The Knight

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Wow, that makes this arc so much better already. But, aside from the one grammatical error, what the hell was Erin thinking?! Of course bones are as hard as bricks. If they weren't we'd all be jellyfish. I guess if her subconscious knew that he wasn't real she might have been expecting less of a backlash, but the nocebo effect can be a cruel thing. Or maybe I'm over-thinking this?

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
snagli said:
So. We now know that Erin can throw herself out of a window, then grab herself by the ankles and suspend herself in midair.

Shit, I need to smash my head into a lamppost, I want to do that too.
Or as with the last panel, it all happened in her head and she is still in the bar booth.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Zhukov said:
If he's Link, how was he able to talk? Ot at least, talk without saying, "Excuuuuuse me, Princess"?
At least he didn't invite her to dinner for some octorocks.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Scrustle said:
How did a hallucination dangle someone out of a window by their feet?
I'm going for the "Fight Club" theory of external perception of one's self. In theory, she was never dangling out of the window in the first place.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Well that was neat. Not much more to say. Can't wait to see what happens next.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I don't want to be THAT GUY but erm... I guessed it was Link.

Still a great arc though, particully liked the 'come out swinging' part.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Scrustle said:
Little Girl Erin did say she was "going back in" so if I had to guess they were temporarily real, especially since they were interacting without Erin being there

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
Soooo did all those people in the bar see Erin sitting there hitting on herself and drinking imaginary beers that Link bought? That must have been hilarious.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Devoneaux said:
artanis_neravar said:
Scrustle said:
Little Girl Erin did say she was "going back in" so if I had to guess they were temporarily real, especially since they were interacting without Erin being there
I'm reminded of the ME3 ending slightly:

Nothing makes sense.

I'm left with more questions than answers in what was supposedly the conclusion.
Because it's not really a conclusion like that, it ended a story arc, but the overall arc is still going on.

Piecewise

Apr 18, 2008
Wait what?

So...how was a hallucination holding her out a window?

And how were they talking when she was out of the room?

Is this implying that her hallucinations are some how corporeal entities in and of themselves?

What, is she god or something? Summoning phantoms from her subconscious into physical form?

Also, since she's just imagining all this or something, it renders the entire thing equal to "It was all a dream" sequences.

And the only character development we got out of it is that she's a complete psychopath that seems to have a pathological need to punch people in the face to get what she wants.

It's still not as bad as CAD, but god damn it you're trying.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Devoneaux said:
Imp Emissary said:
Well that was neat. Not much more to say. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Hopefully nothing. I hope he just takes the spot Lee Lee left open for practice writing out a thematically coherent plot with deep and meaningful characters. Lord knows he could certainly use it. =/
Oh come now. Buck up bud. It wasn't all bad. Surely it was interesting enough to get us all to keep watching. As for your questions above;
1. Most of the holding her out the window stuff was probably just in her head. Like when she was in little Erin's game room.

2. Yeah, it would seem that it was all little Erin's plan.

3. What was the point? Like the little one said, to make Erin stop being all woe is me, and actively do something about it her way. Head on, with some fists and what not.

As for why all that wasn't said so directly....Well, 1. you can only have so much said at one time in a web comic without it ending up sounding over written, and 2. The only other way is to make the arc even longer to make room for it all, and I don't think many people would like either.

Besides, it's over now, right?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
So was it imaginary and she wasn't actually being dangled out of the window, or are her hallucinations able to physically manifest themselves?