happiness for everyone, if that were true, tribalism would never ad been an issue in the first place. Also, black president means next to nothing, my families opinion on the subject is that it is almost a net negative because we almost got more people getting more racist because of it. If I'm not mistaken, white supremacists groups actually rose within the last 7 years because such a thing! Yeah, that's kind of problem I'd like addressed! And it isn't like institutionally accepted racism of often giving black males harsher crimes compared to their white counterparts did not happen in the last few years, nope, not at all. The world is simply not inclusive enough,blacks technically had the same legal rights as white people 60+ years ago under Jim Crow laws and people used that dumb argument to say that integration and desegregation were not necessary, so excuse me if i find what you have to say a bit in line with that.

I don't even focus on the problems of people of color despite being one technically, not sure why you still think I'm white. I'm not offended by things like black face, white people "acting black", or ebonics, or most things, but do you know what else, I understand the offense even white people get when they have to see those things. So yeah, I'm kind of okay with white people getting offended for me if I understand where the offense is coming from despite me disagreeing with it often. My focus right now is mostly more so on secular activism and awareness, and LGBT rights and awareness. I've got my reasons for both.

Also, how am I drowning out the voices of the minorities I'm taking my cues and information from them? I've yet to make a speech on behalf of the gay people at my school and I never plan on being in any form of leadership for LGBT groups because I don't feel i deserve it, because I don't understand their problems, because i don't have to deal with the things they do. Also, how are you not "drowning out" all those poor white guys that are treated so badly online? Seems a bit hypocritical for you to say "Let minorities speak for themselves, but leave white guys alone!"

Oh, nice images, I'll show you two things of my own. I'll let them speak for themselves. Tell me if you recognize the points of them

and this:

ugh fine, go on speaking for non-whites despite the fact non-whites like me have a voice, aparently me telling you i dont feel oppressed is not the same as the people telling you they are

let us both part ways with our respective views, but let me tell you, this kind of behaviour is in my opinion, one of the reasons behind gamergate

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Rocket Girl said:
rbstewart7263 said:
Rocket Girl said:
rbstewart7263 said:
Rocket Girl said:
Denamic said:
The joke is that there are people who says things more ludicrous than that on tumblr. Like saying that "cishet" men should be castrated or even executed. I wish I was exaggerating.
Can you provide some kind of citation?
You can just go to the reddit/tumblrinaction that will show you some asshattery from those who think themselves progressive.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrinAction

heres some examples that I could find though I didnt bother with anything specific.

ooh heres a good one!

http://imgur.com/p6zgaRx

I should point out: No TIA doesnt think all activists are like this they just get a kick from the ones that are.lol
The first one is loaded with jokes and is clearly not serious. The image has nothing to do with anyone suggesting white men are rapists and the third is literally made by someone with the name "cispeoplearegross" where they talk about killing their child if they are cis. How is that even remotely meant to be taken seriously?

You've taken a joke thread akin to the comic posted here, an unrelated image and a snapshot of a discussion between people that may as well have actually named themselves WeAreTrolling. Where is this so called "cis men should be executed" argument?

EDIT: That Reddit? This is their description, as written by them:

Seen a horribly oppressed transethnic otherkin blog their plight? Wept at how terrible it is for the suffering of multiple systems to go unheard every day? Been unable to even live with the thought of the identities of someone's headmates being cisdenied?
Then you've come to the right place!
Please.
lol O please indeed. Look dismiss all you want but there are people who seriously do think this way about the world. I think there are great activists out there I really do they just dont make it to this page. But dismiss or disagree if you must I care little.
I'm still waiting for you to show me these people that believe all white men should be castrated. You showed me a group of people making fun of the group you claim exists, but not any actual evidence that they do exist.
You want a specific example?

well here we dont have castration but he wants cis people to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi1gortW-Zs

here is a gay possibly trans talking about trans hatred of straight people on tumblr and how he dissagrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VzKYnT-l58

Now if that doesnt do it for you you will have to find the rest yourself. try missandry mermaid or something idk.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:
1) Bigotry still exists and effects people day-in and day-out

and

2) Institutionalized bigotry of the past (and the present) have effects long past their expiration because it affects the development of generations to come

Neither of those are, or rather, should be, inflammatory things to say. In fact, most findings of developmental psychology support the second statement quite strongly.
and you are responding to that acting in the exact same way? it dies off on its own, trust me,
WHEN?

