The First Game You Ever Played

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
The first thing I ever played was Cyan's PC classic Myst. The mysterious story, the beautiful enviroments, the richly detailed background, I completely fell in love with it from the moment I started. I had barely even heard of gaming so the idea of actually being able to explore a world, and even (In its own limited fashion) interact with the storyline was a revolution for me. It's probably influenced the way I look at every other thing I play.

First shooter was Retro's also brilliant Metroid Prime (Yeah, I know. I took me a while to expand into the rest of gaming).

First RPG was Bethesda's Oblivion. Ah, such fond memories of hours wasted walking from place to place instead of fast-traveling. First game I started modding too.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Tiki Kiwi, god did I love that game. Still a demented bastard to complete even by todays standards.

EDIT: 4-ish... maybe?

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Altered Beast when it came out with the sega genesis... I was a lil squirt when that came out, LOL

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I can't remember. The first console my family got was an NES with Super Mario Bros. but I know I played games before that.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
I don't even remember my first console.

[sub]I was told it was a Sega Genesis though.[/sub]

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES in 1991, but it might have been an arcade game before that, like Pac-man, Space Invaders, or the airplane game... 1941 or something.

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
First game I played? Well my first "computer", and I use the concept loosely, could do nothing but let me write letters on a green/black monitor.
So I spent hours building labyrinths out of X's and, I'm sure, imagining what sorts of adventures took place in those labyrinths

FoAmY99

Dec 8, 2009
The first game i've ever played...god were going back 16 years or something. I think it was either Tetris on the original gameboy or one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games for the NES.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
The earliest one I can remember is Sonic 1 on my cousin's Mega Drive. I got a C64 soon after that (it was her old one).

orc1231515

Mar 18, 2010
flopy at the age of 3, first decent game was tomb raider. my dad let me play the training level probably best to since i was only 4.