The inspiration of your username

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Guilion said:
Saelune said:
Guilion said:
I was very into graphic design (Particularly animation) in my teenage years, I probably heard GUI a thousand times in that period of time.

Somewhere along the line I started calling myself GUI-lion and eventually I just removed the hyphen.
Huh...I guess then pronouncing it as "Gweleon" is wrong then?
Well, I'm kind of used to people getting my nickname wrong all the time, I mean the whole reason why I removed the hyphen was because my friends started calling me "Guil" (As in guil from guillotine).

So I really don't care how people pronounce my name as long as it isn't something lethargically non-sensical such as "Juilohn".
But...how do -you- say it?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Something random but punchy I wanted for an online game and it has become something of a moniker for me.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
I used to go by Kytseo (pronounced kite-say-oh) everywhere (I was a massive .hack fanboy at the time, and it's a loose portmanteau between the character names of Kite and Haseo, except replace the i in Kite with a y).

An ex of mine gave me the nickname of Kyo-chan, and, eventually, I replaced Kytseo with DarklordKyo (adding the Darklord part because it sounded like it went well with Kyo, that it flowed well).

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Saelune said:
Edit: Oh, and its pronounced "Say-loon". Alot of people tell me they are unsure how to say it, but I dont think it looks that hard to figure out. *shrug*
Really?, I always figured it was pronounced that way personally.

Dalsyne

Jul 13, 2015
Not a deep or convoluted story here. I switch pseudonyms frequently, and I like making up names. This name is 100% made up. Quite like the way it sounds, actually. Syne as in sine (wave).

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Romulus was taken. I kept a wolfman pic for years because according to myth, the two brothers were raised by wolves. So the next logical leap would be that the founders of Rome were lycanthropes.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
A decapitated centaur is a headless horse-man and that seemed funny to me one day. Now I'm stuck with it

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
It's based on Bartholomew Roberts, who according to legend was the most successful pirate of all time, and the basis for many cliches we associate with them, such as buried treasure on uninhabited islands. It's a pseudonym I've used on several forums for years. When I learned about the existence of Bartholin glands [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartholin%27s_gland] though (since english is a second language to me after all), I started to think about perhaps rebranding myself online.

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
I wanted something catchy, and related to Rorschach from Watchmen, so I used an expression used to describe him in the actual Graphic Novel.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Used to be Solaire of Astora here. Inspiration is obvious, got bored of it and asked for a username change since I used my first one on that. I tried to include some connection to the old name and I'm liking sleep a lot more as I age.

Elsewhere on the internet I just go by my name on Twitch more often than not.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I was trying to think of a name for Metal Gear Online (the mgs4 version). I wanted to go with another stealthy reptile to be sort of similar to Snake, Chameleon seemed to obvious so I went with gecko. I spelled it as gek0 because gecko was taken, and having K0 in it just seemed cool to me at the time. I've been using variations of the name since, I just like it.

Recently, I've been using gekosaurus because it's never taken.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
I needed a new forum name because I'd outgrown my old/original name from my younger days and couldn't think of anything. Then the TPB of the fairly middling X-Men storyline Here Comes Tomorrow fell into view and I liked the sound of it because it sounds interesting but also dumb at the same time if you really think about it.

It's also never taken anywhere. I've moved onto Mantis Toboggan on other forums since.