The first game you remember playing?

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
I checked the search bar and it was a bunch of "most boring game you've ever played"

So think way...way... back, to the first game you have ever played-ever.

Mine would be Army Men, for the PC. It was an RTS released way back when; and is one of my favorites.

So post you're "the first game i've ever played" Because I'm bored, and interested.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Moonlander. I would be impressed if you've heard of this, as it only came on 5" floppies and was two-color. That was probably in '88

Mario Brothers (the original one) was probably the second, or close to it.

And no, I don't feel old.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
For me it was Sonic II on Sega Mega Drive (Genesis).
Though, I seem to remember little bits of an ancient pc game called Crystal Caves before that.
In any case, it was one of these two games.

TheBXRabbit

Feb 15, 2009
I don't remember the name, but there was an old SNES at my daycare where I played a game with a squirrel running around a forest collecting apples. A little after that I remember playing Super Mario 64 at somebody's house. I didn't even know what gaming was back then, I just thought these things were cool fancy toys.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Welcome to the escapist.

Don't feed the trolls.
Don't mind the dead bodies, MaxtheReaper and Neonbob can get messy.
Don't give out your address.

...And you'll be fine. Mostly.

OT: As i've said a bazillion times, NES, original Mario Brothers.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Not to be the "fun police" but this threads been done recently I swear I've posted this same answer 4 times at least recently.

Sonic 1 for the Sega Genesis was my first game played and first game owned, it came with my Sega and I still have both the system and the game and I won't give up either.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
I think it was an Amiga or a sluggy 'puter like that. The game I used to play there was called "Gold Miner" where you run around gathering golden asterisks. I remember the sound effects were fucking spooky (but I was easily scared piss-less by anything that time)

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Super Mario World, part of the Super Mario All-Stars Collection on the SNES. Still have that game and the same system, in perfect working condition. Hell, Now i'm all nostalgic, I might just go play it.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Sonic the Hedgehog was my first game. I was 3 at the time. I remember it so well...not really.

Snotnarok said:
]
Sonic 1 for the Sega Genesis
*high five*

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
The original Mario Bros. I used to sit in my Mom's lap and watched her play it until I was five and finally picked up the controller. :p

My Dad had no idea what he was creating when he bought her that NES. Now my siblings and myself are all avid gamers.

Kilaknux

Jun 16, 2009
Myst. Dad had just got a comupter and this came with it. We had some fun trying to solve the damn thing. I was 5, and I credit any logical thinking I do to that game.

rintasja

Mar 27, 2009
Prince of persia, the black and white version. And, price of persia 2, the fist prince of persia game just re-released with colors