The first game you remember playing?

Byronic

Aug 6, 2009
Pong for me too :) What about the old Simon game where you repeat the colour patterns?

I played Castle Wolfenstein on the Apple IIe as a kid too :)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Wolfenstein)

We were kinda lucky at our primary school (around '84?), we had a network of Commodore 64s that we could play adventure games on at lunch time (other than doing classes on them of course)

Oh - yay to me... first post on this site :D

sinboy666

Oct 21, 2008
Wildrow12 said:
Q-Bert on the Atari 2600.

Wow, I feel OLLLLLLLLLLLD.
I think I got you beat Wildrow, I played "Beam Rider" and Dig Dug on my stepfather's IBM machine back before we got an inter-Television for my brother's birthday.

I will say the first game I remember thoroughly beating was "Chaken: The Forever Man" for Genesis, that was an AWESOME game.

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
Ok see that's a trick question, but i have to say pac-man on the 2600 as it's the only game I remember on the 2600 that i had.

Abi79

Sep 19, 2007
Ah, Doom, at my cousin's, when I was three years old. Good times, good times. Even better times now.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
Moon Patrol at the arcades.
Then maybe Adventure on the 2600. I remember Moon Patrol first, though I think Adventure came first.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
crudus said:
Sonic the Hedgehog was my first game. I was 3 at the time. I remember it so well...not really.

Snotnarok said:
]
Sonic 1 for the Sega Genesis
*high five*
*on the rebound*

I remember actually when I got it, it was about a week before x-mas I ran upstairs to my grandmother (presumably to get snacks or whatever) she turned to me while holding the Sega Genesis in the box with open wrapping paper on her blanket-chest. I spazzed out (you would too don't freakin' lie) and jumped around yellin' "Alright a Sega Genesis!! WITH Sonic!! Holy cow yeah!!" and she tried to explain that it was for the whole family, but we both knew who it was for! Ah...the memories you share with random people across the globe...crap now I gotta change my "what was your first video game question" on my banks website.

Gazuba

Aug 19, 2009
The earliest game I remember playing was Lylat Wars on the N64; but as my memory is shot to sh1t. I daresay it was an earlier one.

tfkillah

May 7, 2009
Dont remember the name of the game or even the console it was on as I was very young at the time. Basically it was a tank on either side of a hill and you had to judge angle and power to try to kill your opponent before they did the same to you. First game I remember well was Alex kidd built in to my master system.