The last RPG you played... that WASN'T Skyrim

TheLoveableMuffin

Jun 11, 2011
That would be the gem that is Dark Souls, which I'm finding a way, way, WAY more rewarding and fulfulling than Skyrim...and considering I 1000Gd Skyrim in a month, Dark Souls is keeping me warm in the Winter months...though I am in Blghttown and there's nothing cozy about that place. (Stupid bug things...hey a leech...OHMYGODTHERESTWENTYOFTHEM!! You Died...)

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Skyr.... oh wait....

Ehm....

Let's see... can't remember much from the time before Skyrim.

I believe I once tried a bit of Dark Souls at my friends place, but couldn't for the life of me understand the story or what I was doing/where I was going. But I did play for like 10 minutes, so that one.

Dark Link

Jul 27, 2009
Been playing Golden Sun, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon Emerald and Final Fantasy IV Advance all for the GBA. What can I say, I like the classics. As for non-GBA RPGs...Mass Effect 1 and 2 in preparation for Mass Effect 3, Fallout 3, and I'm not sure if Terraria counts, but Terraria.

hawklord2112

Apr 14, 2009
Morrowind. it still stands up versus most modern RPGs.

other than that, Dungeon Siege 3, dabbled with Dragon Age 2, and Phantasy Star Universe (if that counts)

oh and all the Pen and Paper ones - Pathfinder and WFRP.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Demon's Souls

I was trying to take a break from Skyrim and I ended up playing Demon's Souls for about 3 minutes before going back to Skyrim.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

I picked it up during a Steam sale a while back and played through it for the first time as a Toreador. Was great fun. Definitely one of those underappreciated gems of gaming. I'm just starting my second playthrough as a Malkavian. It's hilarious.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Dark Souls. The only have to say about it is that if you are trying to make a game challenging, don't make it an Action-RPG where you can make your character overpowered as fuck.

DAAANtheMAAAN

Sep 5, 2011
I was just starting up Parasite Eve when Skyrim came out. I've been trying to scale the Crysler Building, but man is it a boring climb.

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Yeah I know that it got bad reviews but it's just what JRPG fans want and like in the genre and it makes so many gaming references in it that are nods to both old and new games and consoles.

Crazedc00k

Mar 29, 2011
Just before Skyrim came out, I spent a couple of hours speed running through Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. This is still my favorite game more than a decade after its release, and it still feels fresh and profound. Any fan of classic RPGs, especially classic fallout, owes it to him or herself to play it

Crazedc00k

Mar 29, 2011
Kiefer13 said:
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

I picked it up during a Steam sale a while back and played through it for the first time as a Toreador. Was great fun. Definitely one of those underappreciated gems of gaming. I'm just starting my second playthrough as a Malkavian. It's hilarious.
This, THIS is a great game. but it doesn't work on my 64 bit operating system. I'd love to be able to play it again. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, it was awesome but I found Twilight princess more fun, can wait for Skyward Sword.

Also I completed Ocarina as well. :D

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
kommando367 said:
Dark Souls. The only have to say about it is that if you are trying to make a game challenging, don't make it an Action-RPG where you can make your character overpowered as fuck.
Once you gain access to either of the two of the game's premium grinding spots, you can basically adjust the difficulty as you see fit. I got my sorcerer from SL45 to SL95 with only a few hours of Anor Londo grinding and spent the leftover 150k or so souls to buy twinkling titanites and get my Giant's set to +5 to complement my +5 Moonlight Greatsword. Every single boss from that point on died from 4 crystal soul spears and a couple of whacks to the head. Especially for the Four Kings I was ridiculously overleveled, it was supposed to be a dps race but I never saw a second king spawn. Oh well. My new character is Halberd-only, no grinding, no co-op. Going good so far.