The Force Unleashed: The Next Star Wars Movie?

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
JOE COOL said:
Its like trying to milk a very old cow being kept alive by tax payers money, they continue to milk the poor thing and pretty soon the cows going to die.
Speaking of something being kept alive, what is it lately with people reviving old news threads? There've been threads from Feburary brought back, and this one's nine months old. I wouldn't mind if it was the Off-Topic section, but this isn't news anymore. It's olds, and it's getting ridiculous.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
No no no no no no no. I would rather a movie set during KoTor time if anything, and I do not need to re-see the Apprentice wuss out to becoming a good guy. I wnated to be pure evil Sith assassin, not..."Starkiller"

Sep 14, 2009
Jhereg42 said:
It would make a great movie, and I read somewhere that the character design was somewhat close to the actual appearance of the Voice Actors, so it would be simple to cast.
]

they based the whole characters look after the actor, i forgot his name, but he was on smallville for a while and i immediately thought "OHHH SHIT, THERE IS THE APPRENTICE!!!!!!", in which he is NOT a bad actor at all, he at least has the voice down very well in the games i think.

as long as they kept it action packed and really let the force "unleash" like they do in the games, i think it could be awesome.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
So this thread is about a year old. Remind me why it's on the front page? Whose bright idea was it to bring this back to life?

I suppose if I were to add anything of value to this, it'd be my lack of caring. I don't want to see this, I want to see new things.

Teh_Dave

Sep 21, 2010
Is starkiller actually modelling on a specific person? I would be cool if they could get him to play him.

Jeffro Tull

Sep 27, 2010
I'm not a big fan of the prequels, but I am not quick to dismiss them either. I think the main reason why people have their panties in a bunch is that they don't seem to factor in how all of the parts add up to a whole. The prequels themselves were kind of an experiment for Lucas. He had to take a set of movies that were established well beyond his original intention for them, and weave all of it together to create a back story. I could imagine that if you are working off of an original outline that you wrote 30 years ago it would be difficult to flesh it out. If you add to this the fact that Lucas already had it in his head that people were not going to like it as much as the middle 3 episodes, which is why he started there, you can see why this project wasn't going to feel the same as the beloved trilogy from the 70s and 80s.

Prior to the productions of episodes 1-3 the back story was something that you had to find sifting the countless pieces of merchandise (books, trading cards, comics, etc.). Eventually fans would pull these random bits of info together in order to explain the glaring questions that less fanatical movie goers would have about episodes 4-6. In a way you can see this as an oral tradition that had begun amongst Star Wars fans. They knew how the pieces added up to their favorite elements and had those scenes well in mind. When Lucas put the pieces that he planned on using in a movie there was outrage. It didn't fit in with how the fans had envisioned these elements.
The story of episodes 1-3 plays out in the same way the earliest mythologies work. There are very few reasons that are given as to why two characters fall in love, they just do. Sadness is felt by Obi-wan toward Anikan, because he's his master and his student went against the way of his teachings. Anikan falls to the darkside , because he's afraid of losing his love. The emotional elements of the main plot are base. What ties this trilogy with the original are the subtleties of these major events, and no I don't mean the rehashing of one liners. When one views these movies in order one can see a subtle dynamic in the previous generations actions that shape your perspective of the original trilogy differently. I believe that was what Lucas was going for with the prequels. He was well aware that lightening never strikes the same place twice.