The first videogame you ever played

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
Lets think.

Either Spyro the dragon or Soul reaver both of which I still think are great.

Even if they do look like crappy polygons but they are Ps1 games.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Something on Master System, or this console that had a plane on its box... I was too young to remember the games' names but for the obvious Alex Kid and Sonic. Now, if it comes to MY OWN system, my first system was Super Nintendo and my first game was Mario Bros. I also had some of those SEGA mini-games, but I sincerely can't remember if I played those after or before my SNES :(

Edit: By Mario Bros. I meant Super Mario World

Pahakeisari

Oct 1, 2011
First one I remember was Snoopy on C64 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM45gWVo2Rc
That music had to go pretty quickly but the "puzzles" were inspiring to a 5yo.

brutus3933

Aug 3, 2009
I'm pretty sure I grew up playing the old Humongous Entertainment games like Spy Fox or Pajama Sam. My first proper game was probably either Return to Castle Wolfenstein or GTA III at my cousin's house. My first console game was Pokemon Yellow, though

DAAANtheMAAAN

Sep 5, 2011
Let's see... The first game I remember playing had to be "Ernie's Big Splash". Either that or some other 5' floppy game. I do distinctly remember Leisure Suit Larry from back then, too.

I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I knew more commands for DOS between the ages of 3-5 than I do now.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Super Mario Bros for the original NES, or Duck Hunt for the same console. I can't remember which as I was between three and four at the time. The third game was Ninja Gaiden, also for the NES.

The console was actually my older brothers. They were also as far as I remember the only games that he owned.

kamay said:
Super Mario bros./duck hunt on the NES when i was a wee lad in the 80s
*High fives*

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
first game i played was the first Super Mario. i was around 4 years old i think. i do remember watching my mom play the first Zelda and my dad had his friends over and they played this really really old hockey game for the NES. i got more into games when the Snes came out but i was still a wild child and was outside playing more than indoors.

KeikakuKat

Feb 10, 2011
The first game I ever played was my brother's copy of Kirby's Dream Land when I was three tears old. And I was TERRIBLE at it. I was such a bad gamer as a kid. I had no idea what I was doing.

The first game that I was ever somewhat GOOD at was Pokémon Blue Version.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Ernie's Magic Shapes on my PC Jr.

I loved it. I wish I could find it for my kids to play it now.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I can't recall exactly.

I know that for a good while, I played both Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt around the same amount before I was introduced to other games.

So either one of them could have been my first.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Super mario 64 on my cousin's N64 when I was about 2. Most of the time I just watched her but I played occasionally.

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
I'm comforted that so many people have mentioned games that came out around 1984. It makes me feel less old.

I think the first game I ever played was on the BBC Micro at school. No idea what I played first. There was a castle building simulator that, as far as we could tell, was impossible to win at because no matter how you assigned your "workers" and "supervisors" there were never enough people to get it finished before the barbarians showed up. There was a typing tutor with a wee man climbing stairs of ever-longer words. That one was actually fun. There was a zoo keeping game where you had to move the animals from cage to cage without them clashing- it was basically a sliding block puzzle with the chance of getting eaten. I have vague memories of a text adventure where I don't think anyone ever made it more than four turns without picking the wrong compass direction and getting swallowed by some instantly fatal (and apparently very stealthy) red mist.

The first game I played outside of school (may have been before the BBC Micro experience) was Breakout on my friend's ZX Spectrum.

-Nick

xDarc

Feb 19, 2009
Dad used to take me up to Dawn Donuts around 1987 and they still had Spaced Invaders.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Exius Xavarus said:
Sonic the Hedgehog would be the first game I can remember playing. I believe I was 2 years old.
Yes! This right here, my first game was probably the Master System version of Sonic the Hedgehog, though it could also be Alex Kidd in Miracle World or even Sonic 3 (my favourite game ever), I can't really recall that dark and murky time of my life where I didn't even know of Nintendo.