The Great Final Fantasy Retrospective - Let's Mosey

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Sigh, a trailer is an add square enix, so please, if I'm going to watch your add, the least you can do is not have another add just before and especially DURING THE TRAILER ITSELF! To add insult to injury, the add I got was for D4, a competitor!

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I got a ps5 for XVI so I finally can play that Yuffie dlc for 7R. I didn't care much for her in the original 7 but in the spinoffs, especially CC, she was a lot of fun.

Thing is, I kinda feel like replaying 7R first so the story feels more connected, but not right now since sf6 is keeping me busy and XVI is so close, and after that we have trails into reverie which is likely to be another 150 hour event. Ninja girl has got to wait a bit more.

I keep my head down to avoid spoilarz but do we have any idea for 7R2's release date? Is it like 2025 or something?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I keep my head down to avoid spoilarz but do we have any idea for 7R2's release date? Is it like 2025 or something?
the release date is supposedly this winter, which could be anytime between november 2023 through march 2024.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
2024 I don't know if it will held up to F7R, but it looks promising and Red XIII is finally a playable character (which is the only thing that F7R was missing imo).

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Been trying for a while to start the FF14 free trial, and the process is such a fucking mess I'm close to giving up.

So, I've downloaded FF14-- the free trial version-- on PS5. It asks me to login to my Square Enix account on PS5, but when I do it tells me I don't have access to the game.

I understand that I need to link my PSN to my Square Enix account on a browser separately (which is kind of stupid, considering I already logged into my Square Enix account ON my PSN account, but whatever). Except there's no option on Square's account management pages to link to a PSN. There is a "register service account" option, which directs me to the browser page for FFXIV on Sony's website and lets me buy it again.

The fuck do I do.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Now I’m wondering which one will be more successful; FF16 or FF7R. Both are ps5 exclusives (at least for some time) that look amazing, but also have their own share of critics (both legit and unhinged)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Now I’m wondering which one will be more successful; FF16 or FF7R. Both are ps5 exclusives (at least for some time) that look amazing, but also have their own share of critics (both legit and unhinged)
Ff7 and it wont be even close.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Been trying for a while to start the FF14 free trial, and the process is such a fucking mess I'm close to giving up.

So, I've downloaded FF14-- the free trial version-- on PS5. It asks me to login to my Square Enix account on PS5, but when I do it tells me I don't have access to the game.

I understand that I need to link my PSN to my Square Enix account on a browser separately (which is kind of stupid, considering I already logged into my Square Enix account ON my PSN account, but whatever). Except there's no option on Square's account management pages to link to a PSN. There is a "register service account" option, which directs me to the browser page for FFXIV on Sony's website and lets me buy it again.

The fuck do I do.
Based on what you've said im not quite sure what's going wrong. But when i started my trial, i signed up for a trial account on the internet first, making a square account and whatever for the trial. Then i used that account to log into the ff14 trial on the playstation which prompted a link and then worked just fine.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
FFVIIR: RB, but both games are going to succeed regardless of the matter. Assuming SE doesn't go into their pathetic "sold below expectations" mold with FFXVI.

Ff7 and it wont be even close.
True, but XVI will have the better combat. VIIR: RB will be no slouch either.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I am lucky cause in my spoiler free hole I've not heard of any criticism. About the only thing negative I've seen is people whining that the easymode accessories punish you for not doing manual timing by reducing your slots for other gear and how that isn't a real difficulty setting, as though there had to have been a difficulty setting in ffxvi and we all just agreed to that lol, and I don't consider that relevant criticism.

I think XVI is hitting a way wider audience with its style and inspiration by things like a song of ice and fire, but VII is a huge IP so on name alone it would prolly beat it, without being as amazing to play as the first one was.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Based on what you've said im not quite sure what's going wrong. But when i started my trial, i signed up for a trial account on the internet first, making a square account and whatever for the trial. Then i used that account to log into the ff14 trial on the playstation which prompted a link and then worked just fine.
It worked after a (second) redownload. I'm playing now, as a Conjurer Miqo'te.

I'm playing mostly for completionism's sake: I want to complete all mainline Final Fantasy installments (only got 2, 11 and 14 to go). So I'd like to just power through the base game during the free trial. How feasible is that?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I'm playing mostly for completionism's sake: I want to complete all mainline Final Fantasy installments (only got 2, 11 and 14 to go).
Um, how do you "complete" an MMO? 0_0