I don't think that this has ever happened. Not that I'm aware at least. So why should I just trust you?

I mean, maybe for a single person, in their individual life, it may appear as such, but macro level sociological issues don't just go away. They do not "die off on [their] own." There is always a huge fuss raised, or some huge economic change to motivate it all. Change doesn't just happen. You make it happen. Maybe there are limits as to what is and isn't the right way to make it all happen, but it won't just happen on it's own.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

2) Institutionalized bigotry of the past (and the present) have effects long past their expiration because it affects the development of generations to come

Neither of those are, or rather, should be, inflammatory things to say. In fact, most findings of developmental psychology support the second statement quite strongly.
and you are responding to that acting in the exact same way? it dies off on its own, trust me,
WHEN?

I don't think that this has ever happened. Not that I'm aware at least. So why should I just trust you?

I mean, maybe for a single person, in their individual life, it may appear as such, but macro level sociological issues don't just go away. They do not "die off on [their] own." There is always a huge fuss raised, or some huge economic change to motivate it all. Change doesn't just happen. You make it happen. Maybe there are limits as to what is and isn't the right way to make it all happen, but it won't just happen on it's own.
because it happened in my country, i havent experience first hand in my entire life in here, i dont know what it is to discriminate someone based on the color of their skin, over here abso-fuckin'-lutely nobody cares, thats all it takes, giving everyone equal rights and stop caring

dont get me wrong, if someone gets assaulted for the color of their skin, sure condemn those actions, but stop talking in terms like "priviledge" and "CISscum", etc, you are drawing lines on the sand and simply make things worse

i cant promise you its going to happen soon, hell you might not even live to see it, buts its the only real equality that exists in my opinion, seeing people, as people, not as races

thundra

Aug 19, 2014
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

WHEN?

because it happened in my country, i havent experience first hand in my entire life in here, i dont know what it is to discriminate someone based on the color of their skin, over here abso-fuckin'-lutely nobody cares, thats all it takes, giving everyone equal rights and stop caring

dont get me wrong, if someone gets assaulted for the color of their skin, sure condemn those actions, but stop talking in terms like "priviledge" and "CISscum", etc, you are drawing lines on the sand and simply make things worse

i cant promise you its going to happen soon, hell you might not even live to see it, buts its the only real equality that exists in my opinion, seeing people, as people, not as races
Thats is the most ridiculous thing i have read. Sorry but america is far from biggotry free. There are protests against homosexuality by religious fanatics, there are hate crimes against people from middle east, trans people are ridicule by media, the muslims are send concentration camp in cuba from their homes countries without evidence or charges united states of america is far from Utopia

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
thundra said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Revnak said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
MarsAtlas said:

and

WHEN?

Thats is the most ridiculous thing i have read. Sorry but america is far from biggotry free. There are protests against homosexuality by religious fanatics, there are hate crimes against people from middle east, trans people are ridicule by media, the muslims are send concentration camp in cuba from their homes countries without evidence or charges united states of america is far from Utopia
"dont get me wrong, if someone gets assaulted for the color of their skin, sure condemn those actions"

my point is, dont antagonize other races, dont talk about "priviledges" and stuff like that that only alineate people, treat everyone as if they were from the same race, i never said you should condemn crimes based on race

intolerance is something that will eventually disappear almost completely from society, its human nature, the more we understand each other, the less we hate each other, dont put barriers that limit understanding and dont judge people for stuff they have no control over, like their race, gender or sexual orientation. a homosexual female asian deserves the same level of respect than a straight white male and vice versa