dsmops2003 said:
Black Sulphur said:
dsmops2003 said:
Naeo said:
Ooh. Toughie. My candidates:

Tool
Isis
Neurosis
Johnny Cash (technically not a "band" but whatever)
Evoken (maybe)

I just realized that all my favorite bands are from not-America (The Go-Betweens, The Church, Sigur Ros, Ahab, Mogwai, Funeral, Pink Floyd, etc).
Fuck me sideways someone else who listens to evoken!!!
*Hands up* me and a mate are fans as well.
Nice. I suppose you listen to diSEMBOWELMENT and AHAB as well?
Oh yeah i am a massive Ahab fan.
Awesome! Ahab is fantastic indeed. I also listen to Wreck of the Hesperus, Mournful Congregation, "old" my dying bride, mourning beloveth etc...

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
well most of the great bands that come to mind are from Britan, but if i have to say greatest American, i would say The Doors.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Rage Against The Machine, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy for me. Out of the three.... can't decide. I like many more, but these three are my favorite.

Jerious1154

Aug 18, 2008
I'm surprised that almost nobody has said Bruce Springstein and the E Street Band. Not my personal favorite, but in my mind that is the quintessential American band. Plus, The Boss can still put on one hell of a show.

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
Xpwn3ntial said:
OT: I say The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
Ah! But only Hendrix was American in that band, meaning it was 2/3 english. Additionally, they were based in London, England.

I'd go for either the Beach Boys, Pixies, Big Star, Beastie Boys, The Velvets, Talking Heads, Television (Marquee Moon earns them a place on its own), Creedence Clearwater revival or (my personal choice) REM

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Mr Snuffles said:
Tool

/thread

EDIT: Can I change that to Black label Society? =P
This. Tool by far.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot all the other great american bands (Disturbed, Metallica, Nirvana, KoRn and so on) It's actually a hard choice.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
FargoDog said:
Dream Theater.
Well that didn't take very long. I say Dream Theater as well.

Although for greatest American solo artist, I would say Serj Tankian. He plays multiple instruments, composes a ton of music, is politically active and just an all around cool guy.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Black Sabbath

Honestly, I have no idea who to choose, so I'm going with what I'm listening to at the moment, namely Pantera.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Muse.....Oh wait American hmmmmm well I'll still say Muse. Since Lady GaGa, and Kesha runied what I liked about our musoc here in america.

gjendemsjo

May 11, 2010
The Rolling stones, AC DC or Aerosmith.

Edit: Sorry, didn't pay attention to the title of the blog, tought it was just "the best band ever" and not "the best american band ever".