The game you tried to get into, but just couldn't.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Far Cry 2 is a recent example. I tried to love that game, I really did, but I had to sit through the first few missions over and over again (due to playing on different 360s) and I got tired of seeing the same things over and over. Plus the travel is notoriously boring. Then I heard the game was broken and a glitch caused the entire main story to stop dead, so I said "fuck it" and haven't touched it since last year.

Just yesterday though I popped it in and I'm enjoying it again, mostly due to the news about a patch that fixed the story mode glitch. Dying from walking off a small hill made me rage though...

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
For me, Oblivion. Tried and tried, but every time I just get bored and start a different game. Hoping Fallout 3 will be different though.

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
...Dying from walking off a small hill made me rage though...
For me, it was the fact that I got run over, then my 'buddy' helped me, got run over himself, so I saved him, then he got run over again, and he died that time. So, I just loaded the most recent save and stayed away from cars.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
No matter how awesome my friends say it is, I can't seem to get into Fallout 3. It just doesn't hold my attention. Also Dawn of War 2. They practically bullied me into buying it and I honestly can't stand playing it.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Mezzamine said:
For me, Oblivion. Tried and tried, but every time I just get bored and start a different game. Hoping Fallout 3 will be different though.
Yeah, I forgot about Oblivion. I love the hell out of Fallout 3, and I played that BEFORE Oblivion, so it looks like your odds of liking it are better.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Left 4 Dead. *awaits angery vale fan*

Thought it was neat, but the novelty quickly weared off and it got boring.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
StarCraft.

And believe me, I tried so very hard to love that game, but it led me down a path of frustration and stress that only ten years of therapy could erase. It led me to a single realization; "I am not fit for RTS games."

So I went back to blasting Nazis in Call of Duty. Good times.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Monster Hunter....Tried MHF2 (Freedom 2), tried MHFU (Freedom Unite). Conclusion: no story + extraordinary grinding = FUHGEDDABOUDIT!

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I'm trying to get into StarCraft because my brother got it and let me download it, but it's not working so far.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
There are none really. I don't buy games all that often and only pick the ones I really want now so I tend to enjoy them all.

The closest would be Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, on a wave of nostalgia I bought it cheaply and became bored much more quickly than I expected.

Armored Prayer said:

Thought it was neat, but the novelty quickly weared off and it got boring.
I like L4D, but agree that it quickly gets boring. I tend to play it for a week or so and then give it a break for a month or two until I feel like playing it again, same with TF2 really.

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
Mother 3

*runs away*

(Okay, I am only at the beginning maybe it needs some time..)

Final Fantasy 4 (I didn't even bothered to play 1,2,3 and 5 because it bored me that hard..)

Almost the same happened to EarthBound, thank god it didn't and I can enjoy this little gem

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Armored Prayer said:
You BASTARD! How DARE you not like something that I like, rraaaaaawwwwwwrrrrrrrrgggggghhh!

...Sorry, didn't want to keep you waiting

Anyway, for me, it's every Grand Theft Auto game ever - I try to get into the stories but it all inevitably devolves into a cheat-enhanced killing spree.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I agree with Far Cry 2. There's a lot of really great things in that game, mostly in the small details of the world and its engine... But that's about it.

The game always gave me a feeling they made a huge world built on a good engine, but they forgot to add the gameplay to it.

EliteDave725

Aug 11, 2009
I recently bought Fallout 3 and for the life of me I just can't get into it. I can understand what makes it a good game but it doesn't seem to draw me in. Perhaps I've been coddled for too long by difficulty settings and regenerating health.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Dungeons & Dragons - Dragonshard.

The only reason I couldn't get into it was it black screened every time i booted it up ;)

metalmmaniac

Jun 30, 2009
my friends keep trying to get me into MMOs, i just can't do it. I even bought and tried guild wars, as well as WoW...not for me.

Also, Dead Rising. I love zombies, i love the dark comedy, the ways people die are awesome, but i can't find myself playing it for more than 20 min, and even then i just kill zombies the whole time with no real progression.